Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's visited OSU 4 separate times, has an OV scheduled and is close with a lot of kids in OSU's class. So, eh, my gut feeling is that he'd pick OSU over M, but my very real feeling is that he will stay out West and I think it's UCLA.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If he stays out west, it's 100% UCLA.

Comment

• Correct.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Holmes is UCLA but the official visit could help our chances of changing his mind... He's unlikeliest of those that The Oracle listed..

The Oracle has 7 OL, 1 of the 'elite' 3 OL should be switched for a defensive player... The only recruit with known academic issues is Chase Lasater; chance he ends up on the outside looking in...

Ohio State didn't show up vs Northern Illinois and only showed up late vs Indiana; otherwise very little were within two scores of them. Vs Sparty looked like way too conservative coaching than a talent issue... I had the Buckeyes as a playoff team over MSU but there is no way the committee can override a head-to-head loss or a conference champ over a non-conference champ. Sparty loses one (or 3) more game as they should've, Ohio State wins B1G CG and goes to 4-team playoff and loses to Saban.

Comment

• Comment

• 16 players from the 25 originally in the class of 2012 will play out their eligibility. That's the most since the 17 players from the 1999 class. Nine fifth year seniors has to be the most that we have had in a long time. We would have a few more were it not for the trend of grad transfers.

Of the 66 players signed by Rodriguez, only 25 of them played out eligibility. Other than the 2009 offensive class (Denard, 3 OL, Gallon, Fitz, Smith) his recruiting was an unmitigated disaster. Wow. Carr's late classes were pretty bad in that area too. Thank God Hoke somehow managed to stop that shitty trend.
              Last edited by Hannibal; August 24, 2016, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Carr's recruiting tailed off dramatically after '03. He did hit on enough talent to sustain the program as mediocre through his tenure ('07) before leaving RR with not much to use.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                  Carr's recruiting tailed off dramatically after '03. He did hit on enough talent to sustain the program as mediocre through his tenure ('07) before leaving RR with not much to use.
                  I was no fan of Rodriguez, but I agree with this. Rodriguez was hired with one hand tied behind his back due to the lackluster recruiting over Carr's last two years.

Yet Lloyd and his supporters were the most vocal in their opposition to Rodriguez.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'm tired of people blaming Carr for RR's failures. Truth is RR and his staff were amazed by the level of talent they inherited over what they had to work with at WVA. Carr has been gone for almost a decade. Give it a rest!

Comment

• I wanted RRod gone as much as anyone Stan. My biggest problem with him was his lack of emphasis on defense, and how he sapped the toughness out of the program.

Carr shared blame for leaving nothing on the table, but RRod had 3 years to recover, and he didn't. Instead he made it worse.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I agree completely with your post. I think however that Carr left more on the table than people give him credit for. The talent just didn't fit RR's makeover

Comment

• I'd say there wasn't enough talent plus RR didn't know how to make it work. That's how 3-9 happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                            I'd say there wasn't enough talent plus RR didn't know how to make it work. That's how 3-9 happen.
                            I hated seeing Dick Rod completely ignore the defense and when he did recruit for it he brought in undersized DL. Having to change the OL to fit your scheme is one thing for speed but putting smallish lineman on defense is stupid in the B10
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Fellas, you guys keep on relitigating Rich Rod, the fact is he an average coach who should have stayed at WVU.

Comment

• smells like little brother envy. its quite sad
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X