No announcement yet.

Michigan vs. FSU, Orange Bowl, 8pm, ESPN, Game Day - Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSU will show up and actually make an effort to win unlike last year's Florida squad. Bowl games that are not part of the playoff and involve teams whose rosters are filled with players with an eye toward the NFL are very unpredictable. Michigan already has a top-tier 2017 class, and I don't believe the outcome of the bowl game will have any affect on recruiting. To sum it up: The Orange Bowl means nothing. A Michigan win will produce a few days of chest thumping. A Michigan loss will give MSU fans a few days of schadenfreude. That is all.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Lol, nope. Tell that to the coaches and players. I'm sure they won't care if you don't watch.

Comment

• My comments were directed at the above conversation about a predicted outcome of the game. It remains to be seen if the players care. They certainly did last year, while the Florida players apparently did not. I can't imagine why the players would care if I watch the game, but I'm sure they will be thinking of you as they run on the field, confident that you'll be tuning in while wearing your Michigan gear. It will no doubt inspire them.
        Last edited by Rocky Bleier; December 28, 2016, 11:54 AM.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Cheer up, Rocky.

This game isn't going to be won or lost on emotion/lack thereof.

The outcome will be determined by defense and which team plays it best.

I like M's chances based on that.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Using Rocky's metric, no game really matters. The world will be the same if UW beats Bama or if Bama rolls as expected. Crazy people will still want to kill us and Trump will still be tweeting. Nothing matters, all is death. .
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I can't live in a world where the Pinstripe Bowl means nothing. I must reject Rocky's and SLF's nihilism.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Some where in the western Atlantic hoping this ship is in the right spot to pick up a Direct TV signal. It's been spotty.

M wins this something like 28-24.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Good luck getting the signal, Buchanan! I think you boys get it done a bit easier.

Comment

• 30-17 keeps coming to mind.

Comment

• I reiterate, 27-10.

Comment

• Go Blue!
                        If you are a draft junkie, this game will have a lot of drafted players. EXCITING.
                        At least it's better in that way compared to BC vs Maryland... or most of these early bowls.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• 27-3, Good Guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            I'm not. I'll give FSU and current line, however.
                            Give me FSU and 8.5 and we're on.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Why would he give you that when he can go to an upstanding bookie and give 6.5-7? Cmon.

Comment

• Correct. AA has taken identical position when predicting Alabama games. I believe it's a juiced 7. I'm willing to forgo the vig.

Comment

Working...
                                X