X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ame]https://twitter.com/SheaPatterson_1/status/940281651317411840[/ame]

Comment

• Talent:

How do the recruiting services treat something like Patterson to UM? I don't see much difference between a JUCO transferring in and Patterson transferring in. I know they treat a JUCO just the same as a HS recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
        The only thing I saw on film that I didn't like was his tendency to force throws into tight coverage. He has that gun-slinger mentality that will result in some costly turnovers from time to time.
        You know who else did that? Alex Hornibrook. And Wisconsin's offense was a lot more successful than ours because of it. Sling it!

Comment

• Agreed. Patterson is not perfect and for lack of better phrasing, is not the be all end all solution to UM's offensive woes from last year. But given those woes, UM and Harbaugh are correct in seeking anything and everything out there in an attempt to make the offense better. In other words, they need all the help that they can get - so take the help.

Comment

• lol

[ame]https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/940301001726287874[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
              You know who else did that? Alex Hornibrook. And Wisconsin's offense was a lot more successful than ours because of it. Sling it!
              Bad example. Hornibrook floats a lot of passes. Patterson guns the ball in. Also, Hornibrook's interceptions were a concern for the Wisconsin offense all season long. In fact, the championship game ended when he threw an INT to a covered TE.

Besides, I said it was the one thing about him that gave me concern.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Making Finebaum upset is an added bonus of taking Patterson.

Comment

• As most here tend to agree, we don’t know if Shea is going to be like a Russell Wilson to Wisconsin caliber transfer. Too many questions about system change and Shea’s production at Ole Miss. Great to take a shot given the potential.
                  Remembering Russell Wilson at NC St, he made throws that shocked me... particularly his Bowl game vs Rutgers. Such a great player, it was more of a sure thing how Wilson was going to affect Wisconsin.
                  Shea? High potential. So uncertain.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The Wolverine
                    Michigan redshirt freshman quarterback Brandon Peters isn't going anywhere.

We spoke with his father, David Peters, in the wake of Ole Miss sophomore quarterback Shea Patterson announcing his commitment to the Wolverines, who confirmed his son loves Michigan.

"Brandon welcomes competition," Peters said. "If you don’t welcome it then why would you play a sport. He loves U-M and is preparing along with the team to play in the Outback Bowl. Then get ready to compete in the spring. If you know Coach [Harbaugh] he will always push boys with competition.

Comment

• I hate Finebaum and the whole Alabama propaganda machine he heads at ESPN.

Comment

• I haven’t had high expectations for a Michigan season since 2007. Even in 2016 I never thought we had a real chance because the QB situation was so fucked. We haven’t had a QB capable of leading us anywhere that matters since the Carr era. We might now.

Comment

• This is pretty cool. If I can find out more about it I'll post more.

[ame]https://twitter.com/BR_TheFuture/status/940326158041743366[/ame]
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• BTW, that video I posted above was re-posted again today with an explanation of where it came from.

It's a 2016 recruiting video of the pair on a visit to NYC. Makes it somewhat less endearing as an indicator of the camaraderie between the two in the current circumstance.

I always want to hope for the best for both young men and hope they don't see each other as enemies.
                            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 12, 2017, 02:51 PM.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It's easy to feel a bit bad for Peters, but he came here. He knows Harbaugh's history with QBs, and he's chosen to stay and compete. Good on ya, Peters.

Comment

• This isn't a bad take on Patterson. I think of all the video I've watched of him, this evaluation is ok. I'd niggle over a few things, like the breathless tone of the article overall. You know how I feel about Patterson. I won't over do it.

The play extender notion of Patterson is a good one but think about this: does Harbaugh try to get his QBs to work within the play design? Yes and his attempts to get JOK to do that, despite significant simplification of his reads, I would guess, didn't work very well and resulted in a lot of INTs instead.

I wholeheartedly agree with the author's view that Patterson, if he wins the starting QB job, is going to need a lot help from his receivers...... and the OL. Frankly, that's true for both of Peters and Patterson.

Under pressure, O'Korn couldn't make the reads and pick the open guy in a WCO passing scheme like I think moved Speight in front of Peters in 2017 and later kept O'Korn (in practice anyway) ahead of Peters.

By the end of the PSU game though, O'Korn clearly demonstrated he wasn't going to be the guy so, it was back to the drawing board. The M offensive staff brought Peters out.

The salient point of view from this author is that Patterson does not do well under pressure. Harbaugh has alluded to the tough guy, standing in the pocket value a lot. At this point, I'm not sure I'd give an edge to either Patterson or Peters in that area but Peters has first hand experience in what JH expects though. Don't know what kind of coaching in that area Patterson got. It does not look like he got a lot of that.

From reading around, I'm still sold on Peters being ahead of Patterson but the margin of error is way high here.

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 12, 2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X