No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't know MSU is playing Boise. Kewl.

Comment

• No, what I read is Missouri pays royalties to Michigan for Missouri's use of its logo it share with M; which M had copyrighted. Not sure if true...

Big XII is getting every bit as bad as the SEC at scheduling nobody of consequence in OOC other than their ongoing rivalries. This imo is likely to change now that they lost 4 of their stronger programs; Colorado, Nebraska, Texas A&M & Missouri. Oklahoma or Texas is going to need a better resume than beating everyone in the Big XII if they want to be taken seriously.
      Last edited by WM Wolverine; February 23, 2012, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• I can't imagine anyone with a Big12 TV contract is happy with their scheduling.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Re: MSU playing at CMU. The only way the general public can/could get a ticket for that game is if you bought last year's season tickets, and this year's season tickets. There will be no individual game tickets sold for that game.

I wonder how many Sparty fans bought season tickets for the Chips last year, and will do so again this year?
          Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• Sparty afraid to leave the state?

9 games in Michigan this season; 2 away games in Michigan; CMU & Michgan... Only games they'll leave the state is for Indiana, Wisky & Minnesota.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
              Sparty afraid to leave the state?

9 games in Michigan this season; 2 away games in Michigan; CMU & Michgan... Only games they'll leave the state is for Indiana, Wisky & Minnesota.

very SEC
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Well, they won't have a home field advantage in Ann Arbor. And, if CMU's ticket policy works out, they'll be well represented, but not a majority in Mt. Pleasant.
                Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• The rules we were discussing re: a player losing his helmet and kick-offs have been passed. Great.

Denard (and other players with a lot of hair) will miss at least one play a game, if not more, as will a lot of RBs and OLinemen, I would imagine.

Comment

• Really stupid rule on a player losing his helmet.

Comment

• Anyone know the rationale behind the kickoff rule? It seems counterintuitive to me.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• They don't like the potential for injury on kickoff returns, expect lots more touchbacks but touchbacks will be brought out to the 25yd line.

Comment

• But doesn't bringing touchbacks out to the 25 encourage teams not to kick touchbacks?
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• No.

Unintended consequence .......

The pro kickers look to hit inside the ten yard line between the hash and sideline. This forces the kick return team to run it or face the ball being downed inside the 10 by the kicking team. I think I read somewhere that the potential for a turnover under these circumstances increases by about 30% while the chances of advancing the ball to the 20 is 50/50.

CFB coaching staffs are smart. The NCAA isn't. No surprise involving this stupid rule here.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The one I have an issue with is the penalty against players leaping over blockers on punts. I imagine everyone is going to go to shield protection schemes now, because blocking punts against that scheme ought to be just about impossible.

Comment

• Oregon almost certainly facing a failure to monitor charge when their notice of alleged infractions comes in...

The NCAA is alleging Oregon violated the organization's regulations in the way it used recruiting services over the past four years.

Comment

Working...
                                X