No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate Boston but you’re right. They’re swimming in flexibility with all they’re young talent and picks.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Funny enough, Boston did their own kind of "tanking," at least in the sense that they willingly sacrificed wins at the time trading good players for draft assets rather than foolishly try to challenge Lebron James at the height of his powers.

A LOT of Celtics fans were pissed about that at the time, complaining that Ainge was scared of making a move by sitting on a ton of assets rather than trade them for players while signing big money FAs.

Comment

• Yeah I remember that. A lot were calling for his head.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Would you hire Dwayne Casey? He couldn’t win with Toronto but it looked like he had no one that could reasonably defend LeBron. Maybe he can get more out of Drummond and this group.

Comment

• I wish they would interview Jay Wright.

But I'd be ok with Casey.

Comment

• The thing I’m surprised with is how Jay Wright’s salary is only $2.6 million. Though Nova is a really small school... that’s a part of it.
              With the success Wright has had and being a top 5 college coach... thought the salary would be $5 million+. Wright loves Philadelphia... but if the Pistons were to match SVG salary ($7 million), that’d be quite the raise.

Pistons have a 2.5% shot of getting a top 3 pick during the NBA lotto tonight. Telling me there’s a chance.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I wonder what that up and comer Lawrence Frank is doing
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Frank is in a bridge club with Keuster and Curry. They are a force.

Comment

• And with the 42nd pick of the 2018 nba draft the Pistons select......

Comment

• Jay Wright is a college coach, I doubt his coaching translates to the pro game. Most college coaches can't translate. To make a difference as an NBA coach you have to command the players attention and really be a great at x's and o's. Wright's calling card is player improvement so he has that going for him.

The Pistons need to find their Brad Stevens, but I'm not sure there is one.

Comment

• SVG was a “Build a f*cking wall” guy..
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Stevens was a college coach. I don't know if Wright is right for the job. But I'd offer him an interview to inquire.

Comment

• College coaches to the NBA ... mixed results overall I believe... the last three have been decent or better.
                            Brad Stevens - legendary
                            Billy Donovan - ok
                            Fred Hoiberg - ok

Each have been better than SVG.
                            The Pistons will likely go with the recycle path and hire a Mike Brown/ Frank Vogel type ... fire them after 2-3 disappointing seasons... and start over in purgatory again.
                            They could hire Dwayne Casey so he can prove how that coach of the year vote is not accurate.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              SVG was a ?Build a f*cking wall? guy..
                              (peeks head in room)

I like this guy already.

(ducks out of room)
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Stevens was young plus he wasn't a program coach. The problem with a guy like Wright is his success is based on building a program. He is not some whiz with the whiteboard. almost every college coach is lost when they go to the pros, they don't have the chops drawing up plays. Jay Wright would be as successful as John Calipari in the NBA

The problem with Van Gundy were numerous, but coaching wise he didn't evolve. Sure he got to the NBA with one center and 4 shooters. But nowadays that is the standard.

Comment

Working...
                                X