X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    @dpat

That's fn stoopid.

I'm a fan that watches all the time and the facts are damning against Stafford. In me comparing Marino and Rivers to Stafford playing behind crappy olines was to show that there seems to be indisputable evidence after all these years that Stafford is a choker (cant win against winning teams). I'm not even asking for playoff or Superbowl wins yet, just beat a winning team for starters.

FF stats don't do it for real fans.
    Just quoting dwt. That was not directed at you. I 100% agree that it is a fn stoopid take, though.

I know you are a fan - even if you have 'backup teams'.

By 'winning teams', do you mean teams like the Packers, the Cowboys, the Vikings?

Or maybe teams that would be 'winning' teams if they did not lose to the Lions?

It is the dumbest stat ever, although the hater's club usually says 'Stats don't matter' as a knock on 'Stats-ford' - when it does not fit their narrative. But stats mean everything when it is convenient for them. Thus the 'vs. winning team stat' is gold, Jerry, Gold! But Pad Statsford numbers mean shit.

If you care to put any brain power into it:

But at second glance, it’s worth noting that while the Lions don’t win or lose these games directly based off Stafford’s play, it’s nice to see that Stafford’s play isn’t often affected by the strength of the opposing team. By all accounts, Matthew Stafford gives the Lions great play whether it’s against bad teams, or future Super Bowl winners. That’s a real positive and another layer to Matthew’s game that hasn’t ever been discussed.

Now imagine if the lions put a run game around that, or second half adjustments, or receivers that don’t lead the league in drops and a consistent defense that doesn’t go from historically good to agonizingly mediocre on a monthly basis. Then who knows what this team is capable of? But in my opinion, their quarterback is far from the problem.

I know, insanity.
    Last edited by dpatnod; May 21, 2017, 02:02 AM.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Here is some fun facts for you:

The Chiefs can’t win a Super Bowl with the 2016 version of Alex Smith at QB

At his best, Alex Smith is an above-average quarterback. But he is struggling this season, even as the Chiefs keep winning.

Given the beginning to Smith’s career, he has always been seen as something of a letdown.

You can win the Super Bowl with flawed QBs. The Denver Broncos are the reigning champions and while their starting QB was named Peyton Manning, his 2016 play far more resembled that of Smith than it did the Manning of his prime. Manning’s grade for that Super Bowl victory was 43.9, which is a lower PFF grade than Ryan Fitzpatrick has this season, and only marginally better than Josh McCown. Smith is at the heady heights of 75.1, and is currently ranked 22nd in the league.

You can win a championship with a quarterback as flawed as Smith, but you need everything else to go right, and that QB needs to be able to provide the occasional spark. This year’s Chiefs defense isn’t the Denver Broncos defense of 2015, even with Houston returning, and the one thing that Alex Smith does not provide right now is spark. Without that this team may continue to rack up wins, but they will come undone in the postseason.

It was almost like the Broncos won it all despite a fucking manequin for a quarterback. Weird. Maybe the team matters. Maybe defense wins games sometimes. Or maybe it all depends on forehead real estate. Fuck, who can say.
      Last edited by dpatnod; May 21, 2017, 02:07 AM.
      Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

I know you are a fan - even if you have 'backup teams'.
        He's got ya there Gonz!!
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Conjunctivitis.com

That's a site for sore eyes.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• lol
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

You realize that this is a website populated by fans of the Lions, who root for the Lions, right?

There's lots of websites that aren't, out there on the interwebs.

Stop letting the Lions shortcomings define you. Don't want to be a loser, after all.

Stafford sux. Barry sucked. Etc. Etc. The sky is falling and there is no reason to hope for anything different.

The Lions suckitude doesn't matter one iota to you, and doesn't affect your life one way or the other right? There is probably a really interesting site out there discussing camel testicle boil treatments, or elephant anal fissures that you might find more interesting, and less stressful to participate in.

Dinner always tastes better when you have resolved a good case of rhino conjuctivitus for goodness sake.
              Sorry, didn't know being brain dead is a prerequisite to posting on this site. I didn't know bending over and accepting mediocrity up you ass is a prerequisite.

Comment

Here is some fun facts for you:

The Chiefs can?t win a Super Bowl with the 2016 version of Alex Smith at QB

At his best, Alex Smith is an above-average quarterback. But he is struggling this season, even as the Chiefs keep winning.

Given the beginning to Smith?s career, he has always been seen as something of a letdown.

You can win the Super Bowl with flawed QBs. The Denver Broncos are the reigning champions and while their starting QB was named Peyton Manning, his 2016 play far more resembled that of Smith than it did the Manning of his prime. Manning?s grade for that Super Bowl victory was 43.9, which is a lower PFF grade than Ryan Fitzpatrick has this season, and only marginally better than Josh McCown. Smith is at the heady heights of 75.1, and is currently ranked 22nd in the league.

You can win a championship with a quarterback as flawed as Smith, but you need everything else to go right, and that QB needs to be able to provide the occasional spark. This year?s Chiefs defense isn?t the Denver Broncos defense of 2015, even with Houston returning, and the one thing that Alex Smith does not provide right now is spark. Without that this team may continue to rack up wins, but they will come undone in the postseason.

It was almost like the Broncos won it all despite a fucking manequin for a quarterback. Weird. Maybe the team matters. Maybe defense wins games sometimes. Or maybe it all depends on forehead real estate. Fuck, who can say.
                Fact: Manning had to make plays in the playoffs to get Denver, if he didn't make those plays, they would have gotten there. That's the differnce between a very poor Manning and a very best Stafford. Even on his best performance Stafford can't do what Payton did at his worst.

Comment

• This message is hidden because dwt1 is on your ignore list.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yeah I'm not sure why you took him off the ignore list. He doesn't add much.

Comment

• I know, ignorance is bliss, almost as satisfying as being mediocre.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Yeah I'm not sure why you took him off the ignore list. He doesn't add much.
                        The thread was dead for a week which is unheard of. I thought maybe he started taking his meds again
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• There it is, when you have nothing........denegrate the person. How fucking pathetic.

Comment

• Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                              Fact: Manning had to make plays in the playoffs to get Denver, if he didn't make those plays, they would have gotten there.
                              Yep. 17 INT, 9 TD's. He really killed it in 2015 huh?

What you said above, that was my point, best buddy. You said it sister. They would have gotten there regardless of the big foreheaded QB. Cuz he didn't matter.

Glad we finally agree on something.

Last edited by dpatnod; May 22, 2017, 12:36 AM.
                              Lions Fans.

Comment

• I've got this feeling that dwt, Dpat and Jaad are all in private contact with each other.....,

"Dwt, it's me Dpat...... let's keep this shit going, buddy. Let's make it a broken record like NO OTHER broken record, EVER!"

"No worries, Dpat."

"I'll put you on ignore for a few days, dwt!"

"Good work, jaadz, that'll make it more authentic!"

The Detroit Lions forum conspiracy theory!
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X