No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My late grandmother used to say that ALL the time, "Oooo, small world ain't it Charlie?"
    My late grandfather would always reply, "It certainly is, Margaret. Wouldn't like to walk it though."
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Soccer really sux

FIFA officials reportedly arrested, charged with corruption by US prosecutors

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Only a fucking idiot would think FIFA has been operated lawfully. This is great news in my opinion. I'd like to see the Russian and Qatar campaigns investigated thoroughly.

It's probably came to light after FIFA made announcements that the Qatar WC could possibly take place in the November/December time of year....., completely fucking up every teams domestic seasons and the Champions League etc. Big US investors have probably thought, "yeah, fuck that shit!" and requested investigations. Quite right. Corrupt bastards.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• 14 FIFA representatives arrested for fraud? That's gotta be the biggest "you don't say" moment I can think of in recent memory.
          Last edited by Cody_Russell; May 27, 2015, 08:16 AM. Reason: Spell check
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I second Marko's opinion, this is good news. They've been overtly corrupt and nobody has done a thing about it.

Comment

• In reading up on this stuff, this is gonna be good. Grab the bucket of popcorn.

Comment

• Corruption? FIFA?

Andrew Jennings was on Talksport earlier confidently stating the 2018 World Cup would be played in the US and the 2022 in the Netherlands and Belgium or the UK. Would be great if someone did have a few hard drives from the Russian federation stashed away instead of destroying them.
                AAL Quintez Cephus
                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Apparently they got Jack Blazer to wear a wire at the London Olympics for some FIFA meetings.

Comment

• This Jack Blazer guy sounds like a real winner. He hadn't paid taxes for so many years he had to basically turn into a rat or go to prison.

This is the most interesting soccer-related story I've ever heard.

Comment

• If 2018 is taken away from Russia and given to the USA, Panoptes will start a thread about possible nuclear war in the Politics forum! :smile:

Just joking, buddy.

You will though, eh?

Comment

• Nope.

He will suggest that Russia should invade China because China has what Russia wants.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Those 2 commie POS countries both deserve a hot flame up their arses.

They are actually still teaming up on their geo politics to see the ruin of the US.

F them. Come and get some effers.
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            Nope.

He will suggest that Russia should invade China because China has what Russia wants.
                            Great name for a Chinese James Bond film with Jackie Chan as a Chinese 007.

Seriously though, hopefully it is a cleansing of the FIFA organisation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                              Those 2 commie POS countries both deserve a hot flame up their arses.

They are actually still teaming up on their geo politics to see the ruin of the US.

F them. Come and get some effers.
                              Did not mean to make this political but, when a loose cannon like Putin is in charge, it is better he focuses on your other enemy rather than us.

.......noting that by giving asylum to someone who has great knowledge of your computer systems does not bode well as they already know everything about you.

/Politics off.

Sorry Deb.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Swiss investigation concentrating on 2018 and 2022 bidding

"In the second case, Swiss prosecutors opened criminal proceedings "against persons unknown on suspicion of criminal mismanagement and of money laundering in connection with the allocation of the 2018 and 2022 football World Cups".
                                Swiss police said they would question 10 Fifa executive committee members who participated in the votes that selected Russia and Qatar in December 2010.
                                Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko said the investigation would not affect its hosting of the 2018 event, telling Associated Press: "We've got nothing to hide."
                                The Russian foreign ministry added that the US investigation appeared to be an "illegal extraterritorial application" of US law."

Apart from all the PC's we used!
                                AAL Quintez Cephus
                                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

Working...
                                X