Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's really hard to recruit against Kentucky, Duke, NC, etc; you lose those battles pretty much every time. There is a slim chance he visits AA and falls in love but for a one-and-done, I pretty much agree with Oracle.

Comment

• Oregon are always above us in the Canadian races too

Comment

• Kids can and do go elsewhere. McGary. Michigan was in it with both Battle and Langford, and seems like Beilein ducked it up.

Comment

• seems like Beilein ducked it up
          I have no idea what this means. (-;

Comment

• It's when you serve duck a l'orange to a recruit on an OV and he ends up at Syracuse.

Comment

• -
              POSITION

NATIONAL

-
              STATE
              Michigan has made the top five for the nation's top class of 2018 basketball prospect.

R.J. Barrett of Montverde (Fla.) Academy by way of Canada has included the Wolverines on his short list.

It's been reported previously, however, that Michigan is slated to get an official visit this fall.

Barrett made a huge decision this summer by announcing his plans to reclassify into the 2018 class. The former top-ranked prospect in the 2019 class was coming off of a dominant 37-point showing against the United States at the FIBA under-19 World Cup.

"Where Barrett will land remains up for debate, but Oregon should be involved until the end," Rivals.com reported.

Oregon has been a popular landing spot over the years for Canadian players.

SlamOnline.com wrote recently that Barrett is reminiscent of two NBA standouts.

On the court, R.J. has an offensive game reminiscent of James Harden when on the perimeter and of Dwyane Wade when finishing at the rim. Roy Rana, head coach of Team Canada’s U-19 squad, saw R.J.’s coming-of-age performance up close. R.J. averaged 21.6 points, 8.3 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.7 steals in the tournament last month. After his dominant performance against Team USA, R.J. followed it up with 18 points and 12 rebounds in a championship win over Team Italy. He was named the tournament’s Most Valuable Player.

“The way he puts together games, it’s unique for a guy who still has incredible room for growth,” Rana told the media at Toronto’s Crown League in July. “What we haven’t had is someone take us to the finish line, and R.J. was able to do that. That’s what really separates him.”

He also blogged for USA Today:

"On my recruitment, I will say that the schools that are showing the most interest are Arizona, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Oregon, Texas and UCLA. A few more have reached out and those schools are Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State, USC, UConn and UNLV.

"Not too much will change with my approach to the recruitment; we’ll just do the visits a little sooner than we probably would have if I stayed in 2019."

Michigan might be a long shot to land him, but the Wolverines are in his top five ... that alone is a feat.

Comment

• Good stuff.

Comment

• Were due for one, but not holding my breath here.

Comment

• Well, get him on campus and all that, but it's good to keep our name in lights either way

Comment

• We need to get RJ to come to a football game and hang with our Zach Galifianakis-doppelganger. Never fails to seal the deal!

Comment

• LOL. Good memory.

Comment

• WTF are you doing here? Your type needs to stay in the all-access areas.

Comment

• Iggy taking his 1st official visit this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                              Iggy taking his 1st official visit this weekend.
                              While here, we should show him our school of dermatology.

God, I don't miss being a teenager.

Comment

• LOW BLOW!

Comment

Working...
                                X