This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that was a nice pick.

He could be one of those guys that Gene Keady always used to get, like Steve Scheffler.

I'd like to see him set a few of those on Craft for Tattoo U.

Comment

Somewhat of a Bielfeldt update:
      There is a guard transferring from Bradley to Illinois so it looks like they are giving up the scholarship they had offered to Max. He could still go there as a preferred walk-on, if that's his dream school but I have to think this puts us in the lead, if we weren't already there.

Comment

I've seen stranger things happen. To me as a parent, its a no-brainer. Free education for the kid, or pay for it?

I'd like to have him.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Maybe he could go to OhNo where he could get paid and not get an education.

Comment

Well, there is that ...

Comment

I didn't see him shoot much except layups. Not even sure that the jump shot on the fade-out went in. Would be nice to have a big body though.

I wonder where that Pittsnagel kid is now? There was a big man that could shoot!

Comment

I'm kind of curious to see if any recruits that had committed to schools that have let their coach go (Oklahoma, Arkansas, NC State & maybe Tennessee) are going to look elsewhere. Arkansas has 3 players in ESPN's top 60, including a 6'10" PF at #57. That guy's name is Hunter Mickelson. NC State has a 7 foot center at #83 named Joseph Uchebo.

Is there any chance of making a late push with these guys? Getting Bielfeldt would still probably be a good addition but these guys might have more impact.

Comment

I'm kind of curious to see if any recruits that had committed to schools that have let their coach go (Oklahoma, Arkansas, NC State & maybe Tennessee) are going to look elsewhere. Arkansas has 3 players in ESPN's top 60, including a 6'10" PF at #57. That guy's name is Hunter Mickelson. NC State has a 7 foot center at #83 named Joseph Uchebo.

Is there any chance of making a late push with these guys? Getting Bielfeldt would still probably be a good addition but these guys might have more impact.

Comment

Lots of '11 commits have LOI's signed, can they get out of them when coaches are let go?

Comment

Almost positive

Comment

Max Bielfeldt will make his announcement Friday after school. Choosing between IL and Mich
                        about 2 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry?
                        Retweeted by 1 person

AaronB_WCIA
                        Aaron Bennett

Bielfeldt led Notre Dame to a 28-1 record, was named to the Class 3A All-State First Team and averaged 23 points, 11 rebounds and five blocks per game.
                        WCIA’s Aaron Bennett is reporting on Twitter that Peoria (IL) Notre Dame big man Max Bielfeldt will announce his college choice this Friday after school. Bielfeldt has narrowed his list of college choices to Illinois and Michigan and has officially visited both schools. Bielfeldt led Notre Dame to a 28-1 record, was named to the […]
                        Last edited by *JD*; March 23, 2011, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Seems to be some mixed feelings on this one. Illinois sounds like they're gonna have a schollie now. If Michigan overcomes that, pretty impressive.

Comment

BTW, Trey Burke wins Ohio's Mr. Basketball.

Comment

Bielfeldt will have to overcome his granddaddy's influence. It seems that grandpappy is a major contributor to the University of Illinois. That's probably why Illinois magically found a scholly for him.

It'd be kind of neat to get the three of them. Bielfeldt, Brundidge and Burke. The "killer bees" ...

Comment

Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                                BTW, Trey Burke wins Ohio's Mr. Basketball.
                                Thats awesome
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X