No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, Mid Calder. The mother-in-law lives 2 miles from Mid Calder in Kirknewton. Not a bad area out West of Edinburgh..., but....., too many Jambos......, mother-in-law included!

Awesome that you were in the EAST stand. I'm usually in Section 42, over halfway up in Row AA. That's more towards the away end. More passion along there. Especially vs Hearts, Celtic or "the" Rangers. Did you take out the equivalent of a mortgage and buy a coffee and pizza slice? Robbin' Hibs bstds!
    But that Row AA, section 42, is roughly the same area we've sat for 30 years, over three new builds.
    After Hillsborough in 89, all stadium had to meet new safety regs,....., took Hibs a good few years to eventually meet the standards, and there were three East Stand set ups. But we tried to remain in that vicinity of the stadium. One year, I didn't have a season ticket, (2004), couldn't get a Jambos game ticket, eventually got one in the Famous Five stand. Shyte! Hibs games must be viewed from the East.

Glad you enjoyed it. And the woman is very correct. In the past I've parked the van and walked round to the stadium in T-shirt,...... by half time, full winter attire required.

It's Money-well v Hibs this weekend....., at their place. If the Cabbage play like they did v Jambofkers, they should win comfortably.
    Last edited by Marko69; October 27, 2017, 12:48 AM.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I had no idea "being too drunk" was possible in Scotland short of being dead.

Ya learn something new every day.

Comment

• They weren't in Scotland, they were in New Zealand.
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          I had no idea "being too drunk" was possible in Scotland short of being dead.

Ya learn something new every day.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league...for-misconduct
          Here is one more thing to learn ........, rugby is pish. The majority couldn't give a shit about it in Scotland. They're probably nearly deed drunk due to the depression of not making it in the saaaawker.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• 30 for 30 Tues night Ric Flair is must see tv (or DVR)

Comment

• Big Sam to Everton to try and avoid the drop.

Comment

• Yeah, bringing in Big Sam means you are in deep kimchee at the bottom of the table.

Watched Leicester v Tottenham yesterday.

Vardy's volley was absolutely sick, got to be in line for a top 5er for best strike of the year. Mahrez 60 yard sprint at the death in the 1st half and his bender into the top corner was pretty sweet too.

Comment

• Everton fans are pissed, their wish list of coaches was delusional. It could have been worse, Tracksuit Tony was available. I find the cult of manager in England to be fascinating, there is nothing like it in the US sports.

Comment

• Detroit named one of 4 finalist for MLS expansion. 2 teams are to be added.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Everton fans are pissed, their wish list of coaches was delusional. It could have been worse, Tracksuit Tony was available. I find the cult of manager in England to be fascinating, there is nothing like it in the US sports.
                      They certainly are pissed off.

But they've been in the top flight since 1955, and they're looking for consolidation this season. Sam will achieve that.

Comment

• First game with Big Sam watching over Unsworth from the stands....... Everton 4 WHU 0! I have a feeling those players were wanting Ronald out!

Comment

• What a way for Rooney to get his hatrick. Great stuff.

[ame]https://youtu.be/XCqjhxTngLI[/ame]

Comment

• That's probably right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              Detroit named one of 4 finalist for MLS expansion. 2 teams are to be added.
                              I find the stadium situation puzzling. It was full speed ahead on that project and then all of a sudden they decide to use Ford Field. Detroit was always destined to be a finalist but the big unknown is if the stadium is a deal breaker

Comment

• I suspect the decision to use Ford Field emerged as they were seeing the scenario playing out in Columbus, and realized the city of Detroit probably wasn't going to be any more helpful using public funds to subsidize a new stadium.

Perhaps in their mind, having a venue already existing and guaranteed to be there makes for a more solid bid than the potential for one that could blow up in their faces before it even takes off.

Comment

Working...
                                X