No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She hardly tells me anything anymore. Probably so she doesn't make me more frightened than I already am.

Comment

• Times like these make me miss 'Million and RU4.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The college game is ok, but it's gone down for the last 10 years. The skill level in the NBA has increased and the college game regressed.

Comment

• The NBA is getting to be a bit of a scoringfest. Still great of course.

Comment

• No reason to watch the NBA until they eliminate the 2 teams that don't make the playoffs and start the season. Then it usually isn't worth watching until they get it down to 4 teams anyway. A lot like the NHL.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'll wait for the Warriors vs Lebron again. For the first time since maybe Connors - McEnroe, I actually watched the Finals of the Australian Open Tennis championship last weekend both womens and mens. Was entertaining, dfirst time ever watched Roger Federer

Comment

• I really have to remember to start watching tennis again since I am playing again. Was good as a kid. It is a good sport to watch.

Comment

• I was really wanting to see the lefty Rafael Nadal win, and he blew it! Was up 2-0 in the 5th set and let Federer break him. Though Federer is probably the GOAT (?)

Comment

• Oldest to win a major, right?

Comment

• Yea, 35 years old (?) I also thought it a bit unfair that he had a day more rest than Nadal. Though both were unbelievable, I thought Nadal didn't make the older Federer run side to side as much as he should have, easier said than done I guess.

Comment

• Watched the Australian Open finals too. Not the greatest tennis quality but some great tennis drama as a long time watcher of Fed/Nadal match-ups and Federer fan. An even tennis match between all time greats is difficult to compete with.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• There is a Koufax argument for Borg and Laver had to deal with amateurism issues, but no one really compares to The Fed, IMO. I think the Aussie this year saw the greatest male and greatest female of all-time win.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This was great

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWuc18xISwI"]Sean Spicer Press Conference - SNL - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              There is a Koufax argument for Borg and Laver had to deal with amateurism issues, but no one really compares to The Fed, IMO. I think the Aussie this year saw the greatest male and greatest female of all-time win.
                              Agreed.

And what a time for tennis. We have been able to see Fed, Nadal and Djokovic take over for Sampras and Agassi, who took over for Borg, Lendl, Connors, and McEnroe. The women have had a similar arc with the Williams sisters, Chrissy, Graf, Navratilova, Seles, Hingis, etc.

All in the last 25 years or so. Just a crazy time for tennis.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

That was great.

Comment

Working...
                                X