X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm partial to Sesame Chicken, my daughter loves the Almond Chicken

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
      We had this very discussion when AA first found his way and I brought up these very 2. Don't understand Tabasco.
      I like all hot sauces but they have to be hot. I like Tabasco on eggs.

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/LJdumFFPLqA[/ame]

Comment

• I love the new found respect the left has for Lindsey Graham

"The people coming across the southern border live in hellholes. They don’t like that. They want to come here. Our problem is we can’t have everybody in the world who lives in a hellhole come to America" -Lindsey Graham 2013

How's that new found respect workin out?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            I like all hot sauces but they have to be hot. I like Tabasco on eggs.
            I've never understood why hot sauce, or even worse ketchup, can be used on eggs. I love eggs, but even the thought of putting that stuff on them really grosses me out. Why ruin a perfect food?
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Because most everything needs hot sauce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                I love the new found respect the left has for Lindsey Graham

"The people coming across the southern border live in hellholes. They don?t like that. They want to come here. Our problem is we can?t have everybody in the world who lives in a hellhole come to America" -Lindsey Graham 2013

How's that new found respect workin out?
                Yeah, right -wing media is attempting to recast this as "why are all these progs objecting to profanity? Biden said 'fuck' and no one cared! LOL GOTCHA! :::Insert pepe cartoon:::"

Trump, of course, questioned the value of anyone coming from Haiti or any of the 'shithole' countries of Africa. And that it'd be nice to get some good ol Aryan blood into the USofA instead. Not only is that pretty racist, it conflicts with the Republican message that their reform wants to focus on the individual merits of immigrants and not sweeping judgments against entire groups based on national origin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  I've never understood why hot sauce, or even worse ketchup, can be used on eggs. I love eggs, but even the thought of putting that stuff on them really grosses me out. Why ruin a perfect food?
                  I was there with you until we lived in Mexico for a summer. That was relevatory.

There's a pretty common habanero sauce there that's a hair above that I can't find here, but at this point the name is forgotten and the label appearance a vague memory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Yeah, right -wing media is attempting to recast this as "why are all these progs objecting to profanity? Biden said 'fuck' and no one cared! LOL GOTCHA! :::Insert pepe cartoon:::"

Trump, of course, questioned the value of anyone coming from Haiti or any of the 'shithole' countries of Africa. And that it'd be nice to get some good ol Aryan blood into the USofA instead. Not only is that pretty racist, it conflicts with the Republican message that their reform wants to focus on the individual merits of immigrants and not sweeping judgments against entire groups based on national origin.
                    The left is pretending Graham is their new best friend and so brave, oh we have so much respect for him now, standing up to Trump's mean words. Go read his twitter feed on his recent response to DACA, the left is busting a nut over Linsdey haha

Problem for you is you dont have the context of which these things were said. Was he talking about chain migration? Was he talking about refugee protection? Was he talking about visa lottery? Because if it were lottery then the act of choosing country of origin as the only criteria for immigration preference, then it becomes difficult to call what he said racist. Especially if you are givin a choice between S Korea and Russia, one asian and one white, you would choose S Korea all day. Why? They have an existing basis of western democracy where Russia doesn't at all. Assimilation would be easier for S Koreans than Russians. Is what i just said racist against white people?
                    Last edited by Kapture1; January 13, 2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• I can attest to the taste of hot sauce (that term used loosely) in Mexico. Mexican cuisine served in Mexico is different than that served in the US.

The heat is much more subtle in traditional dishes and there are some delicious habanero flavors as Hack notes above.

My take is that Mexican dishes served in that country aren't nearly as hot as they are made out to be and ruinously served in the US. Heat should never over-power the meal and in the US, chefs seem to think more is better. It's not.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• It's important to know the background of the 1965 Immigration Act that many Republicans now love to badmouth and what the laws were before it existed.

Up until the 1920's there were virtually no restrictions on white immigration. The Chinese were completely banned from living in the US thanks to a federal law passed in 1882, with few exceptions; this was later broadened in 1924 to exclude nearly all Asians after 'too many' Japanese settled in California. The total ban on Asian immigration citizens was finally lifted after WWII upon ally China's strong request.

But anyways in 1924, in the wave of white nationalism, anti-Catholicism, and isolationism that grew after WWI, passed the first comprehensive federal immigration laws. The law set a maximum quota by country of origin. The formula worked like this, using Greeks as an example. Take the total number of Greeks living in the United States in according to the 1890 census. Now take 2% of that number. That's the total number of Greeks that will be allowed into the US annually.

Using 30-year-old (by 1924) census data was by design, not accident. As most are aware, the 1880-1920 period saw the biggest waves of immigrants in our history. But the immigrants were mainly from southern and eastern Europe, and also included thousands of Jews for the first time. This law was passed in explicit reaction to that...nativists were horrified at the ethnicities now pouring into the country. So they chose a baseline before the majority of these 'new immigrants' had arrived.

And it worked. Immigration on the whole dropped dramatically. Immigration from the 'undesirable' parts of Europe retreated. Keeping out Africans and Hispanics wasn't really what the authors of that bill were aiming at, but it obviously allowed only miniscule numbers of immigrants from any of those countries until the 1965 Act overthrew this system.

Comment

• Mexican food in Mexico is odd in that it's either greasy oversalted crap or totally sublime but posh. Cheap eats in that country are most often cheap in not necessarily the right way. But I never found it to be prohibitively hot, I agree with that. Nor do I find heat in the US to be all that hot, unless it's one of those too-hot-are-you-up-for-the-challenge? menu items.

Comment

• My 5 favorite chess players:

1. Paul Morphy. Most consider him the first true world champion. Morphy started as a child prodigy from New Orleans in the mid 1800's and was considered the strongest player in the city by age 9. By his teens he was developing attacking strategies that were 100 years ahead of their time. To make the games competitive, he would often play at knight-odds or blindfolded, or play against teams, like in this famous game against Duke Karl and Count Isouard in Paris, 1858:

[ame]https://youtu.be/BOTlaPiWMJQ[/ame]

Morphy was from a prominent Louisiana family and he excelled at academics. First graduating from Spring Hill College and then later from (what is now called) Tulane law school before he was old enough to even practice law. It is said he had an eidetic memory and could cite the entire set of Louisiana codes from memory.

Morphy, not able to practice law yet, travelled Europe playing the world's top players and made short work of them. Several top players, like Staunton, famously avoided playing him. After his world chess tour, he retired from chess, spoke against the South's role in the Civil War (losing local favor as a result), and died of a stroke after a stroll through New Orleans on a particularly hot day at the age of 47.

#2 coming soon...
                            Last edited by AlabamAlum; January 13, 2018, 10:44 AM.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• HOW LONG AM I GONNA HAVE TO WAIT?????

Comment

• Fuckin' AA and his filibusters...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X