Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much hops for me right now. Octoberfest. I'd like to see the microbrews pay attention long enough to make a good and balanced Octoberfest. So few of them seem to focus on loagers.

Comment

• loagers? loogie-flavored lagers?

Comment

• Seriously, though, if you're looking for a good microbrewery lager, look here:

Welcome to Wolverine!

We are the proud home of the Lager Revolution - the only microbrewery in Michigan that specializes in making lagers for everyone. What does this mean? It means that from light to dark, every beer we brew is designed to be a beer you can love.

Comment

• They're OK. No reason not to buy German though. Americans have outdone their ale ancestors, but can't beat their lager ones.

Comment

• Great Lakes is my tried and true. Though, there is an awesome growler store just down the street with 50 beers on tap at all times. Always a good time to take my 3 or 4 --- or 5 growlers down and try some new beers.

On the recruiting front....USC trainwreck seems like it ought to put JuJu Smith legimately in play for lots of schools, including OSU and M. I had him as a virtual USC lock, but I'm not so sure any more.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Juju I've been assuming is going to stay on the west coast but he's shown more than casual interest in the B10/ND.

Comment

• Talent knows Talent.

He also knows beer.

BTW Grand Rapids was declaired "Beer City USA" by a national media. I suspect the Dutch Calvinists are rolling in their graves.

Comment

• BTW Grand Rapids was declaired "Beer City USA" by a national media. I suspect the Dutch Calvinists are rolling in their graves.
                  You know it, Geezer! Grand Rapids now is NOT the Grand Rapids I grew up near. I moved away from a quiet, conservative, no night-life city when I left for college back in the mid 70's. I've always had family there and still do, so it's been fun watching all the building and modernization downtown, while seeing also the introduction of several minor-league sports teams and how they've thrived there. Metropolitan GR is now over 1,000,000 people (according to the latest census data), I don't know that they'll ever get a Major League franchise in any sport (although they did have a successful one in Arena Football before the league folded a few years ago), but it sure would be exciting to see.

The "Beer City" thing is something I never saw coming, though. It just exploded there over the last decade; I honestly have no idea how many microbreweries there are in GR but I plan on trying to find out and someday hit 'em all.

Comment

• Rob:

I attach a LipDub that Grand Rapids produced after they were included in a group of cities that also included Flint and Saginaw. Most of the billionaires and millionaires in GR take part in singing American Pie. Ebert declaired this the best LipDub ever. It really captures the attitude of GR.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPjjZCO67WI"]The Grand Rapids LipDub (NEW WORLD RECORD) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• That GR LipDub was fantastic!
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Watching Denard and Devin the last few years, I wonder why Michigan isn't recruiting dual threat QBs. Devin's escapability was a huge factor in the Notre Dame game. I understand why they pursued Shane Morris. He's was a very highly rated QB in their backyard, and he's not exactly immoblie. But Speight is not going to be a threat to run for a first down. Just curious to see how it goes in the future.

Wow...someone posted this same thing on MGoBlog too. I looked over there right after I posted here.
                        Last edited by Rocky Bleier; September 12, 2013, 10:43 AM.
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Most highly-rated dual threat QB's are looking for a spread team to land with. Michigan is admittedly not going to be a spread team anymore.

I agree a more mobile QB is the way to go, but Hokeorges wants a more downhill team, with the RB's carrying the running load. They just want the QB to hand off and/or pass.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I just want someone who can at least scramble for first downs. M doesn't beat ND without Devin's legs.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I think Hoke and crew are obsessed with reducing variance and a good (not great) dual threat guy increases variance in a big way. Look at Denard. As much as I love the guy, he was unbelievably variable.

That said, it's not like Speight and Morris are Navarre like statues.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Rocky is right. I do think there are pro-style QBs who are great athletes and CAN run if necessary. David Cornwall is an example. If Gardner has a good season or two, there will be good athletes who want to improve their draft stock by playing with a pro-style offense. Gardner has moved to # 16 overall on one mock NFL draft already. You simply make more money if you choose the pro-style path and learn to run rather than a runner trying to learn to pass.

BTW, Speight had over 50 yards rushing last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X