Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey AA I went to bed last night with a minute to go and AA leading. How did hat work out for you guys?

Comment

• Tough game:

1. Jalen was not ready. Great defensive plan by Clemson.

2. Defense gave up screens and drags way too much.

3. We will be back next year.

That is all.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Still, 14-1, 51-6, winningest seniors in the history of major college football.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah, I see no need to offer an solace to poor, poor Alabama. The Nick will have to wait a year to tie the Bear.

Clemson had the best player in the game. And Hurts probably wasn't good enough to outscore a team like Clemson -- though, heh -- it was close.

Clemson has Watson -- the figurative 6* -- and enough dudes around him to paste over a shaky offensive line that gets its head caved in more times than any championship team should. And they have some bad asses on the DL.

Clemson will drop off a bit next year. There is absolutely no replacing Watson. I expect Florida State to get them next year and rep the ACC in the CFP.

Alabama, of course, will do what Alabama does. There's nothing standing in their way in the SEC.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Whoa, didn't realize that FSU and Alabama open in Atlanta. That's going to be 1v2.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Damn!

Yeah, no solace for Alabama or its representative here.

Pretty quiet this am, ehh, AA?
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• AA is biding his time.

IDK what Hurts' ceiling is, but in today's game any QB who can run like he does and throw at least the short end of the route tree with any proficiency is basically unstoppable. With Nick's talent, even a Watson Lite is going to result in multiple NCs. Again.

Comment

• Quiet? What are you talking about, Jeff? I am an infrequent AM poster. I'll pop a gem in here and there but it is not my time slot, usually.

Comment

• Didn't watch much after it was 14-0. Woke up around 3:00 am and turned on ESPN. Was beautiful seeing Satan walking the sideline shaking his head knowing he had lost. Dabo seems like a genuinely nice guy. Nick, not so much.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Saban was 97-0 at Bama when Bama lead by double digits going into the 4th quarter.

Comment

• Dabo strikes me as a fake.

Your mileage obviously varies.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Clemson has Watson -- the figurative 6* -- and enough dudes around him to paste over a shaky offensive line that gets its head caved in more times than any championship team should. [iam416]
                          I dunno. The Alabama defensive line seems really good -- D'Shawn Hand is a second stringer. The Clemson offensive was able to protect Watson for the most part, and had some good runs also

Comment

• Watson was sacked 4 times and hurried 12 times. Their o-line is not a great strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Watson was sacked 4 times and hurried 12 times. Their o-line is not a great strength.
                              Back in the Jurassic Period when I was in college, 4 sacks and 12 hurries meant you got a W.

Today, it means you give up 35 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                                Back in the Jurassic Period when I was in college, 4 sacks and 12 hurries meant you got a W.

Today, it means you give up 35 points.
                                hack likes this post

Comment

Working...
                                X