Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any notion of a repeated pattern is false in Ann Arbor. The Gibbons situation was awful. Poorly handled by people who have since been broomed out. When another accusation came up, with Grant Perry, it was handled far more carefully. There will be more in the future, and if they are poorly handled, those people should be fired too. With MSU, there is a pattern that repeats over and over, and whilst I'm sure it's tempting for you to think that's the same, it clearly isn't. If it were the same, OTL wouldn't give a fuck about MSU because they'd have Michigan to write about. Everyone would love to take down Michigan because of the arrogance and hubris, but Michigan's institutions do not behave like MSU's have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post

This is my partial response to Paula Lavigne and ESPN’s recently published / broadcast Outside the Lines  (“OTL”) article “Michigan State secrets extend far beyond Larry Nassar case.” Unlike L…

Lays it all out nicely. ESPN is fucking garbage.

Comment

• So are quite a few of the folks associated with Michigan State over the years. Of course if the same kinds of people were associated with Michigan nobody would give a crap about what's going on at Moo U because there'd be far bigger fish to fry.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          Any notion of a repeated pattern is false in Ann Arbor. The Gibbons situation was awful. Poorly handled by people who have since been broomed out. When another accusation came up, with Grant Perry, it was handled far more carefully. There will be more in the future, and if they are poorly handled, those people should be fired too. With MSU, there is a pattern that repeats over and over, and whilst I'm sure it's tempting for you to think that's the same, it clearly isn't. If it were the same, OTL wouldn't give a fuck about MSU because they'd have Michigan to write about. Everyone would love to take down Michigan because of the arrogance and hubris, but Michigan's institutions do not behave like MSU's have.
          you just keep on believing what you want to believe .... the truth will never reach your muddled maizen mind.
          Forever One!

Comment

• Good job addressing the points I've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
              hahaha ... never a doubt. I figured at least one of the 3 biggest dipshits on the board would have a stupid comment, but instead got 2. Just waiting for Wingsfan to chime in and the trifecta is complete.
              Oh phew!
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                Good job addressing the points I've made.
                you made a point? You mean you said something different from your holier than though perch other than the usual self aggrandising drivel.

Hey, we already know. UM is the greatest and they would never pay players ... oh wait nvm ... they would never recruit criminals, oh wait, nvm ... they would never hide/cover-up rape ... oh wait, nvm. You said State has a culture of cover-up and I'd say UM fandom has a culture of shit that doesn't fit their narrative. I'm still waiting for the history of cover-ups at MSU. Yes, I'm aware of Nassar and his insidiousness and the insidiousness of those who enabled him and hope they rot in jail. I also agree the administration didn't handle the crisis well, which is why Simon and Hollis are out. But that situation didn't have anything to do with Izzo or Dantonio.
                Forever One!

Comment

• I said that if it were actually happening at MICHIGAN, nobody would give a fuck about your stupid school.

Comment

• MassSpartan ...... My sense is that posters here have been uniform in their positions that Izzo and Dantonio had then and have now nothing to do with the Nasser crimes.

Most here have voiced the opinion that how MSU dealt with any and all previous allegations of sexual misconduct under Title IX have already been reviewed by appropriate authority. I don't think I need to tell anyone plugged into our discussion in this forum that we're not talking about the NCAA rules here; Title IX is a federal code and alleged violations of them are handled internally by MSU and reviewed/investigated by Federal Authorities.

IMO, the ESPN, OTL piece is irresponsible given that all the issues raised in it had previously been addressed in accordance with Title IX protocols for allegations of sexual misconduct within MSU and reviewed by Federal Authorities. I can only assume review found MSU had acted appropriately in all these cases.

The media, both social and traditional broadcast and press, IMO have tended to conflate the Nasser crimes with already reviewed allegations of sexual misconduct under Title IX. Moreover, I'd ask what is the basis upon which questions of MSU's mishandling of previous allegations are based upon?

I think I know the answer to that question. It's immaterial if aggrieved parties don't think allegations of sexual misconduct were handled correctly. It could be material if aggrieved parties wanted to undertake legal action to demonstrate that they were handled incorrectly. Talking about it to the press or on social media is fine. However, there needs to be other than arm waving and accusations. Counterfactual arguments would be nice.

I also think that MSU's position of not making public certain aspects of the past allegations and subsequent investigations and review is appropriate. That some don't like that and choose to complain about it in public forums and to the press is inappropriate. JMO, YMMV but folks taking issue with the facts before us and drawing conclusions that MSU or employed coaches are dirty, covering shit up or whatever demeaning comments about them and MSU that those folks want to make makes them worthy of being ignored.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 19, 2018, 05:02 PM.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• So damn predictable - it isn't even funny Masspartan is obsessed and wanted to talk about Michigan (but but but Michigan!!!) My palm facing out, and place in your face.

I have no hate and will let the facts play out. Just posting

Lansing City Pulse

In response to the sexual assault allegations against two standout freshman Michigan State University basketball players in 2010, the university ignored its own sexual assault protocols in moving Keith Appling and Adreian Payne out of Wonders Hall, newly obtained documents show.

