Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
    Why isn't Obama on the air every single day? With the bombings in Saudi Arabia, ISIL has shown it has launched a war against Islam itself - death to all but wabby-ism exteremists. BO should be hammering this point home and prying open a door to a religious society very closed in America. Why is it closed? Fear and prejudice. Here's an opportunity to point out Muslims are under attack, its very holiest sites and cities under siege by an enemy common to all mankind. Build some bridges, encourage communication between the community and those fighting terror. Offer the opportunity the be the hero that defends their religion. Drive home the point that we're all in this together. Denounce these attacks on Islam with the same strength as one would if these were attacks on Christianity. Scream that now is the time to come together to defend civilization against those who would kill you because of your belief in God/Allah. Much as Pearl Harbor turned an ambivilent US from its attitude of 'its your problem', use those attacks to say we are all in this together.

Where the hell is Obama?

Dumb ass.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Why isn't Obama on the air every single day? With the bombings in Saudi Arabia, ISIL has shown it has launched a war against Islam itself - death to all but wabby-ism exteremists. BO should be hammering this point home and prying open a door to a religious society very closed in America. Why is it closed? Fear and prejudice. Here's an opportunity to point out Muslims are under attack, its very holiest sites and cities under siege by an enemy common to all mankind. Build some bridges, encourage communication between the community and those fighting terror. Offer the opportunity the be the hero that defends their religion. Drive home the point that we're all in this together. Denounce these attacks on Islam with the same strength as one would if these were attacks on Christianity. Scream that now is the time to come together to defend civilization against those who would kill you because of your belief in God/Allah. Much as Pearl Harbor turned an ambivilent US from its attitude of 'its your problem', use those attacks to say we are all in this together.

Where the hell is Obama?

Dumb ass.
      You're equating Pearl Harbor with a suicide bomb that killed 4 people in Saudi Arabia? That is what should rally the country to fight ISIS? The only people/countries that can reign in ISIS are in the ME. They have to get their own house in order. We can't do it for them. The only thing Sunnis and Shiites hate more than each other is the USA/West. What happened this weekend is Saudi Arabia's own appeasement of the Wahhibi's biting them in the ass.

Comment

• I'm concerned about Muslims here in the US. There's loons out there that need to be brought to the attention of law enforcement. Someone may know something but doesn't come forward. The level of distrust between citizens and their gov't is difficult to overcome. It must be taught that freedom based democracy is more than just do your own thing, its also we share BOTH the benefits and the responsibilities. This is an opportunity to build a bridge and its being squandered, imo.

It will be very telling what House of Saud does in response to the bombings over the weekend. Those actions should define how we deal with Saudi Arabia.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• FBI Director recommending to DOJ not to indict Hillary. Her actions weren't criminal albeit very careless with regard to handling classified material.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

I'm concerned about Muslims here in the US. There's loons out there that need to be brought to the attention of law enforcement. Someone may know something but doesn't come forward.
            Which lens are you viewing this through? That American Muslims need to be protected from the loons? Or that concerned citizens who might believe a Muslim may have become radicalized notifies the authorities? Because there are cases like in Houston this weekend and with the clock boy where someone contacts the police because something seems fishy and it becomes a case of Islamaphobia which in turn discourages others from speaking out. A neighbor of the San Bernadino killers kept to themselves over this concern. As for Obama, I'm pretty sure he's taken a good deal of heat for trying to build bridges with the Islamic community and is very careful not to demonize the religion.
            Last edited by Mike; July 5, 2016, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Which lens are you viewing this through? That American Muslims need to be protected from the loons? Or that concerned citizens who might believe a Muslim may have become radicalized notifies the authorities? Because there are cases like in Houston this weekend and with the clock boy where someone contacts the police because something seems fishy and it becomes a case of Islamaphobia which in turn discourages others from speaking out........
              I'll take door #2. I view the term Islamophobic as falling under the category of a fail at the kind of political correctness I abhor. Frankly, at this point, no one should care about this. The West and now apparently the ME (of recent note, the Saudis) are at war with Islamic radicals. Sure, in terms of the Arabs, it's been sect on sect for Centuries. The violence between these groups holding different sets of beliefs is nothing new. What has become a wide ranging effort to involve the predominantly Christian West and peaceful Muslims IS new at least to the extent we are now experiencing it.

I'll go back to a previous post of mine where I stated one of the best ways to augment law enforcement's mission in seeking out bombers and shooters and keep them from committing crimes is citizen vigilance and reporting. One needs both hands to count the red flags that should have prompted suspicion that a crime/terrorist act was being planned in just about all of the attacks in the last decade. If someone had acted on these, well, ........

I get that there might be a fear of unfairly labeling those doing the reporting especially when authorities or the news media make a case for that (San Bernadino and Houston as you pointed out). IMO, everyone, and I mean everyone, should be way beyond that. Sensitivities be damned.

Heard a piece on NPR last week interviewing the author of an article that appeared in the June Issue of Vanity Fair, "How ISIS Became the Word's Deadliest Tech Start-Up." Among other things, the author talks about a mind-set in the US that is strong on the ethics of free speech and weak on the reality of what dangers that mindset poses. In the current state of warfare that is being conducted by ISIS with it's soldiers being recruited by using every form of social media and the internet, ISIS has changed the landscape of warfare.

He's right and there needs to be some hard thinking on this subject, some tough choices made if America is to prevail in this war.

Here's a link:

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hillary won't face charges over her email practices. However, the FBI report demonstrates she's consistently lied about them

Comment

• That's terrific, so did the majority of her constituency on their welfare applications.

It's the new norm, she'll likely see a boost in polls too.
                  "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I hope nobody seriously thought she'd be charged with anything.

Comment

• I hope nobody seriously thought she'd be charged with anything.
                      I didn't. but I thought they would come up with something other than a lack of intent. Comey said she was "extremely careless" but that does not equate with gross negligence for some reason. And he invoked the "reasonable prosecutor". I've never seen one of those.

For those interested, here is the law: see (f)

And here is the text of Comey's speech:

So much for having Joe Biden run for President.

Comment

• I'd take Biden a 1000x out of a 1000 over our current 'choices'. Hell, I might even take Kasich.

All we have today is dispicably untrustworthy versus contemptably incompetent. Yee haw.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Apparently this has been around a while but I only saw it today

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Apparently this has been around a while but I only saw it today

LOL. That's pretty good.

Comment

• Apt.

I wonder how much Biden is kicking himself that he didn't run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Apparently this has been around a while but I only saw it today

That is great..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X