Michigan vs Central Florida - Game Day/Post Game Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    Sounds like Mo Hurst, Lewis, and Braden will be back? That leaves Mone and Taco as the big question marks. If it's close, I say let them sit. 34.5 points sounds about right. 45-17, 44-10, somewhere around there.

Would like to see more plays for the offense this weekend Saturday's game was maybe the lowest possession game that I have ever seen. I would like to see more of O'Korn and even Morris. Need to see the starters stay healthy too.
    So you predicted a closer game, yet spew fuckin bullshit after the game. The fuck outta here shitboy.

Comment

• Alabama right now has 13 carries for 25 yards against Western Kentucky. So much of the running game depends on aggression and physical intensity, and clearly Alabama's come out a bit flat after laying waste to USC. You expect to see Michigan grind down a team like UCF-- you want to see the two- and three-yard carries in the first quarter become six- and seven-yard carries in the second half. But Michigan got a big lead without having to pound away early, and so they never really established that part of the offense.

The numbers don't lie. UCF rushed 46 times for 275, including an 87-yard TD run on a play straight out of the standard spread playbook. Michigan rushed 41 times for 119. There's reason to be critical on both sides of the ball. But I do think the way this game played out early distorted those results a bit.

Comment

• I know I couldn't wait for it to end. It was very anti-climactic after the 1st quarter. Stupid me kept watching to see O'Korn.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• M's very early led M towards a conservative ground-based attack. It wasn't very effective at gaining yardage but was critical to opening up the receivers downfield and possessing the ball to essentially run out the clock after the 1st quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
            So you predicted a closer game, yet spew fuckin bullshit after the game. The fuck outta here shitboy.
            Silly me I didn't predict Central Florida getting a whopping four kicks blocked and also being -2 on turnovers while our starters on defense were going to play literally the entire game.

But don't worry, guys. Everything is totally fine. We're on schedule to beat OSU at least once by 2025. Unfortunately, some unreasonable fans want to win more often than that.

Comment

• Not that I don't have concerns about the team's ability to run the ball, I'm just not going to make a mountain out of a molehill. LB's and safeties made the type of mistakes you expect out of first-year starters. I'm NOT expecting M to be nationally competitive this season but hoping M is.

Comment

Silly me I didn't predict Central Florida getting a whopping four kicks blocked and also being -2 on turnovers while our starters on defense were going to play literally the entire game.

But don't worry, guys. Everything is totally fine. We're on schedule to beat OSU at least once by 2025. Unfortunately, some unreasonable fans want to win more often than that.
                What affect did the blocked kicks have on the game? 47 and 50 yd fgs. Those are misses regardless. You expected UCF to win the TO battle??? You would have had a meltdown over that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
                  Alabama right now has 13 carries for 25 yards against Western Kentucky. So much of the running game depends on aggression and physical intensity, and clearly Alabama's come out a bit flat after laying waste to USC. You expect to see Michigan grind down a team like UCF-- you want to see the two- and three-yard carries in the first quarter become six- and seven-yard carries in the second half. But Michigan got a big lead without having to pound away early, and so they never really established that part of the offense.

The numbers don't lie. UCF rushed 46 times for 275, including an 87-yard TD run on a play straight out of the standard spread playbook. Michigan rushed 41 times for 119. There's reason to be critical on both sides of the ball. But I do think the way this game played out early distorted those results a bit.
                  Please post more. I can't stand this shit.

Comment

• Hitting the over is the best thing to happen!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      What affect did the blocked kicks have on the game? 47 and 50 yd fgs. Those are misses regardless. You expected UCF to win the TO battle??? You would have had a meltdown over that.
                      You're pretty good at geometry if you could see that those kicks weren't going to be good before they even crossed the line of scrimmage (it's not like they were kicked directly into the asses of the offensive linemen).

So yeah, I didn't think that Michigan would benefit from the most lopsided field position battle in history. (apparently the concept of the score being skewed by turnovers and field position is completely above your head). I didn't think that they would need it and that they would make the UCF run defense look like Alabama and play run defense like RichRod.

So your position is that everything's fine. Having a shit running game for yet another year is fine. Defending QB scrambles like Indiana is fine. Being the exact same team that is 2-14 in our last 16 rivalry games is totally fine.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; September 10, 2016, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• This team isn't being coached by RR or Brady Hoke anymore, they aren't trying to turn 6', sub 200 lb high schoolers into linebackers like Brandin Hawthorne.

Comment

• They weren't being coached by RichRod or Hoke last year either when they got they got the absolute living shit kicked out of them on both sides of the ball by MSU and OSU.

But don't worry, guys, we're totally fine! Central Florida's defense is just underrated! MSU won't know what hit 'em!

Comment

You're pretty good at geometry if you could see that those kicks weren't going to be good before they even crossed the line of scrimmage (it's not like they were kicked directly into the asses of the offensive linemen).

So yeah, I didn't think that Michigan would benefit from the most lopsided field position battle in history. (apparently the concept of the score being skewed by turnovers and field position is completely above your head). I didn't think that they would need it and that they would make the UCF run defense look like Alabama and play run defense like RichRod.

So your position is that everything's fine. Having a shit running game for yet another year is fine. Defending QB scrambles like Indiana is fine. Being the exact same team that is 2-14 in our last 16 rivalry games is totally fine.
                            LOL.

No, not everything is fine. But I look at how we improved from Utah til the end of the year last year, with more talent, missing 3 defensive starters and I think everything WILL be fine. Yes.

Comment

• Scott Frost sounded like Hannibal in the post game presser.

Comment

• The only player who improved last year was Rudock. The run blocking was irredeemably shitty all year up until the bowl game and significantly worse than what Hoke left behind. And there has been absolutely no improvement since then. As of today our run blocking is worse than it was in Hoke's last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X