Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Iowa thing ever (deep breath):

Iowa politician who introduced a bill to limit the number of democrats hired to faculty positions has listed a business degree from Forbco Mgmt School - which is actually Sizzler U:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The world really and truly belongs to The Onion. And cockroaches.

Comment

• It was back a ways so he doesn't remember if if was a real college or if he got a degree

Ha!

In a telephone interview last week, Chelgren was vague about Forbco. He said it was located outside of Los Angeles and that he got his business degree "around '88 or '89. It's going back a ways so I don't remember.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          The world really and truly belongs to The Onion. And cockroaches.

Yeah, The Onion isn't outageous enough anymore.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I was hiring for a materials manager position once and one guy who applied had listed "Hamburger University" as one of his degrees.

His resume was also color-coded. Education was in blue, experience in green, header in maroon. Etc. His cover letter was just as awsome.

Quite the character. Wish I had interviewed him. Of course he struck me as the type who would shoot up the place if fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              It was back a ways so he doesn't remember if if was a real college or if he got a degree

Ha!
              Well I myself had to double-check today my year of graduation. I guess me and him both had a good time back then? Or we're just old.

Comment

• Good news! - we no longer have to debate whether millenials are stupid or not (they are), and, talent is gonna be increasingly aggravated on a day-to-day basis.

Millennials Flocking to Downtown Columbus, Ohio

Comment

Well I myself had to double-check today my year of graduation. I guess me and him both had a good time back then? Or we're just old.
                  Double check year of graduation? Ok, that is legit.

Not knowing if you went to a real university or not? Not so much.

A few years ago before I retired from the Coast Guard it was my job as Command Master Chief to sit in when the Base Commander questioned an Office in Charge of a Coast Guard Station that had gotten a ticket for public intoxication. This type of charge is usually a career killer and the Boss wanted to get the whole story before passing judgment.

The guy claimed that he had just fixed his motorcycle and was taking it for a test run when he decided to stop at the local bar and have a drink. He claimed to have one or two beers, he didn't remember which and then was on his way home when his bike broke down. He was looking at it when a Cop pulled up and gave him the ticket. He didn't know why the Cop was such a prick, etc etc.

After the guy left the office the Commander asked me what I thought. I told him the guy was lying. He asked me how I knew. I told him that I had spent a good part of my adult life sitting on a bar stool in one part of the country or another and I always knew whether I had one or two beers. It was when the question was, "Did you have six or eight?" that things got fuzzy...

Turned out the guy had gotten pulled over on his motorcycle, was drunk, and the Cop was cutting him a break by not writing him up for DUI.

The moral of the way too long story is:

Some lies are believable. Some are not.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Jeff Sessions swore under oath that he had no contact with the Russian govt during the campaign. Now revealed that he spoke twice with the Russian Ambassador. Sessions says he didn't think those conversations were relevant.

Comment

• Sessions blatantly lied during his confirmation hearings. Do Republicans care? Probably not

Comment

• Sessions is attempting to claim he spoke with the Russian Ambassador as a member of the House Armed Services Committee and not as a Trump campaign surrogate, so he therefore answered honestly. The Wash Po asked all 26 members of the Armed Services Committee if they had talks with the Russian Ambassador. 20 responded. Every single one said: NO.
                        Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 1, 2017, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Just joking, CGVT.

Comment

• The Russia stuff is astonishing. They've cut Flynn loose and it's just about the only thing they've backtracked on without a judge forcing them to do it. Who the heck knows but there seems to be some real meat on this bone.

Meantime, Trump is still violating the law with the Old Post Office lease. I hope that doesn't sit around unchallenged. I don't care if Russia takes down him, Pence or half the cabinet -- rules are rules. That one's open/shut.

Comment

Just joking, CGVT.
                              I figured that, but it gave me a chance to tell a story. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Sessions blatantly lied during his confirmation hearings. Do Republicans care? Probably not
                                So did Pruitt, and they don't care about that.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X