In Memory of Ned T Elbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was a generous soul, too.

I missed the night before party, but he was buying drinks until the cows came home. PCDave (another long lost member) got so hammered, he stopped drinking after that.
    The only logical explanation is:
    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

I remember his posts, but didn't realize that he had passed away. I'm very sad to hear that.

Comment

He has passed on but what is to say that one day we will not be graced by the presence of his reborn soul?
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

I always remember the first time I met him and his two wives and the night we spent.
          interesting - do tell......
          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

Originally posted by kayrone
            interesting - do tell......
            What happens at the Forum Games, stays at the Forum Games.;-) You really should plan on attending next year, Kay (though it is understandable with a new rug rat why you might not be able to make it).
            Last edited by Malto Marko; May 15, 2006, 03:37 PM.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Sounds like a nice guy. Nice tribute about getting a jersey with his name on it. Very thoughtful.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

It was also nice his wife logged on here to tell everyone. She must have known how much you guys meant to him.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

did anyone save some of Ned's great writings from the old forum, would be nice to see his rants every now and then.
                  If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

Ned died January 24, 2001. I joined the Freep forum about the same time he died. I remember being very moved by the reaction from the regulars and have stayed ever since. Deb painstakingly moved the tribute thread from the Freep to our first forum at WorldCrossing which can be read here:

http://wc6.worldcrossing.com/webx?14@@.eee9053
                    "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

Thanks, Rommy.

Comment

Ned responded to my first post with wit and sarcasm. I called him" Snuffy Smith on acid " or something like that.

Imagine what heaven is like- a 4th and 26 pass complete to Crowell from Ferrotte, Marty DOESN'T take the wind, Eddie Murray's 43 yarder goes down the middle and not wide right, Dave Williams fumbles the overtime kickoff return and the Lions beat the Bears... NED, you put in your time in Lions purgatory here on earth , I'm sure they have won every SB since 2001 for you now!

Comment

lol.. good post..
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Ned died January 24, 2001
                            Wow, I can't believe its been that long. Ned was one of the very few Lion posters who was never rude, insulting, jealous, or made a personal attack against me. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by packfan
                              Wow, I can't believe its been that long. Ned was one of the very few Lion posters who was never rude, insulting, jealous, or made a personal attack against me. RIP
                              That doesn't mean he liked you. (:

In the beginning, I had to read quite a few of his posts to figure out what he was saying. Then it hit me, that guy was really smart, in a weird sort of way.

I often wondered why he went by Ned T Elbows, which has no tie in with Dave Raymer, that I can figure out. Wasn't the "Elbows" thing related to how much time he spent with his elbows resting on a bar, or something like that. I join with so many on this forum who really miss him.

Comment

No, it was a fictional character he used from literature. Ned T was supposed to be the cousin of another Elbows who was the literary character he was mimicking with his dialect. He originally used the more famous character but was bounced for something he wrote in one of the other forums and reincarnated himself as Ned T.

Comment

Working...
                                X