No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who knew it was possible to blow a penguin in Florida till OP proved it?
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Crosby broken jaw, out indefinitely.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Another league MVP and scoring title left on the table.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Cindy "Glass" Crosby.

Comment

• So with his jaw wired shut, his sex life is on hiatus.
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Well, half of it anyway.

Comment

• Godspeed Sid, your Cup run awaits!

Penguins center and captain Sidney Crosby had surgery Saturday for a broken jaw and there is no timetable for his return, the team said today.
                On his first shift Saturday against the New York Islanders, Crosby got hit in the mouth by a shot that was taken by teammate Brooks Orpik and deflected upward off of Brad Boyes of New York.
                Penguins general manager Ray Shero said the team hopes to find out more later in the week about how long Crosby will be out.
                Shero visited Crosby today and said Crosby was up and around and in good spirits. Shero declined to give specifics of the surgery, but said the jaw injury was the only major concern in terms of Crosby's health and return to the lineup, although Crosby lost a few teeth. He had dental work done Saturday and will have more this week.
                Crosby's jaw is not wired shut, although for now he is on a soft or liquid diet.
                Crosby leads the NHL with 56 points.

Comment

• The team stated on its website that it would provide a timetable later this week, but historical evidence suggests this type of injury keeps a player out of the lineup for 4-6 weeks.

Comment

• Crosby's a bitch and everyone knows it.

Comment

• Yep
                      Attached Files
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• At least nobody will hear him whine for 4-6 weeks.

Comment

• Good news for Crosby and Mike, don't be datta way.

PG excerpts:

The type of jaw surgery that Sidney Crosby endured last weekend after being hit in the face with a puck should, at the latest, allow him to return to game action by the time the playoffs begin in a month, experts say.
                          "As long as he keeps his nourishment up -- and he should since he's not wired shut -- he should be good to go in three to four weeks," said David Dattilo, director of oral and maxillofacial surgery for West Penn Allegheny Health System.
                          The timing and the jaw injury itself appear to be similar to what Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger experienced in 2006 when his motorcycle collided with a car whose driver failed to yield and turned left in front of him. The accident occurred a month before preseason camp was to begin.

If all goes well in three to four weeks, Dr. Dattilo said, Mr. Crosby won't even necessarily need special headgear to protect his jaw "because his jaw will be just as strong as before, and probably stronger because it will be metal-reinforced."

Dr. Dattilo, who has done hundreds of similar "plating" surgeries like Mr. Crosby's, said Mr. Crosby could be back on the ice doing moderate workouts early this week.

Penguins center Sidney Crosby was named the NHL's No. 1 star for March, when he led the league with 25 points, including a league-best 19 assists. Penguins went undefeated for the month 15-0!
                          Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 2, 2013, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• Great Player. Huge vagina.

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Wipe the penguin jizz off your chin, OP

Comment

Working...
                                X