Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy talk.

In your universe Trent Dilfer could have a superbowl ring. Or, Jim Plunkett, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson. Ha.

You Cray Cray.
    Last edited by dpatnod; January 16, 2018, 12:34 AM.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Put Stafford on the Jaguars and you have a Super Bowl winning team.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
        Crazy talk.

In your universe Trent Dilfer could have a superbowl ring. Or, Jim Plunkett, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson. Ha.

You Cray Cray.
        Or Eli Manning for God's sake...

Comment

• Henry, seriously, how would you know that.

Now I see where Stafford playing a really good game against the Bills, they may have won.

But nowhere in his history is there an ounce of indication that he could go into Pittsburgh and out duel Roethlisberger. And the coaching decisions by Tomlin were sketchy.

Then if he did that, then he has to maintain that consistency for a 3rd game in a row that id going to be very good, with possibly of course the greatest QB and coaches of all time.

AND, still if he did that, he would have to do it again in a 4th game in a row.

I just don't see it. The Lions lost to Minnesota, Baltimore, and Cincinnati this year when, If he played well enough in the WHOLE game they may have just made the playoffs.

I wish I could believe that, at least it would give me hope. I'll be very interested to see your predictions for W-L of Lions next year.

Comment

• And just to stir the pot more, I don't believe he is all for the team that he comes off as.

He stated he wanted Cooter back because he is comfortable with him. Cooter said he doesn't know how to fix the running game. Stafford basically said he was more interest in his own comfort level then fixing a problem that by everyone agreed, is contributing to the losses and not helping the QB, who again everyone agrees, needs the help.

Comment

• All these arguments mean nothing btw, Stafford is either going to prove one side full of shit, or the other.

I hope for mine and every Lions fan that he PROVES me full of shit. I'll take the moniker if I can buy a Super Bowl hat that says Lions Super Bowl champs!

Comment

• Nine years running - he's not even come close to proven you full of shit. 4-55, and still looking for the 34 yard line.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                  Henry, seriously, how would you know that.

Now I see where Stafford playing a really good game against the Bills, they may have won.

But nowhere in his history is there an ounce of indication that he could go into Pittsburgh and out duel Roethlisberger. And the coaching decisions by Tomlin were sketchy.

Then if he did that, then he has to maintain that consistency for a 3rd game in a row that id going to be very good, with possibly of course the greatest QB and coaches of all time.

AND, still if he did that, he would have to do it again in a 4th game in a row.

I just don't see it. The Lions lost to Minnesota, Baltimore, and Cincinnati this year when, If he played well enough in the WHOLE game they may have just made the playoffs.

I wish I could believe that, at least it would give me hope. I'll be very interested to see your predictions for W-L of Lions next year.
                  The problem is what you're asking for is impossible. NO QB plays at his highest level from week to week, or even quarter to quarter. Not even Rodgers or Brady.

Hell, I saw from Case Keenum last Sunday about ten wounded ducks that if he had been surrounded by the Lions roster would have led to five INTs. But he's getting ready to be a starting QB in the NFC Championship game because he had the surrounding talent to win those jump balls that Stafford's NEVER had.

Blake Bortles was absolute trash in his last game, but the Jaguars won because he had the supporting talent to overcome a furious comeback from the very sort of QB people like you think the Lions need.

Even if Stafford was the absolute best once-in-a-generation type QB that you think is vital for success, this current franchise's ceiling is what Green Bay is right now.

Something tells me that wouldn't be good enough for you, and you'd be demanding Average Aaron be cut and the Lions looking for that QB that'll take them over the hump and back into the Super Bowl rather than occasionally squeaking out Wild Card round wins.

The rest of the team matters, regardless of what the Hater's Club here claims incessantly.

Comment

• Except you had Keenum and he was playing behind the 8th different O-lineman combination this season. Still wasn't and excuse for them, but if Matty had to do that we'd be choked from all the excuse making.

Comment

• Stafford didn’t have the best defense in the NFL this season. Lions were more like 25th best.

