X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saints teammates want Nick Fairley focused on health

Posted by Josh Alper on June 7, 2017, 10:49 AM EDT

Getty Images
    Saints defensive tackle Nick Fairley has not been with the team during Organized Team Activities this month and a report over the weekend said the reason for his absence is a heart condition that could threaten his ability to return to the field.

Fairley has not commented publicly and Josh Katzenstein of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that General Manager Mickey Loomis sent a text message on Saturday saying Fairley is still undergoing medical testing. A couple of Fairley’s fellow defensive linemen said they hope Fairley is focused on his health over football at the moment.

“We still have high hopes,” defensive end Cameron Jordan said. “I don’t know what’s all going on, but I do know that if he’s out there taking care of himself, that’s all that really matters. At the end of the day, as long as he’s healthy, then I’m going to be happy for my guy. And if we can get back to the field together, we’re going to cause more havoc.”

Defensive end Darryl Tapp played with Fairley in Detroit in 2014 and noted Fairley became a father last year while saying that Fairley’s health is “the most important thing” right now.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The heart issue has been known since before the Lions made him a 1st rd pick. Geniuses!
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Saints' Larry Warford arrives with familiarity in scheme, impresses teammates
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Retired receiver Calvin Johnson wrote the Detroit Lions a check for seven figures, much more than originally thought from his signing bonus.

Calvin Johnson paid back the Lions at least $1 million

According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the franchise’s greatest receiver made a payment to the Lions for at least seven figures when he retired in March 2016.

That’s significantly more than the $320,000 NFL Players Association records showed Johnson paid, or about 1/10th of the $3.2-million signing bonus proration the Lions would have been entitled to under the league’s collective bargaining agreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
            http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...arrives_w.html

Saints' Larry Warford arrives with familiarity in scheme, impresses teammates
            It worked so well with Warford in Det...
            AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Ray Rice, Cory Redding serve as cautionary tales for Ravens’ rookies

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 9, 2017, 1:50 PM EDT

AP
              A couple of former Ravens spoke to the team’s rookies on Thursday, and the conversation had little to do with football.

Ray Rice and Cory Redding were at the team facility as part of the team’s player engagement program to talk about off-field issues, according to the Baltimore Sun.

Although there are no details on what the former players said, Rice will always be remembered for the domestic violence case that ended his career. He surely warned players about the need to make the right choices.

Redding is a different kind of cautionary tale. Last month Redding’s former financial advisor was indicted on wire fraud and money laundering charges and accused of stealing $4.5 million from Redding. Few players in their early 20s are fully prepared to manage multimillion-dollar contracts, and Redding’s account of trusting the wrong person is an account that every player should want to hear.

Comment

• Devin Taylor could prove to be 'great signing' at bargain price for Giants

While it was somewhat surprising that Taylor didn’t attract more interest around the league, his lack of offers illustrates what most teams seem to think of the veteran lineman. An NFC team executive said that franchises tend to view Taylor as a different type of cat. And different rarely plays well in the NFL, particular when it concerns less than elite talent.

A different NFC source described Taylor as “just a guy” with average athleticism and football ability. His team viewed the lineman as a potential rotational/depth guy.

Comment

• Barry Sanders

Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum, but have a questions I'm hoping y'all can answer. The other night sitting at the bar we got started talking about how awesome Barry Sanders is. My friend was telling me of a play once where he ran like 50 yards behind the line of scrimmage, busted out a few moves and ended up scoring?! I never seen that play and could not find it on YouTube. I was hoping y'all can give me some info on that game or a youtube link to it? Maybe he was thinking of another player, but it sounds like something Barry could pull off.

Thanks for your time!

Comment

• Since you were at a bar, I can imagine the claim of 50 yards.

But seriously, that is like many of Barry's plays. 20+ yards before breaking the line.
                    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Not sure if any of these are what you are referring to, but #5 is kind of what you were describing

[ame]https://youtu.be/GykaB6Fip8U[/ame]
                      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Nick Fairley out for 2017, NFL career in jeopardy with heart ailment

Comment

• His best TD run has to be the one against NE where he spun the defender in a complete circle before running by him and then drug the last defender 5 yards before scoring.

The most hilarious has to be the one against the Cowboys, where #75 finally realizes he's about to be posterized - completely clueless as to Barry went.

Comment

• My favorite BS run was against Da Bears when he was hit off right tackle by 3 defenders and then did a spin move to free himself while the defenders all fell to the ground and watched him take it to the house.

[ame]https://youtu.be/OFB3fVFs3jk[/ame]

Him juking fellow HOF Rod Woodson out of his ACL was a close 2nd

[ame]https://youtu.be/fqFksT8wvXY[/ame]
                            Last edited by Panoptes; June 27, 2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                              His best TD run has to be the one against NE where he spun the defender in a complete circle before running by him and then drug the last defender 5 yards before scoring.

The most hilarious has to be the one against the Cowboys, where #75 finally realizes he's about to be posterized - completely clueless as to Barry went.
                              Iirc, #75 Tony Casillas

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                My favorite BS run was against Da Bears when he was hit off right tackle by 3 defenders and then did a spin move to free himself while the defenders all fell to the ground and watched him take it to the house.

I was at that game.

I had a 32' Class C camper and I bought 8 tickets and rounded up a group. We tailgaited in the parking lot of Veterans Stadium right in the middle of the most diehard Chicago fans.

During that time, I had season tickets at the Dome and I used to love interacting with the opposition in the Dome parking lot before and after the games. I looked forward to the Chicago game for the same reason even though the 8 of us, were on enemy territory.

That play was amazing and the Bear Fans in the stands next to us just shook their heads and fell silent in great disappointment.

I had an outstanding time at that game interacting with the Bear fans and the game went back and forth with the Lions losing on the last play of the game.

An older female Bears fan made her way down from about 5 rows behind me and grabbed my arm as she walked by and told me the people of Detroit should be proud of me and the way I represent my team in a hostile environment.

She made my day.

.......but there was an altercation in the Rest room at half time but, that is a different story.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X