Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credibility is of no concern on this thread, so why not.

Anywho, I could fairly easily pluck gads of quotes about M's great hoops team and how much better they were than OSU. In the end, they finished behind OSU, as per usual, ranked behind OSU, as per usual and no team won more B10 games than Ohio State.

However, I've rather enjoyed the season long hoops discussion with you and Oracle. Things happen; perceptions change.

And, of course, I think ISU gets the Bucks tomorrow. Bah.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Credibility is of no concern on this thread, so why not.

Anywho, I could fairly easily pluck gads of quotes about M's great hoops team and how much better they were than OSU. In the end, they finished behind OSU, as per usual, ranked behind OSU, as per usual and no team won more B10 games than Ohio State.

However, I've rather enjoyed the season long hoops discussion with you and Oracle. Things happen; perceptions change.

And, of course, I think ISU gets the Bucks tomorrow. Bah.
      I've enjoyed it too. Good exchanges...

Comment

• 4th straight Sweet 16 for Coach Matta. Keeping some perspective, they nearly won the B10 regular season, won the B10 tourney, won more B10 games than any other B10 team and are now in the S16. That's a great season for this team.

Looking at things narrowly, it will be disappointing if they don't get to the FF with the way the West has shaken out.

Comment

• FUCK. YOU.

Comment

• Heh. That could have been YOU. Of course, ISU is better than VCU, but M would have run them, I think.

Then again, ISU was 12 of 25 on 3s. They certainly were shooting above average. That was my fear -- and if you told me they'd go 12/25, I wouldn't have bothered watching.

Comment

• Us in that #2 seed out west, you mean? I'm sick over that. Was pretty obviously the spot.

Comment

• Yes. That was the draw. Especially because UNM was almost guaranteed to be the 3.

Comment

• I still don't know why ISU didn't foul Craft before he shot the ball. Put him on the line. He'd been struggling from there all day long. Even if he makes all his shots, ISU gets a chance for the last shot with more time than .05 on the clock.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• That makes no sense. Craft is a 29% 3P shooter. ISU will live with that shot all day long.

Comment

4th straight Sweet 16 for Coach Matta. Keeping some perspective, they nearly won the B10 regular season, won the B10 tourney, won more B10 games than any other B10 team and are now in the S16. That's a great season for this team.

Looking at things narrowly, it will be disappointing if they don't get to the FF with the way the West has shaken out.
                      I would call you guilty of the preening you have been accusing M fans of. I join with hack in his appropriate sentiments. FUCK YOU.

I would jut add ........ and osu.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Only team to go to Sweet 16 each of the past 4 seasons. Flagship problems.

Comment

• Thanks for not using a hash tag there.

Comment

• Heh.

Comment

Only team to go to Sweet 16 each of the past 4 seasons. Flagship problems.

Actually that would be Sparty & Izzo, 5th time in 6 years and 11 Sweet 16 appearances over the last 16 years but do carry on.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• FUCK YOU. All I know is that if the concept of karma does exist, or if what goes around really and truly does comes around, Ohio State's major athletic programs at some point in the near future are going to be absolutely crushed beyond recognition. But more likely at this point I'm minded to run with ``Nice Guys Finish Last'' as the real takeaway here. Time for Michigan to adjust, which of course they won't.

Agreed that you don't want to foul Craft in that case, but the defender needed to get up closer and ruin that. By the time there was 5 or so seconds left it was obvious what Craft was going to do, cause everyone knows that a for a fast and smooth player like Trey Burke you need to start that penetration by then at the very least. For a guy like Craft, who has a bit of an ability off the dribble in those situations but it's a slower process, you know with 5 seconds left he's probably not doing to try it. He almost looked like he was going to dribble out the clock and play for overtime. Not kidding that in the space of those five seconds the name Lloyd Carr popped into my head. Anyhow, that's why you talk on defense. I don't know if anyone on ISU was, but at that point somebody needed to shout at the defender ``he's gonna shoot a 3!!!''. 29% or not that is not a player I want getting a clean look at the basket.
                                Last edited by hack; March 25, 2013, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X