Caldwell going into conservative mode in the 2nd half of the 2014 playoff game @ Dallas, when the Lions #2 ranked D gave up 24 points.
                      Last edited by Cody_Russell; January 16, 2018, 11:30 AM.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

I'll take the moniker if I can buy a Super Bowl hat that says Lions Super Bowl champs!
                        Ever been to Korea? Somalia? Thailand? I'll order you one in mink for crissakes. Finally someone who can be pleased around here. Refreshing.
                        Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                          Of course, beating teams may be part of what made then non-winning teams (at the end of the season).
                          It's funny all the excuses made for Blue skie doesn't get acquainted to MS.

The posted PFF stats scream of subjectivity. Yet no subjectivity is given in his case. Again, people acquaint things to their narrative. And everything else is "fake news." To them.

Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                          So what are you guys saying?

You hope he gets better and you think he's due a breakout season to join the top tier of QB's?

You'd like to cut him/trade him for someone else?
                          Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          You're wasting your time arguing with the He Man Stafford Haters Club.
                          Exactly.

They don't care what he is/can do. They want their QB Jesus to rise above all the other gaffes this FO has done and carry the team to the SB. Drop balls? That's an excuse. Sacks? He should have got rid of it quickly and accurately. The D giving up a lot of points? He should have scored more. No running game? What for? You got MS.

That's their summary. He will NEVER win against winning teams, let alone a playoff game.

Personally, I look at is he ascending or descending? Every year he gets a little bit better. Not coincidentally, the team around him gets better. Surround him with a team and a rb getting 100 yd/gm and his winning percentage is 85%. That's 13.6 wins a year.

Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                          How much of that is down to play calling? How much of that is down to the defence?

He's great at comebacks when the handbrake comes off and he can start slinging instead of dink and dunk. Maybe giving him a bit more freedom to open up earlier in the games, augmented by a running game and better protection in the pocket would stop us falling behind to begin with.
                          IMHO I think that is a small part of it. When the D gets a chance to set up and plan for the down, distance, etc... they get in trouble because Cooter is out of his league. When it comes down to the intelligence of the players on the field, MS has the advantage because he's the smartest guy on the field.

No matter whom the OC is, when MS runs a hurry up Offense they've moved the ball through-out his career.

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                          .....and I predict another wrong prediction.

Matty will win a playoff game.

I have said it before, I say it again (now) and will shut up until he does then just smile knowing.
                          I'm with you MM
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                            IMHO I think that is a small part of it. When the D gets a chance to set up and plan for the down, distance, etc... they get in trouble because Cooter is out of his league. When it comes down to the intelligence of the players on the field, MS has the advantage because he's the smartest guy on the field.

No matter whom the OC is, when MS runs a hurry up Offense they've moved the ball through-out his career.
                            My biggest complaint with the Lions specially since Caldwell is how much they have ignored one of MS's biggest strengths. They do the soft huddle a lot but really even if it's just for 2 or three drives to really push the point why would they never run hurry up outside panic time.

I know some people would say that MS only has the success that he has had in hurry up in garbage time. But we have seen them feel forced into it early in second halfs. I know our Defense isn't deep enough to handle quick 3 and outs by our O. But you should really try to fit it in somewhere in the game plan.
                            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

How many Lions running backs have rushed for 100 yards in a game for Stafford over the last three years?

How many did Le'veon Bell have just last year?

Yeah, Big Ben does it all by himself... or he has the best WR and RB in football.

What does Stafford have?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                                My biggest complaint with the Lions specially since Caldwell is how much they have ignored one of MS's biggest strengths. They do the soft huddle a lot but really even if it's just for 2 or three drives to really push the point why would they never run hurry up outside panic time.

I know some people would say that MS only has the success that he has had in hurry up in garbage time. But we have seen them feel forced into it early in second halfs. I know our Defense isn't deep enough to handle quick 3 and outs by our O. But you should really try to fit it in somewhere in the game plan.
                                Caldwell was trying to kill time so the D was on the field less. Scoring was almost secondary.
                                Apathetic No More.

Comment

Working...
                                X