DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > University of Michigan

Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #23641
Wild Hoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam416 View Post
You're not actually saying that getting rid of Bannon is a bad thing?
You wouldn't think...but that interview he did the other day made him sound like one of the rational voices in Trump's orbit. If you believe him.
Wild Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM   #23642
WingsFan

Trump tires easily of people, he likes change. People (besides family) gets fired after 6 months, look at his campaign managers. Hired gun Kellyanne will be next.

Whatever doesn't kill Trump makes him stronger.
WingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM   #23643
froot loops

The timing of the Bannon dismissal is puzzling as this was his proudest week. There were reports by Bob Costa and Maggie Haberman was that he was on thin ice, but this week Trump went the full Bannon.

Maybe the Kutcher interview did him in, but nothing makes logical sense so who knows.
froot loops is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM   #23644
crashcourse

the 12 member terrorist cell in Barcelona had a bomb factory that blew up on them

their plan was to rent a semi fill it with explosives--run over a bunch of tourists until caught then detonate timothy McVeigh style

or you could believe like CNN initially did and blame it on a charlottesville copycat vehicle attack
crashcourse is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM   #23645
hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcourse View Post
the 12 member terrorist cell in Barcelona had a bomb factory that blew up on them

their plan was to rent a semi fill it with explosives--run over a bunch of tourists until caught then detonate timothy McVeigh style

or you could believe like CNN initially did and blame it on a charlottesville copycat vehicle attack
copycat attack? Driving vehicles into people is an ISIS idea! How bad does it look for the superior race that they are now copying the ideas of brown people? And, matters worse, they are only copying the low-tech/easy-to-replicate ideas. If you go by capacity, you people have a long way to go before you can manage a complex and coordinated aerial attack like Al Qaeda can.

Maybe work your way up to that. Start by explaining that gibberish from before. Baby steps.
hack is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 04:10 PM   #23646
WingsFan

To be fair I think it was only the Wolf Blitzer who called it a possible copycat of Charlottesville.
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM   #23647
WingsFan

ah ha ha! When Keith Olberman calls out the racist Huff Post its hilarious!!

Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM   #23648
Ghengis Jon

Looks like President Kelly isn't putting up with anyone's smack.
Ghengis Jon is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM   #23649
AlabamAlum

Wingsfan,

I dig art and history. Statues combine both. In my travels I have made it a point to seek them out. The vatican, the louvre and countless other museums, town squares and parks. We can tear them down and kick them as I saw on a recent video. Seems a shame.
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM   #23650
AlabamAlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
Oh well in that case.
You want them down. That is your opinion. I disagree with it. That is my opinion. You have mastered passive aggressiveness, though. Kudos.
Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM   #23651
Da Geezer

Quote:
copycat attack? Driving vehicles into people is an ISIS idea! How bad does it look for the superior race that they are now copying the ideas of brown people? And, matters worse, they are only copying the low-tech/easy-to-replicate ideas. If you go by capacity, you people have a long way to go before you can manage a complex and coordinated aerial attack like Al Qaeda can.

Maybe work your way up to that. Start by explaining that gibberish from before. Baby steps.
Hack, before you start calling people racist or white-supremacist ("...you people have..."), you might do yourself a favor and watch the Blitzer segment. Wolf was implying that the Barcelona terrorists were copying the attack by the Trumpista Nazis. Wolf's logic: Then Trump contributed to the terriorists' attack. While you may view this as a "fact" within your rather odd use of that word, there are some who don't see Trump as a contributor to what happened in Spain. That doesn't make us racist, homophobic, Nazi, or anything else. It just means we disagree and you can do away with the name calling, particularly calling out crash when he has made it perfectly clear that he doesn't in any way condone what those alt-right nuts in Charlottesville said or did.

You have no idea what you, yourself, think (using that term in its broadest sense), so I doubt you know what crash thinks.
Da Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM   #23652
WingsFan

Hack had it backwards, CNN Blitzer was saying ISIS was coping the White Supremacist/Nazi Charlottesville killing.

This was another political opportunity for Wolf (CNN). They have somehow led the sheep to blame Charlottesville on Trump. So copycat Charlottesville and guess what ? Barcelona is Trumps fault too.
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM   #23653
froot loops

The Barcelona attack was premeditated, it's almost certainly a spontaneous attack in Charlottesville. The guy was supposed to be participating in Uniting the Right, but the rally to unite the right was cancelled. He certainly didn't plan on being there at that time.

The Barcelona attackers planned on having a bigger van but we're stopped from being able to rent it because the terrorist didn't have a proper license. They planned on using that as an explosive van. What that guy did was at least plan C.

These things are hard to stop and they will be more prevalent as the high concept terrorist attacks are much harder to pull off.

Last edited by froot loops; Yesterday at 09:27 PM.
froot loops is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM   #23654
Dr. Strangelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamAlum View Post
Wingsfan,

I dig art and history. Statues combine both. In my travels I have made it a point to seek them out. The vatican, the louvre and countless other museums, town squares and parks. We can tear them down and kick them as I saw on a recent video. Seems a shame.
Well I explained a more nuanced take later. Some of them have artistic value; a lot of them don't. Some of them have historical value; a lot of them don't. I don't really favor any of them being in a public park or in front of a courthouse because the intent is clearly to venerate. Notice I don't think they should be destroyed but moved to a setting that's more of an educational experience like a national park/battlefield or museum. The crappier ones, like the one in Durham, can be sold to private collectors.

Far more of the statues were put up in the post-Plessy Jim Crow era than in the 30 years immediately following the war.
Dr. Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM   #23655
WingsFan

That's probably the best idea. I have no southern heritage, but I do have family who fought the Nazis. Including my Father (and my Uncle) who was 18 years old at the time (he had me later in life). As much as my Dad hated the Nazis he always said they had the best uniforms.

A lot of people admire the Germans uniforms of WWII In fact the Nazi official uniforms were designed by the now famous Hugo Boss and historians tend to agree they look Fabulous. >>>> In a museum, not in public.
Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM   #23656
CGVT

Here's a cut and paste for you.

Check out the first letter of every paragraph. Ha!

Just so Geezer is not confused, a paragraph is a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arts.jpg (148.4 KB, 4 views)