X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Campbell, Frank Reich set for interviews for Colts HC job
    Posted by Josh Alper on February 7, 2018, 2:21 PM EST

AP
    The Colts have started lining up candidates for their second wave of interviews for their head coaching vacancy and one of them will be with Saints assistant head coach and tight ends coach Dan Campbell.

There were multiple reports on Wednesday that the Colts requested an interview with Campbell and now there are multiple reports that Campbell will interview with the team on Thursday. Eagles offensive coordinator Frank Reich is scheduled for an interview on Friday.

Campbell’s name has been in the mix for the Vikings offensive coordinator job, but he didn’t have any head coaching interviews when teams were going through that process last month.

Campbell has spent the last two seasons with the Saints after closing out the 2015 season with 12 games as the interim head coach in Miami.

Didn't Dan play briefly for the Lions?
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
      Dan Campbell, Frank Reich set for interviews for Colts HC job
      Posted by Josh Alper on February 7, 2018, 2:21 PM EST

AP
      The Colts have started lining up candidates for their second wave of interviews for their head coaching vacancy and one of them will be with Saints assistant head coach and tight ends coach Dan Campbell.

There were multiple reports on Wednesday that the Colts requested an interview with Campbell and now there are multiple reports that Campbell will interview with the team on Thursday. Eagles offensive coordinator Frank Reich is scheduled for an interview on Friday.

Campbell?s name has been in the mix for the Vikings offensive coordinator job, but he didn?t have any head coaching interviews when teams were going through that process last month.

Campbell has spent the last two seasons with the Saints after closing out the 2015 season with 12 games as the interim head coach in Miami.

Didn't Dan play briefly for the Lions?

Detroit Lions
      On March 14, 2006, Campbell was signed as a free agent by the Detroit Lions. Known mostly as a blocking tight end, he posted career-highs in receiving yards (308), average per reception (14.7 avg), long reception (30 yards), and touchdowns (four) (the most by a Lions tight end since 2001).

On September 22, 2007, he was placed on injured reserve with an elbow injury. On September 9, 2008, he was again placed on injured reserve with a hamstring injury. He was released on February 9, 2009.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• FS,

I answered that question about Campbell quite recently in the Tracking Former Lions thread.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I thought so G. I couldn't remember if it was him or someone else.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Former Lions WR Titus Young denied parole for violent history

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._young_de.html
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• In case anyone on the forum is looking for a new home and have 2.5 million to drop on it, Jim Caldwell's house is for sale:

Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• I have two questions about Kyle Van Noy. He seems to be a bit of an enigma. He can look like a Pro Bowler on one play and like a 3rd-stringer on the next. Sometimes he makes great, instinctive plays against the run, and other times he takes a horrible angle towards the ball carrier and completely whiffs on the tackle or simply gets lost in the traffic. Sometimes he makes nice plays in coverage, as he did on the Eagles second two-point attempt in the Super Bowl, and other times he will completely miss a tackle in space or simply react too slowly to receivers in his zone.

I looked up his Pro Football Focus grade for the season in the hope of finding some clarity, and was surprised to see that PFF rated him as one of the worst LBs in the entire NFL. I don’t think PFF grades are the holy grail of player evaluation, and certainly have some qualms with their methodology, but I think they are an important component of any assessment. First, I am curious to know if you agree with PFF’s assessment of Van Noy as one of the worst linebackers in the league. Second, I would be interested to hear what you think we can expect from Van Noy going forward. Do you think he can eventually put it all together to become a solid linebacker, or will he continue to be plagued by inconsistency? Ben Offen

When it comes to evaluating talent, I have no use for the stat-based football sites that have cropped up in recent years. My own two eyes are enough for me, and you should trust yours, too, Ben. Your description of Van Noy is fairly accurate. Van Noy will be entering his fifth NFL season and third with the Patriots this coming year, meaning I don’t expect to see much, if any, significant growth or increase in his production. What he is now, in all likelihood, is the best he can be: He’s a solid player who’s best suited in a complementary role, not a primary one. Erik Scalavino

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                  In case anyone on the forum is looking for a new home and have 2.5 million to drop on it, Jim Caldwell's house is for sale:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...5_M47777-89646
                  So that's the kind of house you can live in if you pull the wool over the Ford's eyes.

Comment

• Pull the wool over Fords eyes? He’s the best coach Detroit has had in the Super Bowl era.

Comment

• Dolphins owner 'ready to move on' from Suh?
                      CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports "confidants of [Dolphins owner] Stephen Ross" informed him that Ross "was ready to move on" from DT Ndamukong Suh.

Suh is heading into the fourth year of a six-year, $114 million mega-deal and is set to count a whopping $26.1 million against the Dolphins' salary cap. That's almost $9 million more than the next-closest defensive tackle. Suh just turned 31 last month but remains a legitimate game-wrecking force inside. However, the Dolphins need a lot more than Suh before they start competing for Super Bowls. Designating Suh a post-June 1 cut would save Miami $17 million versus the cap.
                      Source: CBS Sports Feb 14 - 1:42 PM

Comment

• Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
                        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                          In case anyone on the forum is looking for a new home and have 2.5 million to drop on it, Jim Caldwell's house is for sale:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...5_M47777-89646
                          Always wondered what peeing in the INSIDE of that house would feel like.
                          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Bears continue purge, dump OLB Willie Young
                            Bears released OLB Willie Young.

The move saves $4.5 million against the cap. Young is entering his age-33 season and appeared in just four games last season before suffering a torn triceps. He racked up 26 sacks the past four seasons in Chicago and still has some pass-rush juice in the tank, but the move was a no-brainer for the retooling Bears. Young should be able to latch on elsewhere as a rotational piece.
                            Feb 28 - 10:12 AM

Comment

• The Cult of Willie Young will soon be clamoring for the Lions to re-sign him!
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You want him back too? J/K

Comment

Working...
                                X