No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The guy who actually delivered the dismissal letter to Comey was Trump's personal security goon. Not a secret service agent or any employee of the govt.

EDIT: Sorry, delivered to his office. Comey was in LA at the time he was fired
    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; May 9, 2017, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• WTF would Trump feel it necessary to put into a termination letter that he was 'exonerated' three separate times by Comey?

Comment

• That a serious question?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
          That a serious question?
          Heh heh, rhetorical, sir, simply rhetorical

Richard Burr (R-NC), head of the Senate Intel Committee, who isn't running again, put out a statement in support of Comey and that he was 'very troubled' by this firing.

So a Republican who has no reelection in mind isn't taking the Pro-Trump party line. So good for him.

Comment

• Fox News saying Comey resigned. Even though the letter said he's terminated effective immediately. I'm so confused, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE!

Comment

• BTW, even Fox reporting that Comey learned he was fired from tv. White House (apparently) didn't know he was in LA.

Both Napolitano and Karl Rove (!) thought that was kinda shitty.

Comment

• So my question a few days ago had a few good responses. My question assumes of course demand wouldn't change and rationing would not be politically viable.

Anyways... new question. Moving to a single payer in 4-5 yrs, does the end result create more/faster consolidation of health systems? Assuming in this case costs are controlled via what is paid (in other words I'm just going to cut reimbursement 10%... so deal with it), does that drive efficiency to levels not obtainable by small community hospitals? Does the us end up with say 50 health systems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Better question...who cut your hair bro?
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wow. This is from Justin Amash, one of the most prominent Freedom Caucus members. He might even represent Geezer. Let's see if Geezer agrees with him:

[ame]https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/862089192603607041[/ame]

Comment

• Comey was allegedly tstifying tomorrow in a closed door session.

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

The way to fire someone like this is a discussion over multiple weeks about Comey not have the American public confidence nor the confidence of the international community. Leak it over and over. Make it a story. Then.. after it becomes accepted by many, fire him.

Instead Trump pulled a Trump. He left no doubt he's not interested in being questioned.

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          The way to fire someone like this is a discussion over multiple weeks about Comey not have the American public confidence nor the confidence of the international community. Leak it over and over. Make it a story. Then.. after it becomes accepted by many, fire him.

Instead Trump pulled a Trump. He left no doubt he's not interested in being questioned.

Correct, you certainly don't give that cockamame excuse. Comey made mistakes, but I heard nobody calling for him to be fired. There is a hell of a lot more than smoke.

Comment

• Grand jury subpoenas issued for Trump Russia

Federal prosecutors have issued grand jury subpoenas to associates of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn seeking business records, as part of the ongoing probe of Russian meddling in last year's election, according to people familiar with the matter.

I'm sure the Comey firing had to do with Hillary emails in July.

Comment

• But clapper said!!!!!!!

Comment

• Amash isn't my representative, dammit. My daughter is a personal friend of his and worked on his campaigns. I know Amash tried unsuccessfully to stop the NSA metadata collection (failed by just a few votes). I also know that the rep from his district is usually a rock-ribbed republican, so, when Amash got to DC they gave him plum committee assignments. When they saw how independent he is, they took away the assignments. Amash always writes his reasoning on every vote he makes, and I'd suspect he will post something on this independent council matter. He is an absolutely straight shooter, and is much less popular among Republicans than Democrats. All I've ever seen with an independent prosecutor, and I've seen a few, is a group of people who are unwilling to say "nope, there is nothing to see here." IPs think they have to "get" someone in order to justify the expense of the investigation. BTW, I said the same thing when Rs were seeking and IP for Hillary's violations of the Espionage act.

I'm proud of you guys for not peeing all over yourself when this news broke. Here are the 3 letters involved in the dismissal. Pages 4-6 are from Rod Rosenstein, and comprise the case against Comey.

What I learned tonight was that Laura Lynch would not allow the FBI to empanel a grand jury on the Clinton investigation. That means there were no warrants available to the FBI, or subpoenas. The truth is that the whole Clinton matter was an inquiry, with none of the normal investigative tools available to the FBI. So when Hillary bitched about calling it an investigation, she was right. It wasn't.

Rove tonight told some stories about Comey, and called him a "hot dog". His thesis was that Comey loved the limelight, and the July 5 news conference, the October 27 letter "reopening" the Clinton matter, and the November 2 "nothing here" letter were all examples of him engaging in egotistic behavior.
                                Last edited by Da Geezer; May 9, 2017, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X