Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to revel in the outrage and hysteria (a small sample of which is in your own post
    Its not so much hysteria on my part, as it is disappointment. The NCAA snapped us pretty hard in the Ed Martin/Chris Webber affair, and it took more than a decade for Michigan's basketball program to recover. We still aren't at the level we were at that time, although there is now real progress to get back there.

Also, when "practice-gate" came up, the NCAA didn't miss a beat in sharpening its axe with Michigan once again, by launching a full-scale investigation, hoping to find something that they could hit us with "repeat offender" status. Fortunately, the infractions were not serious, and we escaped major sanctions. But, I have absolutely no doubt that had it been more serious, Michigan would have faced sanctions that would have been alarmingly close to what SMU received. The NCAA has never had a problem making Michigan an "example".

With OlieO, the inside connections within the NCAA have benefited them tremendously during this entire matter. The upcoming sanctions will only confirm that.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Most CFB fans believe everything that was written by folks about Ohio State. The bulk of those stories -- whether true or not -- are not before the NCAA. Ohio State will get penalties consistent with previous penalties for similar conduct, to wit: (a) GT's penalties for knowingly playing an illegal player; and (b) long line of penalties for FtM charges with no LoIC.

The fact remains that the NCAA isn't considering much of what has been alleged or implied, whether rightly or wrongly or for whatever other reason.
      That's a fair point.

I've seen too many circumstances where the press has unfairly demonized someone or some institution; history is replete with stories of damages done that are difficult to recover from as a result of yellow journalism once the damage is done.

But I don't think that is the case with osu. The institution either ineptly handled indications of untoward behavior (both players and coaches) going on inside the football program during tressel's tenure or purposely concealed the depth and extent of the rule breaking.

Either way, the program deserves the scorn and skepticism from CFB fans its getting. Nevertheless, I enjoy, and actually admire, watching the osu nation, including the osu administration, work to supplant the suffering they've experienced over the last year by changing the discourse from the sordid behaviors of principals inside the osu football program to the return to glory that will be brought about by ufm and his unbelievable recruiting efforts.

I am looking forward to the juxtapositioning of the high expectations of the osu fandome with the future misfortunes of the buckeye's under ufm, not the least of which will be future losses to Michigan. This will certainly bring on a return to the gnashing of teeth of osu fans and the squirming of osu officials I have so much enjoyed for almost a full year.

Like OP intones ..... just a matter of time before someone down there slips up again.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
        ...OSU will get stung but to many not severely enough, I say Tressel exposed, fired and humiliated will never be eclipsed by any future sanctions...
        Must agree with that on the most part, but St Jim has yet to be humiliated. Millions in ill-gotten gains in his bank account from his time lording over Cheater U. Legions of delusional schmuckeyes wailing how he was simply a 'fall guy'. osu administrators not only failing to fire him but changing his resignation to a 'retirement' so he can soak the taxpayers for lifetime retirement benefits he did not honestly earn, deserve, or need. O-lie-o humiliation seems pretty lucrative to me.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Agreed Jon, without a forensic audit and full criminal investigation with state authority to seize documents subpoena testimony we will never know the full extent of Tressel's unethical/criminal activities.

However enough former and current players have had the courage to come forth and reveal the truth and expose his "Cars, Cash & Courtesans" racket, I will take comfort in at least that.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I've seen too many circumstances where the press has unfairly demonized someone or some institution; history is replete with stories of damages done that are difficult to recover from as a result of yellow journalism once the damage is done.

But I don't think that is the case with osu. The institution either ineptly handled indications of untoward behavior (both players and coaches) going on inside the football program during tressel's tenure or purposely concealed the depth and extent of the rule breaking.

As I said, whether this is true or not; whether every allegation by the press is true or isn't -- it's of zero consequence to the NCAA. The bulk of those accusations aren't on the table, for whatever reason.

The NCAA appears likely to impose extremely fair sanctions on Ohio State entirely consistent with its past precedent. The notion, e.g., that Ohio State has some inside connection that is unavailable to other schools and which will help OSU out is, for lack of a better phrase, fucking comical.

Anyway, as much as you're enjoying the efforts by Ohio State to "change the dialogue," I'll enjoy the hysteria and histrionics of the ignorant. Already enjoying a nice tweet from Dan Wetzel on the Spence commitment "must be nice with two coaching staffs." Heh. Classic. And much more will come. I'm just going to sit back, relax and count the number of gross misrepresentations and outright falsehoods that come spewing forth. And as I do, I'll know it was these people who "reported" on Ohio State in the first instance, and this wonderous, smug feeling will envelop me as I bathe in their tears. Oh, trust me, Buchanan, I can't wait.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• talent ..... I heard a piece last night on NPR's Fresh air. The interview was with sports writer John Fienstein (who I admittedly have not read any of his books).

Anyway, he is supposedly notoriously good at getting interviews with top athletes who hate the press. So, he tells a story about getting an interview with John McEnroe after he defeated Bjorn Borg in the Wimbledon Men's finals. After talking with him about the match which he won relatively dispassionately given his rep for on the court antics, while listening to the entire crowd cheering for Borg to win it over the home town boy (McEnroe), Fienstein asked him if there was anything he regretted in his tennis career. John replied, "I wish I could have restrained myself from getting so mad at the judges and acting out so outlandishly". "Is that because they were usually right (and history shows they usually were)?," Feinstien inquires. McEnroe, in his inimical style, lashes out at Fienstein, slamming his towel to the floor, "HELL NO ..... they they were always wrong."

You remind me of John McEnroe. You just won't let go.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I think the clinical term is rabies.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I'm free as a bird, Buchanan, and loving the future of Ohio State football. The hysteria will be a nice little cherry on top. For me, at least. It was a looonnnnng 8 months and 20 days. I'm entitled to my guilty pleasures.

Comment

• Yeah, how coincidental that you were "absent" those 8 months, swearing you were never posting here again, and now you won't shut the fuck up.

At least your buddy DSL had the balls to come on here and take his lumps.
                    Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I am enjoying the completely unprecedented coaching waiver the NCAA gave us. It's great having two complete staffs and no other team being allowed to do the same thing.

Comment

• Well, your recruiting seems to be doing well as a result. You can't disagree with that. I don't think Fickell would be doing that well if he had to split his time between recruiting and bowl preparation.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                          Yeah, how coincidental that you were "absent" those 8 months, swearing you were never posting here again, and now you won't shut the fuck up.

At least your buddy DSL had the balls to come on here and take his lumps.
                          I suspect at some point in DSL's terse and twisted journey she used to be a man.

Comment

• Well, your recruiting seems to be doing well as a result. You can't disagree with that. I don't think Fickell would be doing that well if he had to split his time between recruiting and bowl preparation.
                            Fickell wouldn't be doing as well if you gave him unlimited contact with recruits and zero bowl game responsibilities. But, of course, you knew that. Heh.

UFM is da man! But, you're right -- we'll probably see a huge drop-off in recruiting next season when he as to coach games and stuff. Heh heh heh heh.

BTW, who is this Paul fella? Seems to have some real anger management issues.

Comment

• Urban's only gotten Mattison's scraps thus far. Let's see how he does up against the college game's premier DC when it's someone he really wants!!!

Comment

• With Rich Rod boys, Borges hung 47 on yah can't wait to Mattison after twelve more games in year two. pipe-hittin' comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X