No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky I know you have text in your posts but I find it very hard to concentrate long enough to read it
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That is not in any way a complaint, just an observation.
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
        Gordie Howe, Steve Yzerman and OP are Western Canadians.

Yzerman was born in B.C. but grew up in suburban Ottawa. He played junior in Peterborough. I would not classify him as a western Canadian.
        Yeah he moved to Nepean, Ontario at 10. Remember him playing in the OHL for the Pete's and a regular shift for the Wings at age 18. Cranbrook still claims him as their native son as well as the Stanley Cup winners Scott & Rob Niedermayer.

After being dropped off via helicopter near the peak of Bull Mountain, brothers Rob (left) and Scott (right) Niedermayer prepare for their dream photo with the Stanley Cup atop a glacier.
        Last edited by Optimus Prime; November 5, 2013, 12:12 PM.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Wings wrap up the long road trip with a classic End-of-Road-Trip disaster against a bottom feeder who will probably be eliminated from playoff contention in February.

Still in decent shape though. DeKuyser was a huge find. How the hell was this kid not drafted? At the age of 23, he is further along than any defenseman his age who has played for the Red Wings in a long time.
          Last edited by Hannibal; November 6, 2013, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Re: Danny DeKeyser -NHL Draft Rights

Eligible Players

Players who turn 18 by September 15 and are not older than 20 by December 31 are eligible for selection. In addition, non-North American players over the age of 20 are eligible.

A North American player who is not drafted by the age of 20 is an unrestricted free agent. All non-North Americans must be drafted before being signed, regardless of age.

Re-entering the Draft

A player not signed by his NHL team within two years of being drafted can re-enter the draft, as long as he is 20 years old or younger at the time of the subsequent draft. Players over 20 become unrestricted free agents.

NCAA players are an exception: NHL teams retain the rights to a college player until 30 days after the player has left college.

A team that does not sign a first-round draft pick is awarded a compensatory pick in a future draft upon losing the rights to that player.

A player who has been drafted a second time cannot re-enter.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• So he was under the radar as an 18 year old and blew up after that?

I'll say it again -- what a find.

Comment

• SB Nation

Tonight marks another NHL Entry Draft, where teens from North America and Europe will be selected and tied to NHL franchises for the foreseeable future. Some of the players selected will never ink a deal with their NHL teams either by the club's decision or their own. Others will opt to remain in foreign countries - Sweden, Russia, Finland, etc - and remain property of the NHL club that drafted them for the duration.

And then there are the High School and Junior players who opt to play collegiate hockey in the United States or Canada. Some of these guys have been drafted by NHL teams (and those teams retain their rights). But the undrafted ones? The guys passed over and who develop into players that catch the attention of the NHL? They can opt to end their collegiate careers at any time and enter unrestricted free agency in the NHL... Or, they may opt to finish their college careers and (again) become unrestricted free agents when their playing time for their university is over.

Is that really the fairest of ways to disperse the talents of the college set, to let them go to the highest bidder?

The Raw Charge question of the week: Should previously undrafted college players, regardless of when they end their playing career at their school, be exposed to the NHL Draft like other amateurs-going-pro?

Comment

• DeKeyser is 23 years old, you are either NHL ready or not by that age.

Same deal with Justin Schultz of the Oilers. Came out of Wisconsin hockey at age 22, everyone tried to sign him, a BC native decided to sign close to home (Edmonton). DeKeyser is from Macomb, Mi.

If he stays with the Wings hey gets 950K entry-level contract, if they send him down to Grand Rapids, 75K.

Comment

• Jaromir Jagr ties Gordie Howe's NHL record with his 121st game-winner

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/h...#ixzz2lQGY73gN

Comment

• OP where you at?? Hoke got you down, well your not alone. :-(

I posted this up there ^ in the Lions - with some old skimpy padding footage. Wanted your take..

Bettman has a big problem and he is doing absolutely nothing about it, hits to the head and NOT from fighting! (hes more worried about fighting).

Datsyuk has a concussion from an elbow to the head by Jared Cowen's elbow with only 12 seconds left the game vs Ottawa . I have brought this up before, these so called elbow pads are now elbow armor. Hard as a rock plastic, when you get hit with theses its like a hammer hitting you in the head. And Bettman wants to make matters worse by not letting the players police themselves!

Comment

• Red Wings alumni practice

Comment

• https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...ies-youll-see/

PHOTO: Skate to face results in one of most gruesome injuries you'll see

Comment

• And that is why I wear a full cage.

Comment

• That's why everyone should wear a full cage.

A couple inches lower, and that' guy is dead.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Seeing the location of that deep gash made me fear his facial nerve might have been severed, but his mouth muscles appear to be working. Jeff would know what I am talking about. The facial nerve runs deep in the cheek and is critical for facial expression. A medical comment, I know, but couldn't resist. Those are injures that really challenge a good plastic surgeon.

Comment

Working...
                                X