Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
    Kansas get's it!

EDIT: original unabridged dictionary lists hillbilly as .... "a person from Michigan." So I guess I qualify. (originally)
    wait a minute....WE are hillbillies???????????
    "Stuck on Stupid"

Comment

• Stephen Hawking and Larry Flynt both have the same job....sitting in their chairs and thinking about deep black holes

Comment

• 17. Basketball
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Sorry, that should've been: 1, Basketball. Using 17 is adding shitty basketball to CGVT's list.

2. Indian food. ...., (but usually give plenty of shit if I eat it)
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• 18. Duck Dynasty

According to Stafford it's a show that the Lions play in the QB room. Here is a summary of the show.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgVwl94P-2U&list=HL1375170644&feature=mh_lolz"]?@#^Duck?@#^Dynasty?@#^Commander?@#^ray sipe;parody;wiki;commander;youtube;facebook - YouTube[/ame]
            "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
            Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• 19. The Royal Spawn
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Northernstar3 View Post
                wait a minute....WE are hillbillies???????????
                Didn't Dad tell you?
                "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Have his sister, your mother, explain it to you.
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                    Have his sister, your mother, explain it to you.
                    Low Blow.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      Low Blow.
                      Cue Treo

Comment

• Tony, please keep your comments on my posts to yourself, asshole.
                        Last edited by Sharkbait; July 30, 2013, 05:51 PM.
                        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Shark,

Sorry to see you get riled. It was not a personal comment on you or your family. Anyone that uses the term hillbillies is open to remarks about the family tree not having too many branches.

I am certainly not used to seeing it used in the north. Here's the urban dictionary take on it.

Hillbilly

Often used as an insult and racial slur against White folks who live in the country. A hillbilly is a person who lives in a remote, rural area in the South, often in the Appalachian (Or sometimes Ozark) Mountains and therefore is isolated and somewhat out of touch with modern culture.

The stereotype of a hillbilly is a person who: Is a White Southerner who owns a shotgun, goes barefoot, wears a worn out floppy hat, drinks moonshine and whiskey which he makes himself, plays the banjo or fiddle, drives old beat up pick up trucks, has bad teeth, is poorly educated, has long a beard, wears worn out clothes and hand me downs, and is happy and content with what they have.

Just because someone is a hillbilly doesn't mean that they fit the hillbilly stereotype listed above.

Contrary to some of the other entries, hillbillies don’t live in trailer parks; they can’t otherwise they wouldn’t be isolated from modern culture and therefore would not be a hillbilly. They don’t eat road kill; many are actually farmers and hunt for their food, they don’t pick it off the side of the road. Also, hillbillies don’t go around sodomizing people, that is a fictional movie Deliverance which has contributed too many of the negative stereotypes.

A Redneck lives in trailer park and goes on the Jerry Springer show; a Hillbilly lives in a shack or cabin out in the middle of nowhere and doesn’t even have a TV.

That said, I'll comment on any post made in public in here if I like.

[ame]http://youtu.be/zeIsxXDyjlc[/ame]
                          Last edited by Tony G; July 30, 2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the explanation, Billy Bob.

Comment

• No sweat Jethro, pass the 'shine jug over :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                                Thanks for the explanation, Billy Bob.
                                ROTFLMFAO
                                My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

Working...
                                X