I'm bored, it's the offseason, who can I argue with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    I?m pretty sure if he retired right now it would remain true. How many have played into their 40?s at this high of a level?
    Only Fabre , warren moon, and vinny testeverde have played well in their 40?s . But all were pretty shot by age 42. If you consider now though quarterbacks really don?t get hit Brady might play well till say 43

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
      Only Fabre , warren moon, and vinny testeverde have played well in their 40?s . But all were pretty shot by age 42. If you consider now though quarterbacks really don?t get hit Brady might play well till say 43
      It depends on if he can stay injury free. Those guys in their forties retired not because the couldn't play any more, they retired because it took them too long to heal.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

But for Vinny, there was no visible sign of a drop off in performance.

Comment

• That is because Vinny T. Played like shit to start with. He was a passable backup for like 15 years.
          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            All three will milk it for as long as they can. Brady will go until he can't play like Manning did, Belichick will go as long as Brady is there, Kraft will keep it together. Some of this is expected because the Garrapolo trade, Garrapolo paid instant dividends and New England didn't get much. Vitamin W will cure a lot of ills.
            Until the end of the season. They are all looking ahead and it seems at least some, do not like what they see.

Originally posted by Dan V View Post
            I am thinking there also was a QB, turned kicker that played into his 40's.

I am guessing Brady would prefer to stay at QB but pick his spots.

Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
            That is because Vinny T. Played like shit to start with. He was a passable backup for like 15 years.
            Did he even get hit before his 7th year in the league?
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

I forgot about Warren Moon but none of them are playing like Brady is right now. He?s still the MVP of the league. This is uncharted territory.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                I forgot about Warren Moon but none of them are playing like Brady is right now. He?s still the MVP of the league. This is uncharted territory.
                Manning and Farve had the same bow out. Nearly the best season's of their career's followed by one of their worsts.

Manning was spent. It was hard enough to change up his game to come back after all that work. Eventually his velocity on his throws going to come back down. But who knows with Farve. It could have just been a bad year with him being hit more often. He could have came back and had another great year. But he had been Yo-Yo-ing each year for a little while by that point.

So with Brady it might come down not one but a couple of bad seasons in a row. He hasn't ever had one, is he going to accept a bad year as his sign to hang it up. I doubt it. My guess is he plays till he is 45 out of sheer determination to prove a point and that Kraft won't let BB let him go.
                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• I can’t see him playing until 45. He’ll get hurt before then. I hope that’s not the case but odds are that’ll be his downfall
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                    I am thinking there also was a QB, turned kicker that played into his 40's.
                    You're talking about George Blanda - he was 48 when he retired.

Comment

• Yup!

That is who I was thinking of.

Comment

• Didn’t Oakland try to bring him back to a game in his 50s, that way he would have played a game in 5 different decades.

Comment

• I do not recall.

Comment

• Really? You people were jusg going to let this thread die.?

Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• FUUUUUK YOU AND YER SAD DOG VIDEOS YA RANCID BAWSAC.
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• It was inspiring shit ya bell end! She's fukkin badass!
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X