No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently North Korea is going to be met with fire and fury, and frankly, power. So, sleep well!

Comment

• How old are you, Geezer?
      Old enough to have watched the Detroit Lions win the World Championship in 1957. I'll be dead soon, followed by the death of this forum for lack of diversity of opinion.
      Last edited by Da Geezer; August 9, 2017, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Yup, you're the glue!

Comment

• Da Geezer was encouraging CGVT to leave the country a few posts up, but now he is complaining about diversity of opinion. Its like rain on your wedding day, a free ride when you've already paid.

Comment

• I am more skeptical every day of the notion that the private sector can do some jobs of government more efficiently than government itself. We now have a few decades of experience to test the theory, and it's not looking good in quite a few areas. One thing I WASN'T skeptical of is the notion that the private sector can hire better lawyers. I'd always taken for granted that when it came to lawyers, and accountants, the government will always be outmanned. Until now. The guy who embodies the "run it like a business" approach to government cannot hire a better legal team than his own DOJ, apparently. In part it may be because good lawyers don't want to work for the guy, but I don't know how much of a big part that is. In part, and I know this to be true across many areas, the government is a choice destination for many smart people for at least a part of their careers. There is at least SOME upside to the revolving door.
            Last edited by hack; August 10, 2017, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• Just over half of Republicans polled say they would support Trump if he decided to 'postpone" the 2020 Election. 68% say millions of illegal votes were 'definitely' cast in 2016

Comment

• Da Geezer was encouraging CGVT to leave the country a few posts up, but now he is complaining about diversity of opinion. Its like rain on your wedding day, a free ride when you've already paid.
                CGVT is one of the prog horde. Geezer is pretty much the only Trumpkin. Maybe crash, if you want to count him.

But thanks for the misguided post of an awful song.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If Trump is the class representative for private industry, then we should go full Venzelcubano post haste.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    CGVT is one of the prog horde. Geezer is pretty much the only Trumpkin. Maybe crash, if you want to count him.

But thanks for the misguided post of an awful song.
                    Not misguided at all, the topic of Chicago was introduced by Rocky Bleier. He's a big supporter of Trump and Rothschild posts. Hannibal is a big Trump supporter. I believe WingsFan is or was at one time. Diversity as long as it's his diversity, if it's someone else move to Canada!

Comment

• But I am fascinated by that Alanis Morrisette song, that's her biggest hit, she wrote it very quickly and is embarrassed by the lyrics 20 years later. It paid a lot of bills.

Comment

• Yeah, Hanni, Rocky and WF are regulars here. C'mon. And leaving the country for a better country isn't leaving this forum. But, whatever. I'm sure Geezer doesn't give two licks about awful sass so I haven't a clue why I should.

Comment

• she wrote it very quickly and is embarrassed by the lyrics 20 years later.
                          She should be. But, then again, I'd walk around downtown Columbus in M gear for $20M and nothing is more embarrassing and soul-enervating than that. Certainly not some dumbass lyrics. So, umm, stupid lyrics for millions? Where the fuck do I sign up?

Comment

• I thought this was really interesting (From CNN in 1999) about how close the US came to obliterating NK's reactor and potentially starting a war: http://www.cnn.com/US/9910/04/korea.brink/

The follow-on is, of course, that after Carter's free-lancing to "save the day", the US did enter a treaty with NK, provided NK roughly $5B in goods and services and NK developed their bomb by 2002 or so.

That's not to say there were any particularly good options to deal with NK or that anything short of aggression would have stopped them. But it is, of course, instructive on the value of "talks." IMO, it's not only instructive but predictive of Iran. Again, I rather doubt we have any inclination to use aggression in that situation, but the idea that their program is done is laughable.
                            Last edited by iam416; August 10, 2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• Don't bullshit us. You'd walk around Columbus in M gear for a sixer of Natty Lite and a pack of Luckies, ya degenerate.

Comment

• I don't smoke, so make it a case. But, yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X