Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh .... the Doctor is in the house.

I planned on simply watching this thing go down because, frankly, I really didn't see much coming of it.

But if osu has actually self imposed as the rumors flying around seem to imply, that is tacit admission that tressel did know before he said he knew. If he did, then he probably lied to the NCAA if that question was actually asked by NCAA investigators and we don't know if it was or was not .... yet.

tressel may be a stand-up guy, great coach and really cares about his players. But if he was stupid enough to lie about this to the NCAA thinking he was going to get away with it (the arrogance of power and authority), he's gonna get osu hammered.

Realty? I hate it. I want to see M get their piece of flesh, on the playing field, against a coach who is a liar and a football program that has, since tressel showed up, cheated to gain unfair advantage (going as far back as Steinbrener buying Henson), to win.

If the smoke turns into fire ... and I have no idea if it will or won't (I hope it doesn't for the reasons I just mentioned), tressel is going to find himself forced into early retirement, and my dream of watching his post game interview mumbo-jumbo, after mounting consecutive losses to Brady Hoke, vanish.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Senator's emails

Comment

From a NYT story which is on the FRONT PAGE ...... osu is F'ed.

The e-mails “provided specific information about two student-athletes selling memorabilia to the owner of a local tattoo parlor,” according to a letter from Ohio State to the N.C.A.A. The letter added that “although Coach Tressel had the information, he did not inform university officials.”
        Tressel said at a news conference in Columbus that he allowed two players who were mentioned in the April e-mail to play last season because he did not want to “interfere with a federal investigation.” The university said it learned of the investigation in December from the United States attorney.
        Tressel said he should have gone to the university’s top legal counsel when he learned the information.
        “Obviously, I plan to grow from this and I’m sincerely saddened by the fact that I let some people down and didn’t do things as well as I could possibly do,” he said.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Yes .... I'm bitter.

I wonder if tressel and his bosses at the time will apologize for conspiring with Yankees owner George Steinbrener to dangle $18M dollars in front of a 19 year old Drew henson ruining the well laid plans of Michigan football coach Lloyd Carr to claim another National Title in tressel's first year at osu.

I wonder if tressel will apologize for the insulting act of having the state police shake down M players and the coaching staff on their arrival in c-bus.

I wonder if tressel will admit he conspired to have an osu booster pay TP to come to osu and keep him on a payroll, providing automobiles and who knows what else? Who else did he arrange to have paid to do stuff like that ..... Boren, just to embarrass Rodriguez at a critical juncture in his transition?

F ... osu.

Comment

I don't think anything more will happen. I'm still laughing about the "suspension". The two games are basically exhibition games. Its totally meaningless. Mrs. Tressel could coach OhNo to wins in those games. And the 250G's are basically pocket change that he won't pay a dime of anyway. Some booster will step up and write the check for that one. The vest gets away again.

Its amazing the contrast to how the "practicegate" and "memoribiliagate" are being handled. The NCAA was all over Michigan when the story broke. With OhNo, they haven't said a word.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

So...
              you OSU fans still think that Maurice Clarett was a pathological liar who made it all up?

Comment

''I have had a player murdered. I've had a player incarcerated. I've had a player get taken into the drug culture and lose his opportunity for a productive life,'' an emotional Tressel said, tears welling in his eyes, at a news conference on Tuesday night. ''It was obviously tremendously concerning. Quite honestly, I was scared.''

Yeah, he was so scared that he had to intentionally withhold info from the NCAA. The NCAA might have done something REALLY horrible like cause him to lose some football games.

Comment

Did I just hear this correctly on ESPN? T. Pryor tweeted something along the lines that "When we face adversity at Ohio State, we get closer to each other, and we get closer to God"

Uh .. really? You really believe that when Ohio State breaks rules that brings adversity, that its God's blessing?

My .. my ...

And here I thought Mo Clarett was the biggest OhNo douchebag I've ever seen ...

Comment

Yeah, he was so scared that he had to intentionally withhold info from the NCAA. The NCAA might have done something REALLY horrible like cause him to lose some football games.
                    The talking heads on ESPN just said that OhNo may be looking at forfeiture of all 2010 games over this thing. According to them, the biggest problem for Tressel is not only that he had information, but that he withheld it for so long. They say the NCAA will not look kindly on that.

I'll believe the punishment when I see it. The vest has a lot of friends in the NCAA, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to get his kids eligible for the Sugar Bowl. So, I still think his teflon sweatervest will sufficiently protect him.

But still ... yow ...

Comment

For years most thought the NCCA would never touch Pete Carroll, F' the cheating lying sweatervest! Hes not made of Teflon anymore and his Mr Rodgers look and act will not fly either. Yes - let Michigan use this as a recruiting tool, not sure if Dantonio would though, since he will love to be HC there .

Comment

Yeah, but what OhNO/the vest did pales in comparison to what USC did with Reggie Bush.

Like I said, I'll believe the sanctions when I see them. And I would not be surprised to see the NCAA accept OhNo's "self punishment" as acceptable.

Comment

I really don't care about taking victories away. That seems somewhat hollow. Take scholarships away.

Furthermore- make him have to got vestless in November!

Comment

Maurice Clarett says he "took the fall" after Ohio State provided him with improper benefits.

Comment

Are the two games he's suspended against 1AA teams?.

I'm going to go out on an unpopular limb here. I know many on this board want to see Tressel gone. For the long term sake of the Michigan program, I'd rather see the team have to beat him on the field than NCAA or in the court of public opinion. I won't be sad if has to resign but I think it would be better for U-M if they learn to beat him on the field (and more satisfying when talking to those people from c-bus)
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

I agree with that, Tony ..... but tressel is toast. Wonder if Urban Meyer will suddenly get healthy. I don't think osu is going to get out of this without some additional punishment involving game forfeitures and loss of scholarships .... knowingly letting ineligible players play is just too big to ignore. The vest knew exactly what he was doing. It was planned, it was against the rules, he cheated to gain unfair advantage, and that probably a fairly sizable amount of money was flowing into the hands of players while tressel knew about it is clearly loss of institutional control.

Delaney is going to be furious at osu AD smith for letting him play him on this. The vest and smith will have no Friends around on this one to protect them. The B10/ADs are meeting this weekend in Chicago, I think. It will be interesting to see how the other ADs and especially Brandon work this. In the eyes of his peers, vest didn't commit a whoops comparable to prracticegate, he outright screwed the very people he is going to need in this.
                                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; March 9, 2011, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X