Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A nice write-up on Zak Irvin. It looks like a good defender is on the way. I do recall seeing highlights or GR III last year and it was Irvin and not Gary Harris that took the challenge to defend him.:

Class of 2013 Michigan commitment Zak Irvin has had a successful senior season by almost all measures. Irvin is averaging 25 points and nine rebounds per game while leading Hamilton Southeastern to a 16-3 record thus far. Irvin hasn’t just kept playing well without current Michigan State Spartan Gary Harris alongside of him in the […]

Comment

• Yup, Irvin has had a reputation as a good defender for awhile. He'll be a big contributor from day 1.

Comment

• By the way, ESPN has updated their rankings. Irvin is #24, Walton #35 and Donnal is at #86. I think they all moved up a little bit.

Comment

• Donnal's big and has a shot, right? That's good news.

Comment

• Yes. 6'8" or 6'9", depending on the recruiting service. He is supposed to be the prototypical "Beilein Four".

Speaking of heights, Irvin's is listed at 6'6" on some sites/articles and 6'7" on others.
            Last edited by *JD*; February 22, 2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Logjam! One of these undersized fours is going to have to start out of position at the three. Beilein will just have to coach around the unfortunate size advantage at that position...

Comment

• umhoops is reporting that Marial Shayok, (2014 ESPN #55) is now listing Michigan as one of the teams recruiting him.He is listed at 6'4" on some sites and 6'6" on others.

Comment

• Booker is blowing up, getting interest from most everyone (NC, Duke, Kentucky, Florida, etc). He's probably a top 15-20 overall recruit and that might be a sign M's chances are dropping.

Comment

• Why, just because he's blowing up? Michigan was the first to offer and he's always noted that and his mom lives in Grand Rapids. I like M's chances as much as any, no matter who gets involved. The other offers were a long time coming.

Comment

• Duke offered Booker when he made an unofficial visit there over the weekend.

However, he still has other unofficial visits planned (including Michigan for the IU game) this month and says he's going to wait until fall to take official visits.

It doesn't sound like he's in any rush.

Comment

• Big recruiting day this Sunday:

Sunday is not just Michigan’s biggest home game of the season, the Wolverines will also host their biggest recruiting day as well. John Beilein and his staff plan to host both class of 2014 prospects with outstanding offers, Devin Booker and Trevon Bluiett, as well as the two 2014 targets that appear most likely to […]

Comment

• All of M's top '14 targets will be there.

Comment

• Michigan has a 2014 commitment from power forward Ricky Doyle.

Comment

• He's another one that seems to fall under the "diamond in the rough" category. He was just starting to get interest from a lot of schools.

Miami, Boston College, Purdue, Kansas State, Penn State, Washington, Stanford and USC were all heavily recruiting the talented post player. His official offers included Boston College, Stanford, Virginia, Purdue, Penn State and Miami
                              He missed a lot of time this season with a broken foot and didn't play AAU ball, so that is a big part why he's under the radar.
                              I don't think he'll rise like McGary did but I can see him being in the top 100, maybe top 75 if he keeps improving like he has. He's listed at 6'9" 235 and is averaging 22 points and 7 rebounds this year.

Here he is at yesterday's game with his family.

They're still going to be waiting a while on Devin Booker but at least this gets the ball rolling for 2014.

Comment

• Definitely will be a 4 star by the tiime it's over. Get 2 more top 50 guys(Booker, Bluiett and/or Edwards) and I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X