X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Very expensive for out of state students, unfortunately."

USC is very expensive for all. It's a private university

As for Detroit Dan: "Never heard of the others"

Never heard of Briles? What are you doing. living under a rock?

Comment

I looked up Briles and see that he just got fired. So I don't think he will be one of the top coaches going forward.

Comment

I bet Briles gets another coaching job no later than the beginning of the 2017 season.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I was tongue in cheek when I mentioned Briles. The criteria was "famous". He's certainly well known now! But to your actual point about celebrity coaches, it's a three horse race and the rest of the pack is waaaay back in the rearview.

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            I bet Briles gets another coaching job no later than the beginning of the 2017 season.
            I bet he receives a lengthy show cause that prevents that from happening.

Comment

I hope you're right, Mike.

If he did what has been reported, he should never have another HC job again.

Comment

Just watched a video on M Live of Harbaugh working at the Atlanta satellite camp.

Man, I'm so proud to have this guy as our HC.

Michigan hit the jackpot when they got Harbaugh back. Thank you San Francisco 49ers.

Absolutely the most significant hire in Michigan football history since Schembechler.

Comment

Highly expect a lengthy show cause like Tressel.

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Man, I'm so proud to have this guy as our HC.
                    Amen
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

LOL, and Saban is worried about satellite camps? If you ask me, good old prison ought to do the trick.

I guess there is law higher than man's on the Alabama campus, so it appears Robinson will answer to Saban. LOL

Robinson's status with Alabama pending legal action
                      by Dylan Perego Jun 02, 10:16 AM

Cam Robinson's future with Alabama remains up in the air, and head coach Nick Saban believes team action will reflect the results of the legal process surrounding the standout offensive tackle.

Saban is taking his time in determining an exact form of discipline for his star player. Robinson, along with teammate Hootie Jones, was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and possessing a handgun in the presence of drugs last month in West Monroe, LA.

Robinson also received a felony charge for possessing a stolen firearm in the incident.

"It's the first time Cam has ever had an issue or a problem," Saban told Chris Low of ESPN. "We're handling it and managing it internally and making him do things to hopefully change his behavior. I'm waiting to see how this whole legal thing plays out, because it's not really what it seems to be."

Both Robinson and Jones were reportedly at a shooting range earlier that night. Robinson had purchased the gun a year prior, but never registered it. He claims he did not know the gun was stolen.

Robinson has been touted by some to be a potential top-10 pick in next year's NFL draft.
                      Last edited by Prime2; June 3, 2016, 07:31 AM.
                      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

These HC's must cringe when they hear the shit these kids get into these days. There's just so much trouble out there for them and really no place to hide.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Michigan vs. Alabama becoming college football's most desired matchup
                          Forget about the satellite camps. Focus on the potential for a dream matchup between Alabama and Michigan with coaches Nick Saban and Jim Harbaugh, instead...

Predictably, we're eating this up.

We speculate about how much Harbaugh gets under Saban's skin, chastise Harbaugh for trying to put himself in the same class as the five-time national champion and entrench ourselves with our beliefs on, of all things, a summer football camp for high school kids...

It's not the matchup that would save college football — the sport is fine. It’s not even the best coaching matchup in college football right now. That’s still Saban vs. Urban Meyer, who led Ohio State to a 42-13 win against Michigan in Ann Arbor last year.

Harbaugh needs to beat Meyer before he can even think about Saban. But we’ve seen Saban vs. Meyer four times, and there’s a good chance we’ll see that one again. Those two have eight national championships between them.

Harbaugh’s persona brings something different to the table. He is page views and eyeballs. He has become the dominant personality in college football, somehow bigger than Saban and Meyer. Fans enjoy watching Michigan lose — remember the reaction to the punt fumble against Michigan State — as much as they enjoy watching Alabama lose. If these two ever cross paths, somebody goes down...

Those who think Harbaugh would wilt at the mere sight of Saban should look at the 2012 NFL regular-season matchup against New England and Bill Belichick. Harbaugh-led San Francisco jumped out to a 31-10 lead after three quarters in Foxborough before holding off a Tom Brady rally for a 41-34 victory.

If Michigan gets to the College Football Playoff, that means they will have beaten Michigan State and Ohio State. That also means they would have a team capable of playing with the Crimson Tide.

Would Alabama fans prefer a rematch with Meyer or a shot at Harbaugh given the choice? Saban has beaten Bob Stoops, Mack Brown, Les Miles, Brian Kelly and Dabo Swinney to clinch national championships. Would a win against Harbaugh trump all those victories?

It’s a matchup that might never happen – keep in mind Saban turns 65 in October. Conference championships and playoff matchups are tough to predict, and a lot of things have to happen for dream matchups like these to materialize. Yet the SEC and Big Ten have enough bowl ties to make that happen should both teams miss the Playoff.

Still, the bigger the stage, the better this would be. Alabama and Michigan have combined to claim 27 national championships. Imagine them playing for the next one.
                          (emphasis added)
                          Last edited by Detroit Dan; June 3, 2016, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Wow. I didn't realize Satan was that old.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Unfortunately i remember all too well the last match up with Saban.

Comment

This is the part of the daft article I would have bolded:

It's not the matchup that would save college football — the sport is fine. It’s not even the best coaching matchup in college football right now. That’s still Saban vs. Urban Meyer, who led Ohio State to a 42-13 win against Michigan in Ann Arbor last year.

Harbaugh needs to beat Meyer before he can even think about Saban. But we’ve seen Saban vs. Meyer four times, and there’s a good chance we’ll see that one again. Those two have eight national championships between them.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X