Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    stayed alive in the playoff hunt
    Ooooh yeah... let's extend that streak one more year and get swept by the Blackhawks!

That'll validate standing pat for sure!

Comment

• whatever dude, take your miserable self somewhere else tonight. I'm celebrating this gigantic win!

Comment

• I am so sorry I don't share your unbridled enthusiasm in making the playoffs as a fish for Chicago or Anaheim.

Damn. Lemme break out the hats and party favors.

GO GO EIGHT SEED!

Comment

• Anything can happen in the playoffs homeboy.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            I am so sorry I don't share your unbridled enthusiasm in making the playoffs as a fish for Chicago or Anaheim.

Damn. Lemme break out the hats and party favors.

GO GO EIGHT SEED!
            The king of hyperbole strikes again. I hope that hairshirt isn't too snug.

Comment

• Hmmmmmm.

I wonder what seed the current Stanley Cup Champion was last year?
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Think about all the completely dominant president trophy winning Wings teams we've had over the years getting ousted in the 1st round over the years.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• You guys are getting ahead of yourselves. The chances are highly likely that they get ousted quickly in the 1st round. And the odds are still likely that they will miss the playoffs. But I still want to see them make it just to see.

The teams that ousted the Wings from a low seed position all kind of had great second half records or would face the Wings when they had significant injuries occur at the end of a season. Sometimes both would happen. This current Wings team is pucnhless and in need of a makeover, which is doable in the offseason. But they have to change it up a bit.

Comment

• I guess it's because I care less than one-tenth of one shit about the playoff streak.

If someone told me I could have the Wings playoff streak extend to fifty years, or they could miss the playoffs for the next three and follow it up with the Stanley Cup, I wouldn't have to think twice. I'd take the Cup every single time.

I mean, the playoff streak means absolutely jack shit to me. I just don't care.

And as for last year, Malto... care to tell me how many times that's happened? I'll give you a hint. It's less than two. But ANYTHING can happen. Okay.

You can dream what will happen. I'll tell you what will happen. "Chicago wins series 4-0."
                    Last edited by chemiclord; April 23, 2013, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• I don't particularly care about the playoff streak, but I'd rather see them get in. You're not gaining much by not getting in unless you are interested in sporting your shiny hairshirt.

they could miss the playoffs for the next three and follow it up with the Stanley Cup

Watch out hero, that limb you are out on is frightfully thin. You're saying a lot there!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        I don't particularly care about the playoff streak, but I'd rather see them get in. You're not gaining much by not getting in unless you are interested in sporting your shiny hairshirt.

they could miss the playoffs for the next three and follow it up with the Stanley Cup

Watch out hero, that limb you are out on is frightfully thin. You're saying a lot there!
                        No, I'm not. And that's exactly the point.

The playoff streak doesn't really mean all THAT much. It's a remarkable run, but at the end of the day whether they miss the playoffs this year or next year or the year before that... meh. It's going to happen eventually. Whether it happens now or in the near future doesn't concern me.

To me, the difference between finishing just out of the playoffs and squeaking in to get trucked by the Blackhawks is so minimal it doesn't move my fandom one way or the other, nor will it change the reality that the Red Wings are team on a slow decline to rock bottom.

Comment

• You are the LAST person here who should predict a game or series,,, oh wait you have your "reverse jinx card" to jump on board.

I'll be very disappointed if we don't make it in, and I yes I would like the streak to continue (29 is the record Boston).

Comment

• The only thing that really pisses me off about the offseason in hindsight is that we could have had A Semin for next to friggin nothing and he's produced a point per game.

Should've signed him
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• "I wonder what seed the current Stanley Cup Champion was last year?"
                              -------------------------What I find even more telling is where they are now. Same position as the Wings. Get in and get hot. Wings can do that. Will they...who knows.

GO WINGS!!!!
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                                "I wonder what seed the current Stanley Cup Champion was last year?"
                                -------------------------What I find even more telling is where they are now. Same position as the Wings. Get in and get hot. Wings can do that. Will they...who knows.

GO WINGS!!!!
                                While there is a degree of truth to the claim that the NHL playoffs are more of a crapshoot than the other major sports... if you look it over, you see that the champion (like the other major sports) tends to be in those top three seeds.

There's a reason the Kings' sort of run has only happened once in the history of the current playoff model. Thinking there's even a remotely decent chance it's going to happen again the very next year... that sounds remarkably silly to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X