No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will be interesting to see how the PSU administration handles this.

Best thing Curley and the other guy could do right now is resign or, failing that, be placed on administrative leave.

Some might say that's admitting guilt. I'd agree if this situation involved ANYTHING other than covering for a child abuser.

You will lose the PR battle on this every time unless you are very pro-active.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 5, 2011, 02:37 PM.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• They have to step-down or suspend themselves immediately while this is resolved.

Comment

• I think that the fallout will hit Paterno. People are going to want to know what he knew and when he knew it.

This past spring, some people wondered whether this could be yahoo's "10 out of 10" story. This could be really ugly.

Comment

• Paterno hasn't been the HC in at least the last 3 years. He has no clue what's going on.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He did when Jerry Sandusky was on the sidleines.

If I got this right, Sandusky commited the alleged crimes while he was still employed by PSU. Otherwise Curley would not have been inovlved.

yep .... just checked it. He was definately at PSU and I'll bet good money that Paterno knew. He is probably also F'ed as the prosectuor will get to him by compelling testimony from Curley on a plea deal.

On November 4, 2011 the Pennsylvania attorney general indicted Sandusky with 40 charges of sex crimes against young boys, following a three-year investigation into allegations that he had inappropriate contact with a 15-year-old boy over the course of four years, beginning when the boy was ten years old. A grand jury identified eight boys singled out for sexual advances or sexual assaults by Sandusky from 1994 through 2009.

On November 5, 2011 Sandusky was arrested and charged with seven counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse; eight counts of corruption of minors, eight counts of endangering the welfare of a child, seven counts of indecent assault and other offenses.Penn State athletic director Timothy Curley and the school's senior vice president for finance and business were charged with perjury and failure to report suspected child abuse by Sandusky.

Sandusky is currently free on $100,000 bail pending trial. He could face life in prison if convicted of the charges.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I doubt Paterno is involved but let me say that I'm taking some satisfaction from this. Penn State fans have been almost as holier-than-thou over Tressel as Michigan fans. This involves the school AD and head of campus police being charged with perjury, suggesting a broader cover-up may have occurred.

Top school officials actively working to cover up charges of child molestation is far, far more serious than our guys getting money for memorabilia.

Comment

• Top school officials actively working to cover up charges of child molestation is far, far more serious than our guys getting money for memorabilia.
                On this, I agree with you 100%, Strangelove.

We're talking about some serious prison time here, as opposed to forfeiting a couple ball games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Top school officials actively working to cover up charges of child molestation is far, far more serious than our guys getting money for memorabilia.
                  Why do you think Paterno didn't know about Sandusky diddling children? My sense is that if the allegations are accurate, the Prosecuter thinks he has what he needs to take Curley to court for perjury, I don't think its a stretch that (a) Sandusky's misdeeds were known by his supervisors and (b) Paterno had to know as well.

BTW, I completely agree with you. Pay-offs to osu athletes and tressel covering for that pales in comparison to covering for child molesters.

But don't you ever think I'll let you off the hook for that lying sack of shit, jim tressel and his band of cheaters.

Comment

• Pitchers duel in SEC land.

Comment

• Two NFL defenses on display in Tuscaloosa
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• No way Joe P didn't know about this...
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• From what I've read on PSU boards, Paterno knew or heard something about it, told Curley, who may have then covered it up.

If Paterno himself had done something wrong, he probably would've been charged today with the AD, Vice President, Campus Police, etc.

Comment

• But don't you ever think I'll let you off the hook for that lying sack of shit, jim tressel and his band of cheaters.
                            Preach on...

OlieO fans have to live with this from now on.

Comment

• So did Joe pa do the right thing going to his superiors instead of the police? What is the proper protocol?
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I don't now all the facts, but, if you are aware that a crime has been committed and do not report it to law enforcement, you are an accessory to the crime.

This is why I cannot believe that Paterno didn't know if Curley knew. In a public statement, PSU's President said he fully supported Curley and believes he acted properly and procedures for reporting were followed.

Looks to me like more of the same arrogance coming from on high - the academic castle that can do no wrong. Think about this. You are the President of a Fortune 500 Company. You learn that one of your executives has been charged by the Feds with perjury in a case involving child molestation by an individual whom that executive had supervisory responsibility. What do you do. 100 bucks says you fire the executive and any one who is even remotely seen as being involved (Paterno in this case). No questions asked.

100 bucks says both Curley and Paterno have clauses in their contracts that say they can be fired for bringing discredit on the University. They could fight the firing but another 100 says they'd lose. The lack of leadership in Academia in matters like this is just stunning.

Comment

Working...
                                X