No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its been a problem since they lost Lidstrom, Stuart and Rafalski within a year. I like some of their young players but they do need a shakeup.

Comment

• I knew the lack of D would be a problem with this team but I was hoping that we'd have someone from the young guys really start making a name for themselves when it matters most.

This is def a learning experience.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The whole roster kind of screams occasionally brilliant but not quite championship caliber anymore.

Comment

• Time to dress Cleary!! lol I seen the Wings have not won a playoff series without Danny boy in the line up since 2004.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
            The whole roster kind of screams occasionally brilliant but not quite championship caliber anymore.
            Yep, which is how they beat the Bruins 3 out of 4 during the regular season.

They'll win at least one more. But they are not ready for the cup yet.

Comment

• Z will play tonight according to ESPN

Comment

• Bertuzzi in also, 2 guys with bad backs...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                  Z will play tonight according to ESPN
                  I just don't agree with this. If they want to roll Bert out there right on. But Z needs to just sit out and be ready for next season.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    I just don't agree with this. If they want to roll Bert out there right on. But Z needs to just sit out and be ready for next season.
                    Disagree.

His salary dictates he plays if he is able.

Doctors have cleared him.

He seems to want to go.

He will have rust but, having your Captain on the ice means a lot.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The young guys carried this team into the playoffs..... now it would be nice for the veterans to step up. But they haven't at all. In fact they have looked like the worst players out there. Legwand and Franzen are non-existent. Datsyuk is still the best player, but has made some very uncharacteristic mistakes/ bad bad giveaways. I think he's trying to carry the team and make plays when even he can't make it. They are leading to giveaways in neutral ice. But at least he's trying to step up. Then there is Alfie who was also non-existent... and is now injured. The defense is playing okay, but they look worse than they are because they are ALWAYS in the defensive zone. It's bad when the best looking players on the team are Abdelkader and Miller.

Comment

• I hope they figure it out... but I'm just happy they made it to the post season. The kids looked great and next year will be even more exciting with a healthy team. Again, I hope they upgrade on the defense this summer.

Throw Tatar, Pulkkinen, Smith and next years 1st and this years 3rd round picks at Nashville for Weber. Sure we lose Tatar and Pulkkinen.... but we still have Mantha and Athanasiou in the wait. Nashville gets a young top 2 line player with top line potential in Tatar..... an NHL ready prospect in Pulkkinen (to play alongside Jarnkrok again) Smith who's a young 2nd line defensman and a couple picks. I do it as a Redwing and as a Nashville GM...... I'd give it some serious thought.

They already fleeced Jarnkrok and our 2nd rd pick for Legwand. Who really hasn't done shit since he got here.
                        Last edited by Habib21; April 24, 2014, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Habib21 View Post
                          The young guys carried this team into the playoffs..... now it would be nice for the veterans to step up. But they haven't at all. In fact they have looked like the worst players out there. Legwand and Franzen are non-existent. Datsyuk is still the best player, but has made some very uncharacteristic mistakes/ bad bad giveaways. I think he's trying to carry the team and make plays when even he can't make it. They are leading to giveaways in neutral ice. But at least he's trying to step up. Then there is Alfie who was also non-existent... and is now injured. The defense is playing okay, but they look worse than they are because they are ALWAYS in the defensive zone. It's bad when the best looking players on the team are Abdelkader and Miller.
                          Yes, the young guys have been playing well. Don't discount the role the Vets have played.

Originally posted by Habib21 View Post
                          They already fleeced Jarnkrok and our 2nd rd pick for Legwand. Who really hasn't done shit since he got here.
                          You must have missed the goals Legwand scored after he came to the team and breathed new life into the rookies that had no leadership.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Much better. First period they've actually won in this series.

Comment

• Without L egwand they probably miss the playoffs. Not that he's been great but he filled a role with all the injuries.

Team looks better tonight.

Comment

• The booing woke them up.

Comment

Working...
                                X