Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will all you assholes just believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No real run threat means no long playoff run.

Simple really.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• They'll have a longer playoff run if they get in than they will if they don't.

That, is a fact.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You can have a run threat all you want and get booted out quickly. We never got very far with one of the best running backs of all-time.

You need a really good defense and a QB that isn't prone to turnovers.
        3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
        10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• There's no ONE thing you need (nope, not even an "elite" QB). But the more things you have, the better your chances.

Comment

• Come cold weather playoff games, you better have a threat of a run game or the other good playoff team will one dimension you back into the realm of the unknown and drop you back on the couch.

I don't care if that means the Lions use the 4 minute offense as the one time in the game they run it well to close out. It has to be a viable option or it will be curtains for them.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5z-jjWyAJQ"]Brooks & Dunn - Believe - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• The only logical explanation is:
                I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• GO BUCS
                  "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                  Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    I'm still an asshole, and I'm not sure that I believe, but damn, it is nice to be looking forward to late season games for a change.
                    Best thing is, they can show they are playoff ready in the next two games. No saving yourself because you are already in.

Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                    No fucking question about it. I mean this is what -- like literally the second time in 15 years or something that the Lions are this deep into the year and still playing meaningful games?

I'm not going to lie. It feels good, and its been fun. I'm going to ride it as long as I can.
                    .....and being in before you play game 15?

Very rare.

Let's hope they do not tank the last two because they are too busy patting themselves on the back.

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    I believe the Lions are playoff bound.

I believe that if the stars align just right, they could have a very long run.

I believe they have a puncher's chance against anyone they'd wind up playing against.

I believe that they still have a lot to prove.
                    All they have to prove is they can win games.

They have done that and are in.

Now they have to win while they are in.

Getting there is not enough.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                      No real run threat means no long playoff run.

Simple really.
                      No, D wins championships.

With that said. They have shown they have a run threat and have won many games when there was no run threat.

I am guessing if they get on a roll, all aspects of the game will improve as the players will be looking to contribute to the cause.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• No.

The long standing, proven formula is run D and run O, makes for long cold weather runs.

Comment

• If you win these two games there is no need to worry about cold weather runs.

Comment

• They haven't made too many believers today.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              If you win these two games there is no need to worry about cold weather runs.
                              Agreed. But what leads you believe that they can do that?
                              Apathetic No More.

Comment

• I believe I'll have another beer.
                                "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

Working...
                                X