Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're agreeing with me on the risk of shot gun formations, I was referring to the offense being at or inside its own 20, not the opponent's 20.

I love the shotgun in the red zone. The defense has to account for the QB if he's a run threat, which DG certainly is. ND did that well sometimes and sometimes not so well but DG scored twice on (1) a designed run play and (2) on an improvised run play.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I would have sent someone just to force Rees to go to his left. Whether you get to him or not it would have made him uncomfortable.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Listening to Sam Webb this morning -- Tim Settle didn't get an offer. Very very strange. I realize we wouldn't be favored to land the kid, but how do you not offer the #1 DT in the nation when he takes an unofficial visit to your school and he's buddies with a guy that you are favored to land?

Comment

• On blitzing ..... I agree with that to an extent but I think we've seen solid play out of everyone who has played SS and FS, especially tackling.

Moreover, when Mattison blitzes, as I understand it, he relies more on excellent man coverage from his CBs than he does on rolling a S over. The Ss in Mattison's D, when he blitzes, appear to play center field to cut off a receiver that gets open down field and then makes a catch.

They've proven themselves more now, so we might see some more willingness maybe...

Comment

• Did Burrell get an offer? Settle not being offered is indeed strange, unless an offer to him would have affected McDowell's or Hand's recruitment.

Does anyone know if the SEC powers are still giving only one year scholarships?

Comment

• Burrell didn't get an offer either.

Comment

• Marshon Lattimore blocking potential game-winning FG on Friday:

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• hops

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                    hops
                    Ale

Comment

• amen

Comment

• No, yeast. Helps to rise.

Comment

• you can put yeast in whatever it is that you drink, hack. I prefer my ale to have a generous helping of hops

Comment

• Hey, don't ever tell me this group doesn't have FOCUS!

Comment

• American microbrews can be completely awesome, but I'm anti-hops these days because that's what they are -- hops vehicles. I am rediscovering Germany. Need to take a break from the ridiculous-hops beers.

Comment

• IPA
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X