Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All hail King Dr. Strangelove!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The only weekend morning shows worth watching better involve the EPL.

Comment

• If the princess kisses the Prog Prince, he turns into Joe Scarborough.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Americans are willing to put up with being preposterously well off. Quite the price to pay.
          Well, again, there are metrics.

Comment

• Speaking of Joe Scarborough, I am pretty sure I had a class with him at Alabama. Wonder if I will get an invite to his and Mika's wedding. Calling MSNBC right now to see if they give me his cell phone number.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The only weekend morning shows worth watching better involve the EPL.
              Correct.

Well, again, there are metrics.
              Correct. My statement is based thereon.

But, look -- before this goes any further -- I know what you think of the US, I know what you think politically and policy-wise -- I, by and large, disagree with those macro topic takes. I'm quite sure they're sincerely-held, rationally-reached and credibly-supported. I'm also sure they're not prone to much change.

Our macro world views aren't at all the same. Unlike, say, Geezer, I'm perfectly fine with that, have no particular desire to change yours and understand you're not an idiot for thinking differently.

There's quite a bit of room for discussion on discrete "micro-topics" -- say, venture capital investment in alternative energy or underlying causes of Turkish government choices. All very interesting. But when it boils down to something as fundamental as the value of the US then it's neither interesting nor productive. Just too fundamental to do anything other than state vastly different thoughts.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You don't care what he really destroys or who he harms while he's there, so long as the tax cut happens
                Care to give an example of what or whom Trump is destroying? Making able-bodied Medicaid recipients work 20 hours per week?

BTW, I went to the Forum page and it appears you are tattling to Jeff again. There is no way that a person can be working in the oil and gas industry and have total disdain for private property like you do. I figure you are some sort of environmental consultant. But you appeal to Jeff so the new rule is that I cannot ask you what you do or what is your wife's occupation.

DSL, one thing that is universally true is that progressives will always try to shut down free speech. Their belief system is so utterly illogical that they absolutely cannot defend it, so they shut down those who question it.

Meanwhile, in actual news, Apple is bringing back $ 252 Billion to the US, has committed to spending $ 350 Billion in the next 5 years on what are actual shovel-ready jobs, is paying $ 38 Billion in repatriation tax, and has given $ 2,500.00 in restricted stock to each employee.

winning

Comment

• Well I agree with all that save for the metrics. Many of them show other things. Just do. That's a challenge to an assertion that seems true, or has for a while. I think it's very interesting.

Comment

• Dammit talent, he's like the Great Gazoo. Mention his name and he appears.

Comment

• Comment

• However, it is fundamentals, not market sentiment that has the largest impact on both the Dow and the S&P (both also noteworthy for their narrow focus on specific stocks).
                        The S&P is narrow? 500 stocks, narrow? Check the Wilshire 5000 and you will see exactly the same trends.

Jeff, you should stick to moderating and leave the financial analysis to those of us who are qualified to do so. Regurgitating Buzzfeed just doesn't cut it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                          and leave the financial analysis to those of us who are qualified to do so.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• I must say as the titular head of the progressive faction I am embarrassed or proud to say I really only know of Joy Reid by her bad tweets.
                              IQ=85

Comment

• AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!
                                My compliments for finding a way to use multiple syllables in your wording to argue your point. Impressive.

A couple of years ago, my roommate at Hope shared his largess with his employees.

Employees at two Michigan factories are enjoying an unexpected windfall from company chairman J.C. Huizenga. Dean Reynolds reports on the generous thank you gift, only on "CBS This Morning."

This is what actual patriots do for their employees. This guy also owns 81 charter schools.

Comment

Working...
                                X