Additionally, the documents show MSU Basketball Coach Tom Izzo was not only informed about the case against his players, but that he quickly met with Associate Athletic Director Alan Haller, a former MSU Police officer, and Assistant Coach Mike Garland as well as the players hours after a search warrant was executed on their dorm room.

Comment

• The new documents include letters from federal investigators from the U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights, the university’s reponses and dozens of pages of emails created in the wake of the 2010 sexual assault allegations.

The emails show that Appling and Payne moved without a hearing, violating the standing protocols of the university. Nothing in the documents explains why an exception was made.

Both players continued to dress in the Spartan uniform and participate in games. This is despite Izzo’s fully being briefed on the allegations and the investigation on Aug. 31, just hours after MSU served a search warrant on the dorm room Appling and Payne shared in Wonders Hall. Payne agreed to go with investigators and gave a videotaped statement to detectives about the alleged assault.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          The new documents include letters from federal investigators from the U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights, the university’s reponses and dozens of pages of emails created in the wake of the 2010 sexual assault allegations.

The emails show that Appling and Payne moved without a hearing, violating the standing protocols of the university. Nothing in the documents explains why an exception was made.

Both players continued to dress in the Spartan uniform and participate in games. This is despite Izzo’s fully being briefed on the allegations and the investigation on Aug. 31, just hours after MSU served a search warrant on the dorm room Appling and Payne shared in Wonders Hall. Payne agreed to go with investigators and gave a videotaped statement to detectives about the alleged assault.
                          bwaaaaah .... couldn't wait to post some anti-MSU shit. Oh wait, this is anti MSU right? Appling/Payne were moved out of the dorm where the accused lived. That's terrible, or is it. I'm confused.

Appling and Payne were not charged with a crime. You know this right?
                          Last edited by Masspartan; February 22, 2018, 10:27 AM.
                          Forever One!

Comment

• I, for one, am all in favor of not baiting Masspartan. He shows up twice a year at max for a drive-by, which is more than enough exposure to those kind of posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              MassSpartan ...... My sense is that posters here have been uniform in their positions that Izzo and Dantonio had then and have now nothing to do with the Nasser crimes.

Most here have voiced the opinion that how MSU dealt with any and all previous allegations of sexual misconduct under Title IX have already been reviewed by appropriate authority. I don't think I need to tell anyone plugged into our discussion in this forum that we're not talking about the NCAA rules here; Title IX is a federal code and alleged violations of them are handled internally by MSU and reviewed/investigated by Federal Authorities.

IMO, the ESPN, OTL piece is irresponsible given that all the issues raised in it had previously been addressed in accordance with Title IX protocols for allegations of sexual misconduct within MSU and reviewed by Federal Authorities. I can only assume review found MSU had acted appropriately in all these cases.

The media, both social and traditional broadcast and press, IMO have tended to conflate the Nasser crimes with already reviewed allegations of sexual misconduct under Title IX. Moreover, I'd ask what is the basis upon which questions of MSU's mishandling of previous allegations are based upon?

I think I know the answer to that question. It's immaterial if aggrieved parties don't think allegations of sexual misconduct were handled correctly. It could be material if aggrieved parties wanted to undertake legal action to demonstrate that they were handled incorrectly. Talking about it to the press or on social media is fine. However, there needs to be other than arm waving and accusations. Counterfactual arguments would be nice.

I also think that MSU's position of not making public certain aspects of the past allegations and subsequent investigations and review is appropriate. That some don't like that and choose to complain about it in public forums and to the press is inappropriate. JMO, YMMV but folks taking issue with the facts before us and drawing conclusions that MSU or employed coaches are dirty, covering shit up or whatever demeaning comments about them and MSU that those folks want to make makes them worthy of being ignored.
                              sage, and with is YMMV?
                              Forever One!

Comment

• Masspartan ...... YMMV means Your Mileage May Vary and implies some may have a different opinion or view of this than I do.

It looks to me like there is an ongoing effort to attempt to expose Izzo in one case involving MSU basketball players citing a pattern of failing to comply with it's own Title IX protocols. I don't know the details and really don't care to know.

YMMV applies here. There are plenty of people who think MSU isn't in compliance with Title IX involving a number of past sexual misconduct allegations. It's not for me to decide if they are or are not in compliance. That's up to the Feds. I do think conflating the Nassar crimes with allegations that MSU isn't treating allegations of sexual misconduct under Title IX is wrong. Very wrong. As well, taking cheap shots via social media and the press at Izzo/MSU over the issues of past sexual misconduct allegations outside of the Nassar crimes is a poor substitute for following process in requesting specific cases be re-opened. As an aside, plenty of folks think that scrutiny of MSU's compliance with Title IX is fair game for social media and the press. I don't share that view but that's just me. It is something fans and MSU's admin has to deal with though.
                                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 22, 2018, 05:12 PM.
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X