Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purdue's rush defense is certainly nothing special--they are ranked #75 at 169.5 YPG. But Iowa is really no better (ranked #69), nor is Nebraska (#63). It is Illinois (#15) and Ohio State (#26) that shut down the run.

Comment

• Purdue's rushing defense looked pretty good coming in. They played a few good rushing teams before us (ND, Illinois, Penn State) and they did a decent job of keeping the latter two in check. Going into Saturday's game, I was thinking that 200+ yards would be success.

Comment

• True, before us they were giving up 145 YPG, which would have put them at #54 and better than Michigan.

Comment

• Geez, looking at defensive numbers, our pass D is currently #26. Have we just played terrible QB's?

There are a ton of B1G teams in the top 27 in pass D (MSU #1, Wisconsin #4, Penn St. #8, Illinois #11, Nebraska #12, Michigan #26, OSU #27). I'm thinking the entire B1G can't pass the ball worth a shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
            Geez, looking at defensive numbers, our pass D is currently #26. Have we just played terrible QB's?
            No. We have played at least a few teams that have a strong passing game. Our DBs, especially the corners, have played very well this year and the safeties are preventing YAC (except for that screen against Purdue).

Comment

• Yeah, I agree that our pass D has looked good. I just wasn't sure if the teams we played (outside of ND) were good at passing.

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post
                Yeah, both Hoke and Borges have consistently said all year that they're looking for one back to stand out as they prefer having a featured back instead of a running back by committee approach.
                ....... and what have we seen?

Hoke has shown beyond a shadow of a doubt he'll curve the truth to shield what is the reality. The Fort is back.

My bet is that Borges eschewed the running attack for a pass happy WCO until someone with a brain who knows Michigan football (Fred Jackson) told him that wasn't working and the head man (who also knows something about M football) told Borges to listen to the man..

Being real, this wasn't a pound the ball between the hash-marks run game by Toussaint. It was a little bit of trickeration (the sweep with Denard as the decoy that Purdue bit on), a nice cut back run inside that was designed to go outside that Toussaint turned into a 59 yard TD run.

...... but I'll take it.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• RB conspiracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    told Borges to listen to the man..
                    Hey, at least he LISTENED. That's a step in the right direction.

Comment

• The Fitz 2nd TD play was no fluke, and something M needs to use a lot more of.
                      As some have said, although Fitz is fast, he is not getting to the edge against the likes of an O-state (or ughh, 'Bama next year). The misdirection with Denard is key, and they need to practice the Devin to Denard fake handoff until it's convincing. If the defense bites, Fitz has a chance.

Comment

• Back to recruiting...Sam Webb says Jordan Payton may take more visits. Distance is a factor with family. Cal may still be in the running. Still feels good about Darboh. Madaris has not been on campus yet...Michign not the leader for him.
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Dammit. Sounds like Payton is slipping away.

Comment

• Sure what it sounds like..

Comment

• Too bad he had to take that ND visit.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ND isn't much closer to California than Michigan. It's a distance thing. Same is probably true of Zach Banner, according to Mr. Webb.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X