Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• AA: Where are you getting the videos of the games that the chess masters played? Beats the heck out of reading Kp to Kp4. Please keep those things coming. I enjoy your narration too.

Comment

• Curious if Jos? Ra?l Capablanca is in his top 5
        Last edited by Kapture1; January 13, 2018, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• First indictment in Uranium One. Actual wrongdoing during the issue at hand, not some ten-year-old unrelated crime.

Comment

• Comment

• Kappy - your mommy's calling. Come up from the basement and clean the toilets...
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• fuckin' Trump
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                  AA: Where are you getting the videos of the games that the chess masters played? Beats the heck out of reading Kp to Kp4. Please keep those things coming. I enjoy your narration too.

YouTube. Just do a search of some grandmaster's games. You can usually find several.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• #3 Garry Kasparov

Garry set a numberof records. Highest rated player of all time (until supplanted by Carlsen), professional tournament wins, youngest-ever world champion (22) and a few other things.

His style was methodical and relentless. The smallest advantage and he would begin to reduce clutter and distill the game down to the critical, essential parts until the result was inevitable.

[ame]https://youtu.be/GDknn_HWTlc[/ame]

In the piece on Bobby, I mentioned his issues with FIDE (The F?d?ration Internationale des ?checs) the world governing body of chess. They are far more corrupt than the infamous world soccer organization (FIFA). Kasparov, as world champion began to form competing organizations and eventualy scheduled his own world championship match with England's Nigel Short in London. Fide of course banned them both and held their own world championship. Garry formed a few other organizations but nothing really materialized. He tried to run for president of Fide and was accused of trying to buy votes. Kasparov denies this, but if he did buy votes, he didn't buy enough. He lost to the incumbent by a decent margin.

Since then, Garry has been trying his hand at politics and coaching world champion candidates (like Magnus Carlsen). He has had a number of battles with Vladimir Putin and started a presidential campaign against him in 2007 (that he had to drop after being arrested for "demonstrating"). He ended up fleeing his home in Baku and eventually moving to Croatia due to attacks on ethnic Armenians in Azerbaijan and some KGB warnings about his safety. He has lived in Croatia since 2014.
                    Last edited by AlabamAlum; January 14, 2018, 10:58 AM.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      The President's calming message to the people of Hawaii

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...01373479104512

I wish I was surprised. I never imagined so many R?s would stand around and not speak out or fight back. Regan?s party is dead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                        I wish I was surprised. I never imagined so many R?s would stand around and not speak out or fight back. Regan?s party is dead.
                        This post made me recall an article that I came across late last year. It has some of the loaded language of the left but it is factually correct. It also describes Donald Trump as a racketeer which may be or maybe not be a little off but I get the point. The article further foretells a US, under the Trump administration, that is more like Putin's Oligarchy in Russia than it is Reagan's shining city (beacon of democracy) on the hill.

I've also posted a link to the web site I frequently use to make sure I understand from which political viewpoint a particular media source is coming from.

Donald Trump has conquered the party of Reagan and is fulfilling a dream of the hard right – the demolition of government.

LEFT BIAS These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation.  They may
                        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/952569551450976257[/ame]

Comment

• fuckin' Trump
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fusion GPS, firm behind disputed Russia dossier, retracts its claim of FBI mole in Trump camp

Comment

• Dow up 40% since the election. $ 7.6 Trillion in added wealth to stockholders.

winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X