No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think UM loses this game. Hope I'm wrong.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• If history repeats itself, Michigan will get a big lead in the 1st half at some point due to that offense. I agree though, Michigan is a great shooting team and also runs great offensive plays due to Belein. Relying on great shooting is a scary thing though. Plus I think Michigan's defense breaks down for stretches.

I posted this on another thread... I think its interesting how great Michigan has started in these games during the last two postseasons. Every shot falls in in the 1st half for Michigan haha :

2013 -
      Michigan vs South Dakota State, Michigan led by 4 at half (Didn't watch the game)
      Michigan vs VCU, Michigan led 38-21 at half.
      Michigan vs Kansas, KU led at half.
      Michigan vs Florida, Michigan led 41-17 in 1st half.
      Michigan vs Syracuse, Michigan lead 36-25 at half.
      Michigan vs Louisville, Michigan led 33-21 in 1st half.

2014 -
      Michigan vs Wofford, Michigan had a 14 point lead at half.
      Michigan vs Texas, Michigan led 43-26 in the 1st half.
      Michigan vs Tennessee, Michigan led Tennessee by 13 in 1st half multiple times.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I HOPE history repeats itself limited to this year. They've made games interesting with second half power outages but they've won.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          What Michigan has, and Louisville really didn't... was that Michigan can literally outscore anyone in the country. The Wolverines' offensive efficiency is remarkable.

What Wolvy CAN'T do is what they did two nights ago. They can't fall asleep at the wheel and watch as Kentucky turns up their game.
          I agree.

Originally posted by DanO View Post
          I think UM loses this game. Hope I'm wrong.
          I hope so too.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Glenn Robinson III is leaving Michigan... and Nik is making his decision today at 3:30.
            I have heard nothing about McGary, so I assume he is returning.

As for Nik, I don't remember that many examples of players that have a press conference to announce they are returning. Only person I can think of is Matt Barkley (and he should have left USC that year).

So Michigan will have Walton, Albrecht, LeVert, Irvin, and McGary next season. Not bad considering the losses of Horford, Nik, Morgan, and GRIII.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Michigan had one just last year to announce GRIII and McGary coming back. Happens a lot.

Comment

• McGary going Pro. Tested positive for Marjuana during NCAA tournament. Would be suspended for one year. Story in Freep. Sorry can't attach link on my tablet. What a shit head.
                Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Yeah... that's not smart. Way to Deep-6 your career before it even starts, man.

Comment

• I don't think smoking weed one time is really much of a problem now. Just ask the Blazers. Or he could play for the Nuggets.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                      I don't think smoking weed one time is really much of a problem now. Just ask the Blazers. Or he could play for the Nuggets.
                      Weed shouldn't be much of a problem at all, honestly.

It's just a matter of "you should know the rules by now, man." McGary enters the NBA draft coming off a season ending injury, displaying bad-decision making. For all his physical attributes, let's not forget he's really only shown a short flash of what he could do. NBA GMs will note that.

Sure, he'll be drafted, but I doubt it'll be the 1st round contract that is coveted by incoming players. He's got an uphill battle to say the least.

Comment

• He probably won't be a first rounder. But that's because of his play (he had about 15 games) not because he smoked weed before a game he wasn't going to play in.

Comment

• Just the fact that someone who knows that in a couple more weeks, he is going to make a decision that could make him millions and goes and gets high is just unbelievable. Even if he knew then he wanted to come back to school, he should have known there are going to tests at the tournament. Like Chemi said, rules he SHOULD have known as well as the consequences.
                          Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• As I understand it, he was only tested because he suited up in order to pump the team up. He wasn't ever going to play.

Comment

• Nah. NCAA can test anyone who does or doesn't travel with the team. Now, whether or not him dressing had an affect on their decision, maybe. But they could have chosen him whether he dressed or not and whether he traveled or not.

Comment

• First pick in the 2nd round if his back checks out.
                                The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X