osu @ M - Game Day, In Game, Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    But the good thing is that things are going to get better.
    When? Do we have to wait until year 6 like we did with Beilien? Do we have to wait until year 9 until a "no excuses" year the way that we have had to wait with Beilien? Give me a number and stick to it, and let there be some fucking accountability for a change.

Comment

• Personally I think Ohio State should be arrested and charged with rape. That was felony what they did. Fucking sodomized the shit out of an entire program in front of the entire country. How the hell have they not been charged yet?
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• There was no evidence of a struggle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          There was no evidence of a struggle.
          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• You want to hold me accountable? Pay me a quarter of Harbaugh's salary and I'm fine with that.

Comment

• I like where this program is headed, but this game shows allot of progress is needed to play with the elite. No, i don't consider sparty elite.

Comment

• It's never as bad as it looks when it's bad, just like it's never as good as it looks when it's good.

Comment

• You need to up your standards obviously. It's the worst when it's bad and it's not good at all when it's good.

Comment

• Hannibal's version: it's not as good as last year, but definitely better than next year.

Comment

• You should probably let Hannibal say his peace and forget about it. The 24 hour rule should apply.

Comment

• Good point. I did think we'd just crossed over into dark humor at this point, and I need a laugh after that, but if it's too soon then fair enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          You want to hold me accountable? Pay me a quarter of Harbaugh's salary and I'm fine with that.
                          So you're not giving me a number. You insist that I'm a pessimistic curmudgeon but when I challenge your assertion that success is ahead you refuse to give me a schedule that defines what success is. How many years before we beat Ohio State? Two? Five? Ten? How many losses in a row are acceptable? What about MSU? Is losing at MSU next year acceptable? Is it okay for Harbaugh to start off 0-4 against our rivals? What about 0-6? 0-8? Remember how Beilien didn't beat MSU until year 4 and everyone was totally fine with it because expecting our sports teams to win is totally unreasonable? Will the same thing happenin football? Can Harbaugh fail to make the football CCG until Year 7 the way that Beilien failed to make the basketball CCG until year 7? Give me expectations. Numbers. And then stick with those numbers and don't move the goalposts forward. I'm sick of today's "pessimism" becoming tomorrow's "good".
                          Last edited by Hannibal; November 28, 2015, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                            I like where this program is headed, but this game shows allot of progress is needed to play with the elite. No, i don't consider sparty elite.
                            2010 11-2 (Lost to Alabama in Capital One Bowl)
                            2011 11-3 (Beat Georgia in Outback Bowl)
                            2012 7-6 (Beat TCU in BW3 Bowl)
                            2013 13-1 (Beat Stanford in Rose Bowl)
                            2014 11-2 (Beat Baylor in Cotton Bowl)
                            2015 11-1

Just off the top of my head, but Alabama and OSU might be the only two teams with a better record over that span

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              So you're not giving me a number. You insist that I'm a pessimistic curmudgeon but when I challenge your assertion that success is ahead you refuse to give me a schedule that defines what success is. How many years before we beat Ohio State? Two? Five? Ten? How many losses in a row are acceptable? What about MSU? Is losing at MSU next year acceptable? Is it okay for Harbaugh to start off 0-4 against our rivals? What about 0-6? 0-8? Remember how Beilien didn't beat MSU until year 4 and everyone was totally fine with it because expecting our sports teams to win is totally unreasonable? Will the same thing happenin football? Can Harbaugh fail to make the football CCG until Year 7 the way that Beilien failed to make the basketball CCG until year 7? Give me expectations. Numbers.

I'm sick of today's "pessimism" becoming tomorrow's "good".
                              well to give you an answer, we might never be good again --- and despite whatever your standards are for M football, you may jut have to come to grips with that.

Reality is we are playing catch up to Sparty and Ohio, and they have damn good coaches and a solid recruiting foothold.

I really don't think there is a better coach out that WE COULD ACTUALLY GET than Harbaugh, so all of your lamenting isn't worth shit.

Does that mean that Harbaugh can fix what ails our program? No. It is may be that the only thing that fixes it is a catastrophe which befalls our competition. This almost happened to Ohio, but they escaped major damage and then got Urbz to boot. Them's the breaks.

I see your complaining and criticism ... it's all fine and maybe warranted ... but what's the solution? I think if there was one, Harbaugh would have already implemented it.

Comment

• but what's the solution? I think if there was one, Harbaugh would have already implemented it.
                                Agree with this. There's not much else that he can legally (read: by the rules) do, to make the program better in this short of a time. The ink is barely dry on his contract, and he inherited a 5-7 mess that probably over-achieved at that.

He could become involved in shady recruiting practices for a quicker fix, but do we really want to see the program go in that direction for the sake of a few wins?
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X