Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm surprised no-one mentoned John Pinette, dead at 50 of heart failure."
    --------------------------------------I remember seeing the video clip you posted a few months back, Cat but didn't recognize the guy nor the name when you mentioned it. Funny guy though.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Ultimate Warrior died Tuesday at 54 ... the day after appearing on RAW AND just a few days after being inducted into the WWE hall of fame.
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• RIP Ultimate Warrior. By far my favorite WWF wrestler as a wee lad.
        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Sorry I missed the earlier Pinette posts. Deb, Thanks for pointing out my oversight.....Pinette was in the final Seinfeld episode. He was the guy who got mugged leading to the criminal indifference charges against Jerry, Elaine, Kramer and George.His best stuff was standup and his waterpark and camping routines are classic. All available on Youtube.

Comment

• I can't say I knew who he was, but on the radio show I listen to on XM, Opie and Anthony, they were mourning the death of comedian/ventriloquist, Otto Peterson (Otto and George)
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Country Music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43.

"Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                  Carter was a very good boxer. He really got shafted out of 20 years of his life in the murder thing.
                  "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Oh no....One of my favorites......Earl Morral...dead at 79. A great quarterback in my book.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                      Oh no....One of my favorites......Earl Morral...dead at 79. A great quarterback in my book.
                      I agree. RIP Mr Morral.

Most people associate Bob Griese with perfect '72 Dolphins -- but Morral started 9 of the regular season games, and also played in the first two playoff games. I've always thought it was a shame he didn't get a chance in the Super Bowl. He did more than Griese that season. His QB rating was 91.0, while Griese's was 71.6.

Comment

• ^ Just mentioned this in the Lions News thread.
                        AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Basketball Hall of Famer 'Dr. Jack' Ramsay dies at 89

By CNN Staff
                          updated 9:03 AM EDT, Mon April 28, 2014

(CNN) -- Hall of Fame former NBA coach John "Dr. Jack" Ramsay, who became a NBA television analyst years after winning a league championship with the Portland Trailblazers, has died at age 89, his longtime employer ESPN said Monday on Twitter.
                          The Philadelphia native made his mark in the collegiate and professional coaching ranks, taking St. Joseph's College to 10 postseason appearances in the 1950s and 1960s before becoming general manager of the Philadelphia 76ers, winning an NBA title in 1967.
                          He later coached the 76ers, Buffalo Braves, Portland Trailblazers and Indiana Pacers, earning a 864-783 record from 1968 to 1988. At the time of his retirement, he ranked second in wins among NBA coaches.
                          His Trailblazers won the NBA title in 1977.
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• RIP Doc.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Bob Hoskins 71.

British actor Bob Hoskins, best known for films such as Who Framed Roger Rabbit and The Long Good Friday, dies of pneumonia at the age of 71.

Great in The Long Good Friday and Mona Lisa
                              AAL Quintez Cephus
                              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• RIP Bob

Who Framed Roger Rabbit was a huge movie at the time. I think its kind of been forgotten nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                                X