Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is lazy trolling.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And apparently effective. So, if it requires minimal effort and incites the target audience, that's what I call efficient.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's weird with Kapture. Often memes like that are a crutch - ``I don't know much about this myself but here's a vague stab at something". But every now and again the guy comes up with a post that reminds you he's not stupid either.

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
          the likelihood that 60-70% of the memes Kapture posts were themes created for the purpose of enhancing political tumult by foreign entities
          Last edited by Kapture1; March 21, 2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            And apparently effective. So, if it requires minimal effort and incites the target audience, that's what I call efficient.
            They are highly efficient.

They require minimal effort and they resonate with general internet culture. Ex: The_Donald or any other shit-posting advocacy. Or any other FB-spawned group that exists solely to obscure/misdirect/dilute w/ viral internet campaigns.

Unsure how you confuse acknowledging the impact they are having and calling those out who use them for what they are as an action conducted sheerly out of personal annoyance. I'm discouraged about it, more than anything.

Arguing that Obama's effectiveness against Russia is equal to Trump's posturing to obscure his admiration is weak. You said Ukrainian Aid was the tie-break between two generally ineffective admins v. Russia. This isn't true, but it is a convenient portrayal of truth to excuse Trump.

The distilled point wouldn't be Obama exclusively. That is just the common well, it seems.

It's all WHATABOUTISM if you are looking to pinch lexicon pennies.

Comment

• I really can't tell who you're attributing arguments to other than the point about the US agreement to sell arms to the Ukraine including Javelins.

So, meh -- whatever. Keep on get sucked in by Kapture's memes and defending PBHO when PDJT is the actual issue. Stellar.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
                  They are highly efficient.

They require minimal effort and they resonate with general internet culture. Ex: The_Donald or any other shit-posting advocacy. Or any other FB-spawned group that exists solely to obscure/misdirect/dilute w/ viral internet campaigns.

Unsure how you confuse acknowledging the impact they are having and calling those out who use them for what they are as an action conducted sheerly out of personal annoyance. I'm discouraged about it, more than anything.

Arguing that Obama's effectiveness against Russia is equal to Trump's posturing to obscure his admiration is weak. You said Ukrainian Aid was the tie-break between two generally ineffective admins v. Russia. This isn't true, but it is a convenient portrayal of truth to excuse Trump.

The distilled point wouldn't be Obama exclusively. That is just the common well, it seems.

It's all WHATABOUTISM if you are looking to pinch lexicon pennies.
                  have you seen the Russian memes? They are just like the left... the Russians can't meme.

All of the Russian Facebook ads changed a total of 0 votes. No one looked at them and said "yep, I am now voting for Trump"
                  Last edited by Kapture1; March 21, 2018, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Riiiiight. You must be unfamiliar with the Hitler/Goebbels "Big Lie" process - tell the lie often enough and people will eventually believe it. Trump and his minions employ this tactic relentlessly. "There was no Russian meddling in the election." "Donald Trump is being framed by the FBI both during and after the election." "The left thinks revealing Russian interference will invalidate the election." "The federal investigation is based upon a dossier." "Ignore that the National Security Advisor, 3 campaign officials and 13 Russians are under indictment - WITCH HUNT!!" And on and on and on. Problem is that the intellectually stunted and reality challenged buy into that nonsense. And yes, it does affect the way people vote. Its my fear that our electoral process will devolve into little more than memes and lies ON BOTH SIDES, and it seems to be well on the way. Trump has simply updated that 1930's methodology into the 21st century. Another win for PDJT.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Ghengis Jon; March 21, 2018, 04:57 PM.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Technically it doesn't say collusion. Which is why Mueller is investigating him.

Comment

• anyone know when sending bombs to targeted victims in the mail is terrorism and when it is not?
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Depends on the prosecutor. Last year, a student at a local school verbally threatened to put a lighter under a fire sprinkler to set them off as to end the school day early. She was arrested for making terrorist threats (would cause fear). Charges were dropped later.

If you read the federal statute, just about anything can be called terrorism if it disturbs the peace.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I rather doubt that was a serious question as much as thinly veiled whataboutism.

Comment

• Also, doesn’t seem to get much run here, but kudos to armed Maryland school employee who stepped up and did his job.

Comment

• Absofuckinglutely.

Comment

Working...
                                X