Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is always some morality play with Michigan fans, needing to prove what great fans they are and how bad the other side is. When they spit on Mark Dantonio and the players in the tunnel at Michigan Stadium, it's just the fun of college football. When they joke about Urban Meyer or Mark Dantonio's heart problems, it's all fair game. Hell, in the bastion of greatness that is this forum of you call them on making fun of a heart attack as poster Mike did, you are the one being sanctimonious. When your coach is cutting players or yanking scholarships at the last minute, it's part of college football. But some post game comments that didn't genuflect to you, we'll you will categorize them as a slight to be put in some catalogue as something terrible to answered. Like Donald Trump does. Front runners. Haha.
    Last edited by froot loops; October 31, 2016, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• Minor addition -- some loved to get on UFM about "RUTS" -- even this year, comments to that effect when they beat BG and Rutgers...

...but against Rutgers HARBAUGH held the score down as low as he possibly could...against the guy who held a camp the same day he did in NJ...heh
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Read my post. I've got no beef with MSU fans in general. My beef is with Mark Dantonio. Moreover, I'm not trying to play the superiority card arguing M fans are morally superior to MSU fans.

In my view, Dantonio seems to have issues when his team loses and doing that with dignity. I don't think it is in dispute that Narduzzi had an approach to playing football that was a little over the top when it came to playing hard nosed football. Lots of cheap shots delivered by his players to opponents. I can't say that Dantonio was of the same mind but to my knowledge he didn't tell Narduzzi to control his players.

My apologize for missing that Dantonio did congratulate M. I don't expect him to genuflect. What I'd hope he'd do is recognize his players didn't make plays, didn't get the job done and got out worked by the opponent. In this case it was M and since it is this game that makes or breaks his season, I can see why he didn't do that. That's to his discredit. JMO.
        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 31, 2016, 09:06 AM.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Minor addition -- some loved to get on UFM about "RUTS" -- even this year, comments to that effect when they beat BG and Rutgers...

...but against Rutgers HARBAUGH held the score down as low as he possibly could...against the guy who held a camp the same day he did in NJ...heh

Don't forget oversigning. Why, signing more than 25 in any season is sleezy!! We all know that. M coach would NEVER! [clutches pearls]

As far as Dantonio not being a good loser, well, that's an old Lombardi quote in the making. "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."

This whole thing sounds more like sore feelings due to Dantonio's prior success. Like when Tommy Tubberville was beating Mike Shula's brains in, we Bama fans thought Tubby was the DEBBIL himself and after the pendulum swung back to its proper position and Bama started winning again, we would make the "Tubby is of low character" posts like Jeff did. I guess it's human nature.
          Last edited by AlabamAlum; October 31, 2016, 08:25 AM.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dantonio has stuck it to M for a long time. His animosity toward M is real, as is the M fanbase's animosity toward him.

M fans talking about Dantonio:Arafat talking about Israel.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              It is always some morality play with Michigan fans, needing to prove what great fans they are and how bad the other side is. When they spit on Mark Dantonio and the players in the tunnel at Michigan Stadium, it's just the fun of college football. When they joke about Urban Meyer or Mark Dantonio's heart problems, it's all fair game. Hell, in the bastion of greatness that is this forum of you call them on making fun of a heart attack as poster Mike did, you are the one being sanctimonious. When your coach is cutting players or yanking scholarships at the last minute, it's part of college football. But some post game comments that didn't genuflect to you, we'll you will categorize them as a slight to be put in some catalogue as something terrible to answered. Like Donald Trump does. Front runners. Haha.
              Well said Froot. You forgot M folks bragging about all the wins from the early 20th century and celebrating Bo and his 5-12 bowl record.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                Dantonio has stuck it to M for a long time. His animosity toward M is real, as is the M fanbase's animosity toward him.

M fans talking about Dantonio:Arafat talking about Israel.
                Yeah. Exactly. Fans are....well, fans.

When Tubberville was at Ole Miss, he said the only way he'd leave Oxford was in a pine box. A few weeks later, he accepted the Auburn job. After he started clubbing Shula like a baby snow seal, Tubby's "lie" about never leaving the Rebels became a battle cry. "Winning be DAMNED! I wouldn't want a low moral liar without loyalty to his team as the Bama coach!" Then in 2006, Saban said he would never be the Bama coach. He left the Dolphins for the Tide a month later. My Bama brethren could not see the simularities.

Heh. Although, fuck Tubberville.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• To me, Jeff knows a lot about football but he must not know any coaches. He's picking nits.

Comment

• Consider me schooled.

AA and talent have it right. Fans will be fans. Good story about Tuberville, AA.

I'll never particularly like or respect Mark Danotnio. I actually liked and respected Woody Hayes. Great coach. For the time, a leader of men. I loved John Cooper. I had little respect for Jim Tressel because of what went down at osu during his tenure and his hypocrisy. He still was a great coach. I respect ufm. I think he does a great job with the kids he coaches for this time. It's different than Woody's time and he does well with that.

I just don't have a good feeling for what Dantonio does with his players and that's because during his time there as HC, there's a well known record of some thuggery on the field and examples of statements, like Lewark made, demeaning the play of the opponent. When you lose, you man up and take responsibility for it. That's not a characteristic of MSU players that I've seen a lot of.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• At least for the last handful of years...
                      With UM/OSU, I think it's more hatred for the banners/colours. With UM/MSU, it's more hatred for the individuals and Dantonio has forced that perspective on either side of the rivalry. He's promoted and fueled that POV for MSU fans and has earned that POV from UM fans. So, since we won, he's the face of the program and as a result has earned the wrath and humiliation that fans want to direct after a long sought after win.
                      Fuck Dantonio. He's earned that type of response.

Comment

• That's why the B1G is my second favorite conference. You guys almost have SEC level hate. Almost.
                        Last edited by AlabamAlum; October 31, 2016, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Jeff Buchanan always resorts to the thuggery code word.

Comment

• nobody is as morally superior as UNL fans.. Michigan fans are still children at the game.
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Yes, yes. Nebraska fans applauded Washington in 1991 and built an elite program from humble walk-ons outworking all the other boys. Glenn327 has already exposed that myth!

Comment

• Glenn327. Damn...

Comment

Working...
                                X