Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool, good luck Deb!
    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Congrats, lady, you will rock it!

And it sounds like the change was meant to be. Suckahs!! :-)
      "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Way to go Deb! I know you'll be happy!
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• It always sucks when you find the backup that is supposed to be working is failing and you find out its failing when the server dies.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
            I'm changing jobs and tomorrow is my last day with my current employer. I've been a bit sad about it, not to mention scared to death that I'm trading in a job that I'm very good at for one that is full of unknowns (but is a fantastic opportunity).

And then....

The server where I do all my work died this week. And the backup was incomplete. It's going to take weeks to reconfigure and redo a lot of the work that's already been done.

So, now I'm not so sad. It's a mighty fine time to be out of there!
            I'd leave too if I caused all that shit.
            Don't let your new employer know.
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• LOL!
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• A guy I worked with had a story he loved to tell when crap of the day was hitting the fan.

He's a DBA and he was in a group where the lead DBA kept on warning the management that whatver they were doing was risky and exposed the environment to problems. So they never did heed his warnings and they had the catastrophe he predicted. So my buddy was working with the guy when the catastrophe happened and the guy closed his laptop, he said, "Nice working with you" and left the premises.

Anytime something bad is happening and you would call my buddy for an update on the problem, he would say he's updating his resume.

Comment

• Must be nice to be able to go somewhere else that easy. I've got 32 years in and am 3 away from the ability to retire with what passes for medical coverage these days. I'm locked in here unless something major happens. This is both good and bad,
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• It's good, Tony!

If you recall, i am about 6 weeks into a new job in a new industry. Most days are good, but I certainly miss working in an industry that I knew like the back of my hand. I have so far avoided any major screw ups (KNOCK ON WOOD!!), but I can't seem to make it more than a couple of days without some kind of oops. It drives me crazy, but I learn a little something new each time. Which is good for the brain, right?!?!
                    "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Congrats and good luck Deb.

"I was wondered why you weren't on so much, DanO either, during the draft."
                      ---------------------Had the kids. Was a busy weekend. My son had baseball Thursday and Friday. Managed to catch the Lions selection while cleaning up for dinner on those two days. Daughter had three friends spend the weekend. Oldest son had three frinds spend the night Saturday. Worked until three Saturday then came home and began dinner prep for numerous kids Saturday night. Had a bonfire afterwords. My brother was in town Sunday and he came over. Busy times........................
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Sounds way more fun than the NFL draft. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                          I'm changing jobs and tomorrow is my last day with my current employer. I've been a bit sad about it, not to mention scared to death that I'm trading in a job that I'm very good at for one that is full of unknowns (but is a fantastic opportunity).

And then....

The server where I do all my work died this week. And the backup was incomplete. It's going to take weeks to reconfigure and redo a lot of the work that's already been done.

So, now I'm not so sad. It's a mighty fine time to be out of there!
                          Congrat's Deb! As I recall, didn't you leave a telecommuting job in Ludington when you moved to Detroit City? Is your new job in an office or do you get to work form home?

I am currently looking for someone with C#.Net background. This is one of those sweet opportunities where I can offer a telecommuting option as long as they are located in Central or Eastern time zones. I just posted the position on Monster.com and I expect to be blitzed with applicants.

Comment

• Hey Bimm, can you PM the job listing to me. My wife may want to take a look at it...
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• "Sounds way more fun than the NFL draft."
                              -----------------------Damn you're a smart woman, Kay. :-)
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                Hey Bimm, can you PM the job listing to me. My wife may want to take a look at it...

Me too, please.
                                "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

Working...
                                X