This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class of '12 recruiting board, including some reaches:

RB: Wes Brown, Greg Garmon & David Perkins...
    WR: Jordan Payton, Jehu Chesson & Monty Mondaris...
    OL: Jordan Diamond, Joshua Garnett & Evan Boehm...
    TE: Sam Grant...
    CB: Yuri Wright & Armani Reeves...

Not sure where M is numbers (4 or 5 scholarships left) wise but I'd like to see them land one from each position group.

Comment

• Any chance we take an extra WR now with our best RB off the board? We really need two blue-chippers in this class and Chesson seems like a pretty "meh" propspect.

Comment

• I would like a 3rd WR in this class, Mandaris isn't a favorite of mine though if the scholarship is open I'd take him. But the coaches have told receiver recruits they'll only take two but imo they could certainly use a third, especially if Justice Hayes sticks at running back...

Chesson is a bit more than a 'meh' prospect, he's a good sized and speedy (4.5'ish) wideout that is described as being pretty raw and a bit of a project. He'll likely get a redshirt and could be ready to contribute when he's needed in '14 after Gallon, Dileo & J Jackson graduate.

Comment

• WM

Do you expect Hayes to see any action at the Sugar Bowl? What is the assessment on Rawls?

Comment

• Any news, when Paroh Brown , took another visit, didn't the #1 or #2 ranked TE out of CA plan to visit?
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• DeVeon Smith will be, IMO, at least as highly regarded coming out of HS as Touissant. And M is in extremely good position with him.

Also, I've heard that UFM is unlikely to offer Taco Charlton. Or Jake Butt.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hayes is redshirting, we won't see him till the spring...

Rawls is a slightly undersized, power back for what Hoke is looking for. Rawls is probably 5'9" without shoes. Ideally in Hoke's offense, he wants an explosive back whose 6'0", 225 lb's who can both shed tacklers, gain tough yardage and outrun LB'ers when he gets beyond the second level...

Justice Hayes is more exciting to me than Rawls, he impressed people the most 'in space' which tends to say, slot receiver. Showed terrific hands at camps when he drilled with the receivers. He's about the size of Toussaint or will be by he sees the field but he's probably has more speed and cuts better than FT. Toussaint is special because of his toughness and vision; he's no Mike Hart but he does a good job of following his blockers and exploding when there is open space to run through.

Comment

• Taylor McNamara TE isn't going to happen... Good news from talent on DeVeon Smith RB for '13; Toussaint was underrated imo and practice report on him were he was always productive just rarely healthy till this season...

Some people are really high on Jake Butt, I'm not one of them though I haven't really dug much info about him yet. He's shown interest in playing outside the B10.

Comment

• There's an argument on the "insider" board about which RB is better: Ty Isaac or Derrick Green (I lean solidly to the former)...but it also broke into a "I'd take Smith over Green" argument, too. Number of people really like him. MJD type back, they say. Runs extremely well and hard in traffic.

Quick question -- where does M stand with Pharoah Brown? Is he off the board? I think that kid could end up being a steal. I'd like to see him play hoops. He's supposed to be really good -- which is usually a pretty good sign for a TE.

Comment

• Brown is a Duck apparently with M losing interest in him after talking to him after his visit to Eugene, nothing official yet.

Comment

• Toussaint is special because of his toughness and vision; he's no Mike Hart but he does a good job of following his blockers and exploding when there is open space to run through.

You're certainly right about him not being Mike Hart... he has another gear altogether and is a home run threat when a hole opens up.

Comment

• Boy, it's good to have an SOB who can recruit back at Michigan.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; December 14, 2011, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• RichGOD could recruit....just not really good players.

Comment

• Just out of curiousity:

The dead period begins Dec 17, I'm assuming because bowl games begin. When does this period end and what can or will happen from that time til signing day.

One thing I'd like to say about Dunn, as much as I would have liked him to be a Wolverine, at least the kid didn't make a circus out of his commit like one person I know.

Comment

• I think the dead period begins the 19th. It ends on January 3rd. I think it's just what is sounds like:

During a dead period, coaches cannot:
                                • Make in-person recruiting contacts
                                • Conduct in-person evaluations -- on or off-campus
                                • Schedule official campus visits
                                • Allow unofficial campus visits
                                • Offer complimentary tickets to games
                                The only permissible communications during a dead period are phone calls (limited by NCAA regulations to one call per week) and correspondence.

Comment

Working...
                                X