Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rutgers @ Michigan, Saturday, November 7th, 3:30 EST, BTN/Btn2GO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    Did you know that Rutgers is the Birthplace of Football?
    You'd think they'd be good at it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      Did you know that Rutgers is the Birthplace of Football?
      I thought it was Ashbourne, England. :smile:

Seriously, that Shrovetide Football match they have each year is an awesome display of passion, competitiveness, and community.

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

My crystal ball says here Rudock finally completes a deep ball in this one.

Comment

Nope ......

Rudock at 100%, maybe. He's hurt and that is the consensus in these parts.

Moreover the injury to his neck simply aggravates whatever else he has been dealing with (Shoulder?).

If M is going to move the chains, and I think they will, it's going to come on plays where (1) Peppers attracts all the attention or he attracts it anyway and gets a big play and somebody else sneaks though for one or (2) Rudock, somehow looks like Rudock on the TD drives he engineered v. Minny.

Keep in mind, none of the nice throws he made on those TD drives were deep balls, they were just nice throws reminiscent of Iowa Ruduck when he played well for Iowa. He has just mangled every other deep ball he has thrown the worst one to a wide open Peppers if he puts it in front of him and over his inside shoulder that ended up hugely underthrown (off his back foot) and intercepted (overruled by an Defensive PI ...... luckily because that call was questionable.

M's problems in the run game have been the consistent failure of Rudock to simply get one, just one S to back out a little. M is going to continue to look bad in the run game because opponents can play their Ss up having no fear whatsoever that Jake is going to get something over their heads where, if their back there where they are supposed to be playing, the S is going to have to make a play to save a big gain.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 4, 2015, 07:02 PM.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

I'm thinking Speight will play to rest the injured Ruddock. Obviously Jake wasn't 100% going into the Minny game and those bruised ribs/head shot isn't going to help. Its been my personal experience that bruised ribs take more than a week to heal. Yeah they wear body armor and they're tough ol' football players, but twisting your shoulders with bruised ribs hurts like no tomorrow. It took me 2 weeks to get full range of motion back.

Rutgers poses little threat. Let Speight play.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Agree with that last sentence especially, both safeties are cheating up to stop M's run game. That's a HUGE reason why there have been so little 10+ yd rushing plays this season.

Opposing defenses have 1-2 extra defenders to plug gaps and M's backs (QB included) are no threat to get outside (another gap defenses don't have to account for.) M can't stretch the field in any direction and Rudock landing just a couple balls in the vicinity of M's receivers might open up the running game a little. More importantly and the reason for my prediction is the deep ball is wide open IF Rudock can complete it. He just misses, EVERY TIME.

Comment

Anyone poses a threat if Speight plays.

Comment

I'd like to see us run for out of 3-4 wide receiver sets and out of the shotgun. We're not spreading the field vertically so we might as well spread it horizontally. Lots of teams with noodle arm QBs find a way to run the ball with threatening much downfield.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; November 4, 2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Rutgers poses little threat. Let Speight play.

Give it a quarter, maybe. See if you can rest Rudock and see what you have in Speight. Very slim chance he takes the job, but see what you have.

Comment

I never thought he'd take the job, but if there's a game on M's schedule that resting Ruddock wouldn't jeopardize, its the Rutgers game. But perusing the freep and news, the coaches are saying Jake is fine (whatever that means) and they expect him to play Saturday.

M's got 3 tough games ahead (IU, PSU and osu). If Ruddock gets knocked out for the season because he can't turn or run to escape pressure, playing him in a gimme game is going to look pretty foolish.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Agreed, all that matters is beating OSU and finishing strong for recruitment.

Let Speight play as much as possible, if Rudock goes down seriuosly again, it's over.
                        "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                          My crystal ball says here Rudock finally completes a deep ball in this one.
                          I said this last game cause I truly believed it would happen....Ruddock got knocked out of the game. I learned my lesson. Why God?
                          Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

Meh.. Maybe the coaches just want to get him in there for a quarter or so. This won't be much of a game.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

M should cover easily, Rutgers is awful. M should score 35+ and keep them under 14 unless Caroo gets behind Lewis for more than a couple deep balls.

Comment

38-6. Wounded Ruddock throws 2 picks resulting in 2 FGs.

Comment

Working...
                                X